Rumor: Lakers potentially eyeing Quincy Miller?; Update: Impresses in workout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

Trade Kelly for a future pick. Sign Miller
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I don't think teams are lining up to trade a draft pick for an oft-injured big man (though he's intriguing when he plays). We'd probably have to give him for free or even throw in a future 2nd; we're likely not getting a pick and a TPE for him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Although Price isn't very good out on the court, for some reason Scott loves him. Maybe it's the hustle.

I don't see Wellington being cut. He's a Tarheel and just went through a tragedy. FO knows it can't cut him.

What I'm curious about is why they're even trying to get a player right now. 10 day contracts don't start until January. So if they bring in someone, and they don't like him, that's 2 contracts you'd be eating (the person who is cut and the replacement).

Ha ... you must be hungry, bro.

Scott loves Price ... you're right on point: it's the hustle. Both in game and at practices, I'm sure. Hard for a coach not to give the benefit of the doubt to a truly willing vessel.

That is curious. Maybe they're through with X. He's "boucing back" real slow. The franchise has been snake bitten by injury so, with brittle Kelly taking a 6-week health leave, maybe they're willing to at least explore the option of eating 2 instead of 1.

Intrigue me as Quincy's skill-set does ... what intrigues me more is why Denver's giving up on him and why nobody claimed him off waivers. Must be more than just "basketball reasons".
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers will bring their D-League forward, Roscoe Smith of the D-Fenders, into a free agent workout today, league sources tell RealGM.

so no miller i guess? what the hell are lakers doing by bringing in so many guys for workout?

is it just showoff to show the fans they are trying to improve their team?

THE RETURN OF CHICKEN & WAFFLES

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

I thought Roscoe was a surprisingly good rebounder (particularly, offensively) and showed decent touch on his midrange to couple with lots of willingness to defend and play a complimentary role.

Not the upside of Miller, that's for sure but I think may have off-court, above the neckline issues going on. Perhaps Roscoe's the safer bet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
I thought Roscoe was a surprisingly good rebounder (particularly, offensively) and showed decent touch on his midrange to couple with lots of willingness to defend and play a complimentary role.

Not the upside of Miller, that's for sure but I think may have off-court, above the neckline issues going on. Perhaps Roscoe's the safer bet.

IF the team is looking to bring someone in, go with Miller. More upside than Roscoe who has pretty much hit his low ceiling.

I think the reason why no one has signed him is that he may be shooting for a team like the Lakers to get the Jodie Meeks contract later.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

IF the team is looking to bring someone in, go with Miller. More upside than Roscoe who has pretty much hit his low ceiling.

I think the reason why no one has signed him is that he may be shooting for a team like the Lakers to get the Jodie Meeks contract later.

Jodie did very well for himself and I'm happy for him.

Sure Quincy, if that's you're angle ... come on down and Sacre ... you can move on down.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

I don't think teams are lining up to trade a draft pick for an oft-injured big man (though he's intriguing when he plays). We'd probably have to give him for free or even throw in a future 2nd; we're likely not getting a pick and a TPE for him.

I think he's worth a future 2nd. It's not like he has some huge contract. He's very low risk for any team looking for a potential stretch 4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

IIRC, Miller had a knee injury late in high school that sort of stopped his momentum. Was a top high school phenom until that injury.

ACL injuries take a few seasons to recover from so maybe the Lakers get lucky renting him for a season? I'd rather go with a guy who has some upside over a guy with very little (Roscoe).
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

I think he's worth a future 2nd. It's not like he has some huge contract. He's very low risk for any team looking for a potential stretch 4

yupe me too but yinoma will keep arguing with you and try to shove that decision down ur throat
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

With Nick Young back, Ronnie Price has become expendable. Also makes Ellington expendable. Cut them both and then sign Quincy. Leave 1 roster spot for another "need" player.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IIRC, Miller had a knee injury late in high school that sort of stopped his momentum. Was a top high school phenom until that injury.

ACL injuries take a few seasons to recover from so maybe the Lakers get lucky renting him for a season? I'd rather go with a guy who has some upside over a guy with very little (Roscoe).

Look, the less I see of Byron's 3 guard lineups, the better. Lin and Price should never be in there together. If he wants to go gimmicky, Lin and Clarkson makes more sense. Quincy, sure. Anyone. Please.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Maybe last year, but he's already started this season off poorly with injuries. 2nd round picks can be an important asset. At best I see a straight TPE swap for Kelly, not TPE AND a 2nd.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

yupe me too but yinoma will keep arguing with you and try to shove that decision down ur throat

You can't handle the truth.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Twenty, five and five.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Twenty, five and five.

2013-14: 6 games.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Twenty, five and five.

Doubled that already.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

utah was just after him in the summer. thats the reason lakers gave him 1.7 straight for 2 yrs

ya he didnt play this yr but its not knee or ankles or achilles. its just an hamstring. u behaving like he blew up his both achillies
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Twenty, five and five.

Doubled that already.

Here's a for you!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

utah was just after him in the summer. thats the reason lakers gave him 1.7 straight for 2 yrs

ya he didnt play this yr but its not knee or ankles or achilles. its just an hamstring. u behaving like he blew up his both achillies

That's not my point. I can see a team giving up a TPE for him. That's easy. To get a 2nd rounder with that, that's really tough. And I doubt Lakers trade him as he fills a role on this team once he's back.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Here's a for you!

I'll roast it for you and you can have it with your Wellington.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Here's a for you!

I'll roast it for you and you can have it with your Wellington.

Golaker and KBCB are expertly baking my crow pie (the later having tasted it last season). I'll have it on the side with some Brussels sprouts.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

Well it's too early to start preparing that.

But not to early to ask how you like it.

Lakers like Kelly a LOT.

I did too but he's starting to frustrate me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

Pipe: Utah decides to commit to Favors and Kanter as their centers. Trades us Gobert for Kelly & Sacre + our Houston 2nd

Then we sign Miller with Randle's DPE
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

There wouldn't be some duplication between what Steve Novak does for Utah and what Kelly would provide?

Absorbing Kelly into Cap Space is something Utah might do, but squeezing a pick from them might be more difficult.

Last edited by Bard207 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16
Jump to: