Rumor: Lakers potentially eyeing Quincy Miller?; Update: Impresses in workout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

If Nash would just retire! He is occupying a roster spot.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I simply do not understand the Roscoe Smith work out... this must be some sort of sick joke that the Lakers are trying to throw at the media/fans.... we already have a D-League big-man on our FC rotation and don't need to add another one.....

if this isn't a smokescreen... then the Lakers are trying to tank games.

They are looking for a backup SF/PF combo player.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

AK47 can probably be had for some sort of draft pick/filler..... we need proven players not some sort of unknown projects.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

i dont get it why dont they just cut nash? he's not playing this year and isn't even with the team. isnt he just wasting a roster spot?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
i dont get it why dont they just cut nash? he's not playing this year and isn't even with the team. isnt he just wasting a roster spot?

Possible trade asset (with a draft pick).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I simply do not understand the Roscoe Smith work out... this must be some sort of sick joke that the Lakers are trying to throw at the media/fans.... we already have a D-League big-man on our FC rotation and don't need to add another one.....

if this isn't a smokescreen... then the Lakers are trying to tank games.

Cause Roscoe Has put up 22/18 and 20/17 games in the D-league so why shouldn't they give him a workout? Whats the point of having a D-League team if you aren't gonna bring talent that's shining up for a look?
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Firm believer Roscoe Smith shouldn't have been cut
He had a knack for the ball you can't teach that
Almost in every rebound & a decent slasher
Shooting has to be worked on but not bad of a player
The coaching staff had high praise off needs
I can see why he was cut but he's only 23
Diffidently can building something with him
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
AK47 can probably be had for some sort of draft pick/filler..... we need proven players not some sort of unknown projects.

Expect we don't want to lose anymore draft picks and AK47 is now useless. Also we don't need to tank if we had made that draft pick we traded to the Suns in the Nash deal a top 10 or even an top 15 protected pick because we are still most likely going to miss the playoffs because the west is too strong and we don't have enough talent.

Last edited by fontana3d on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Expect we don't want to lose anymore draft picks and AK47 is now useless. Also we don't need to tank if we had made that draft pick a top 10 or even an top 15 protected pick because we are still most likely going to miss the playoffs because the west is too strong and we don't have enough talent.

Tank you very much?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Expect we don't want to lose anymore draft picks and AK47 is now useless. Also we don't need to tank if we had made that draft pick a top 10 or even an top 15 protected pick because we are still most likely going to miss the playoffs because the west is too strong and we don't have enough talent.

Tank you very much?

Well you know I am right yinoma2001 the Lakers screwed up big time by not making that draft pick we traded to the Suns a top 10-15 protected 1st round draft pick. Also we should had made Nash's contract an team option in the 3rd year of his contract so that they can decline it and have an extra roster spot open to sign a player like Quincy Miller.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

I wonder which scrub the Lakers are gonna work-out during the weekend... it seems like our solution to our problems is bringing in these unknown gems and hoping they somehow turn into gold.... that's the vision we're living in under the Jim Buss era.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

Well, I'll tell ya one thing Q Miller would have done a better job than Boozer on Dirk last night on the perimeter,,,
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wonder which scrub the Lakers are gonna work-out during the weekend... it seems like our solution to our problems is bringing in these unknown gems and hoping they somehow turn into gold.... that's the vision we're living in under the Jim Buss era.

The Lakers has been doing this before Jim too think about it.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Show me a link in previous years... of the Lakers working out so many of players ... who are either projects or D-League material... I would like to see it.... cause this is the first time I see the Lakers bringing in so many ... unknown commoditys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Show me a link in previous years... of the Lakers working out so many of players ... who are either projects or D-League material... I would like to see it.... cause this is the first time I see the Lakers bringing in so many ... unknown commoditys.

How about last year's team? Our starting PG for most of it was DLeague's finest in Kendall Marshall.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Expect we don't want to lose anymore draft picks and AK47 is now useless. Also we don't need to tank if we had made that draft pick we traded to the Suns in the Nash deal a top 10 or even an top 15 protected pick because we are still most likely going to miss the playoffs because the west is too strong and we don't have enough talent.

AK47 isn't with the Nets and the Sixers want a pick to take him and Sergei. What's interesting is that the Sixers would then waive AK47 which give the Lakers the opportunity to pick him up.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
David 'Dubi' Pick: The Los Angeles Lakers, I'm hearing, aren't making immediate moves after holding free agent workouts. Twitter @IAmDPick - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.ojgiVNDj.dpuf
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

AK47 isn't with the Nets and the Sixers want a pick to take him and Sergei. What's interesting is that the Sixers would then waive AK47 which give the Lakers the opportunity to pick him up.

Assuming he clears waivers why would he want to come here?
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tonman wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

to actually see time on the floor?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tonman wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

to actually see time on the floor?

Why join a possibly bottom 5 team. He can get PT on much better teams.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

So no immediate signing despite.. Miller impressing in workouts? Maybe VLF was right the lakers are only doing these things for future relationships with player agents.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

A fried of mine is an agent and under Dr. Buss the Lakers worked out one of his guys who wasn't even good enough to play in the D League. A GM cannot leave any stone unturned.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Tank you very much?

Well you know I am right yinoma2001 the Lakers screwed up big time by not making that draft pick we traded to the Suns a top 10-15 protected 1st round draft pick. Also we should had made Nash's contract an team option in the 3rd year of his contract so that they can decline it and have an extra roster spot open to sign a player like Quincy Miller.

My guess is that the FO knew what it took to get Nash and that you do not.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Tank you very much?

My guess is that the FO knew what it took to get Nash and that you do not.

Who cares we are still f'ed.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

Quincy Miller was in town last night with the Reno Bighorns (Sac Kings affiliate) and scored 28 points. Doubt that the Lakers will pick him up anytime soon, didn't see any scouts or even Joey Buss at the game. Everyone seems to be in vacation mode, including the defense.

LA D-fenders won last night's game 175-152 (not a typo, 56 points in 1st qtr)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: