Official Ronnie Price Injury Thread: (UPDATE: Probable for Game Tonight p. 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

The way Lin's turnovers look probably affects people's perceptions of him as a turnover prone player. When a floated pass is picked off or a dribbler stumbles on the floor or gets caught in traffic it tends to stick in peoples memories more than other types because they can see it coming. Not making any judgements either way though.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

Price is probable to go tonight:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 5m5 minutes ago
Another good piece of news: Ronnie Price has progressed and is probable to play tonight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:

Another good piece of news: Ronnie Price has progressed and is probable to play tonight.

Nice. Keep the good news coming.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Good news on Price

Quote:

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Ronnie Price has apparently improved enough to be listed as probable for the Lakers tonight - that's not nothing - Lin starting still

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
With Ronnie Price going from doubtful to probable, we might expect him to play backup PG, moving Clarkson (or Henry) to the wing.

Guy is a tough cookie.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
The way Lin's turnovers look probably affects people's perceptions of him as a turnover prone player. When a floated pass is picked off or a dribbler stumbles on the floor or gets caught in traffic it tends to stick in peoples memories more than other types because they can see it coming. Not making any judgements either way though.

I think Lin is still skittish. There are times where it looks like a potential TO when he's handling the ball and he has a lot of near turnovers. He usually gets out of it but it looks like his body moves faster than his dribbling or his balance is a little off or something. I think that's the area Lin needs to improve on more than anything to make coaches feel at ease having him running the offense. His passing is good to outstanding. Sometimes he'll make bad ones but so do most players.

There's also when he's going to the basket and he then makes a late decision to pass in the air (like the move that led to the Ellington collision) where he should shoot instead. He does that sometimes, but it looks bad when he just throws it like a QB putting up a hail Mary. Lin is excellent, a really fun player and makes his team mates better but he's still raw in some areas. The more minutes he gets playing PG, the better and he really didn't play PG consistently in Houston. It looks like he will as a Laker.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Good news indeed and not a moment too soon. Hope he has a great game.

MJST wrote:
Good news on Price

Quote:

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Ronnie Price has apparently improved enough to be listed as probable for the Lakers tonight - that's not nothing - Lin starting still

With Ronnie Price going from doubtful to probable, we might expect him to play backup PG, moving Clarkson (or Henry) to the wing.

Guy is a tough cookie.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Good news on Price

Quote:

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus

Guy is a tough cookie.

Price is a hard nose player... he's all over the place on the court, hope he can contribute tonight off the bench...Good news on X as well...
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I hope he locks down Harden.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why people here don't give Ronnie Price a little more credit. I never saw him play before, but based on what I saw during preseason, he's tough, plays hard on defense and is average as a passer and a little bit below average as a shooter....but he's tough and the Lakers need toughness.

All I know is I saw one play this preseason where Bledsoe tried to put the moves on Price and Price stuck to him like glue.

Maybe he's a third string guard because he's not a great shooter and doesn't have freaky court vision, but maybe we shouldn't take away his best attribute defense.

He's played well this preseason and I'm glad to have him off the bench or playing non-starters minutes behind Jeremy Lin. All he has to do is bring the ball up and give it to Kobe and also guard the other team's point guard.

BTW, how tall is Price?
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:

Good, we need as many players healthy as we can get tonight. The squad is decimated with injuries as it is.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I don't know why people here don't give Ronnie Price a little more credit. I never saw him play before, but based on what I saw during preseason, he's tough, plays hard on defense and is average as a passer and a little bit below average as a shooter....but he's tough and the Lakers need toughness.

All I know is I saw one play this preseason where Bledsoe tried to put the moves on Price and Price stuck to him like glue.

Maybe he's a third string guard because he's not a great shooter and doesn't have freaky court vision, but maybe we shouldn't take away his best attribute defense.

He's played well this preseason and I'm glad to have him off the bench or playing non-starters minutes behind Jeremy Lin. All he has to do is bring the ball up and give it to Kobe and also guard the other team's point guard.

BTW, how tall is Price?

He is 6'2".
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

BTW, how tall is Price?

Ok, I have to admit, this cracked me up.

He is tough, plays hard on defense, average as a passer and a little bit below average as a shooter....but he's tough (again)....

But how tall is he? And what is his name?! Hahaha.

He's actually been a terrible shooter for most of his life. I wouldn't use the preseason as an indicator for anything useful. In fact, it might be the best 6 or so game stretch that he has for us.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

He or Wes would be guarding Harden, and the other guarding Ariza, which would mean Kobe would be guarding Beverley.

But now likely Wes will be guarding Harden and Kobe will have to guard Ariza and Lin will be guarding Beverley.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

BTW, how tall is Price?

Yeah I like Price too. Just another guy making the best of the situation, and fighting for every inch he can get.

Unfortunately he is shouldering the blame for coach viewing him and Lin as equals when it comes to starting. And this leads some to point out the inequalities over and over again.

Just hope he doesn't come back prematurely.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

He or Wes would be guarding Harden, and the other guarding Ariza, which would mean Kobe would be guarding Beverley.

But now likely Wes will be guarding Harden and Kobe will have to guard Ariza and Lin will be guarding Beverley.

Beverly's like Rondo. You can just sag off him and dare him to shoot. Lin can double all day
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Price is playing

Quote:

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
Ronnie Price is in uniform for the Lakers and says he can play.

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters
Ronnie Price on season-opener: "Can't miss this!"

Tough cookie got heart, hope he does well tonight. We'll need that defense in general.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Go Ronny....
AVoiceInTheCrowd
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

Beverly's like Rondo. You can just sag off him and dare him to shoot. Lin can double all day

Beverley is a solid 3 point shooter at 36.5% for his career. Rondo is terrible at 25%.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject:

this guy already earned my respect during the pre-season, but seeing how determined he is to play tonight is awesome.

go out there and do your thing, Ronnie!
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

BTW, how tall is Price?

Yeah I like Price too. Just another guy making the best of the situation, and fighting for every inch he can get.

Unfortunately he is shouldering the blame for coach viewing him and Lin as equals when it comes to starting. And this leads some to point out the inequalities over and over again.

Just hope he doesn't come back prematurely.

same here. He has a role to play. Whatever that role it, we should leave it up to the coaches. The system will correct itself. Winning a lot and getting to the playoff is the goal!
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
stoneclearing
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

I think Lin is still skittish. There are times where it looks like a potential TO when he's handling the ball and he has a lot of near turnovers. He usually gets out of it but it looks like his body moves faster than his dribbling or his balance is a little off or something. I think that's the area Lin needs to improve on more than anything to make coaches feel at ease having him running the offense. His passing is good to outstanding. Sometimes he'll make bad ones but so do most players.

There's also when he's going to the basket and he then makes a late decision to pass in the air (like the move that led to the Ellington collision) where he should shoot instead. He does that sometimes, but it looks bad when he just throws it like a QB putting up a hail Mary. Lin is excellent, a really fun player and makes his team mates better but he's still raw in some areas. The more minutes he gets playing PG, the better and he really didn't play PG consistently in Houston. It looks like he will as a Laker.

He needs to learn when to pull up for the jumper or floater, that'll cut down some of his TO's. But yeah, I think it's his biggest problem throughout his career. I do think he's improved already, but I can see from the preseason that it'll still be an issue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: