Watching Laker games without cable
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Watching Laker games without cable

I live in LA an am considering cancelling my cable(Charter) to save some $$$. I rarely ever watch TV and the only time I do is Laker games. Is there any alternative way to watch games at home(not at bars) without having cable or satellite? I know there are rogue websites I can visit, but I am looking for HQ streams that can be played back on PC and IOS devices.

Thanks
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Borrow a relatives credentials for online viewing maybe?
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

invest in nba league pass and a proxy server service to get around the local blackouts.

All games nationally televised on abc, tnt, espn, and NBATV though you'll need to go to a sports bar or a family member or friends house to watch those games.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I can't for the day that live sports will be available online. I'd pay for it too. Then I can cancel my cable and watch all the shows I do watch via hulu or other platforms and the live sports too.
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

If you know a family member's/friend's TV service provider login you can use the TWC Sportsnet app to watch games in HD.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Triangle_Offense wrote:
If you know a family member's/friend's TV service provider login you can use the TWC Sportsnet app to watch games in HD.

Care to share yours with me?
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

If you are looking for something free you will not find HQ. Only low quality streams.
Triangle_Offense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Triangle_Offense wrote:

I'm currently not in the LA area and do not have my own TV service. I only know of this because I used my friend's login last year to watch the games on the app.

Plus even if I did I would probably not share with a random person on LG (no offense ) since you'd be able to access my account with my service provider.

Edit: Also just an FYI to anyone attempting to use this method, you need to be in a location with TWCSN coverage for the app to work (100% sure about this, tried it in Arizona and the app did not work), and I believe the person's service provider must also be in an area of TWCSN coverage (not 100% sure about this, but would make sense).
jerryr88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Check pm
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking for the same type of thing. 1st year not buying LP in order to save money.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

ballstreams.com

Is what a lot of people use because it doesn't black out your local games. You have to pay though. Not sure if you still need an invite to sign up.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Triangle_Offense wrote:

LMAO.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject:

im thinking about getting league pass and sharing with a friend. can we both login and stream a game at the same time?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
im thinking about getting league pass and sharing with a friend. can we both login and stream a game at the same time?

No. I'm pretty sure it will kick the first one out when the second one logs in.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

If you know someone with time warner you can log into sports net and watch games online(without commercials).
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
If you know someone with time warner you can log into sports net and watch games online(without commercials).

This is what I do with the TWC and ESPN games.

Does anyone know if any of the cable/satellite providers stream TNT live on their websites/apps? I've been using TNT overtime but I hate the camera angles and it doesn't cover all the TNT games.

Edit**

Never mind. Found it. Looks like you can stream TNT on their website just like ESPN with Uverse, Charter, Xfinity, Fios, Directv, Cox, Optimum, Sudden Link and Dish. So if you want to watch the Lakers game tomorrow, hunt for a friend or family member that has one of those providers and get their login details.

Last edited by USCandLakers on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
nope. otherwise you could share with me too....a complete STRANGER.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/roku/

Checkout league pass for Roku. You might need a VPN to bypass blackouts, not sure how it works on a Roku.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
ballstreams.com

Is what a lot of people use because it doesn't black out your local games. You have to pay though. Not sure if you still need an invite to sign up.

Thanks for the link. How is the quality of the stream? Does it black out National TV games?
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I believe NBA League pass has their free trial period for the first week of the season. You can stream the games on your computer on your computer. If you live in Lakers territory though, you would have to figure out a way out of the blackout restrictions though.
KB4MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Triangle_Offense wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Triangle_Offense wrote:

I'm currently not in the LA area and do not have my own TV service. I only know of this because I used my friend's login last year to watch the games on the app.

Plus even if I did I would probably not share with a random person on LG (no offense ) since you'd be able to access my account with my service provider.

Edit: Also just an FYI to anyone attempting to use this method, you need to be in a location with TWCSN coverage for the app to work (100% sure about this, tried it in Arizona and the app did not work), and I believe the person's service provider must also be in an area of TWCSN coverage (not 100% sure about this, but would make sense).

That's how I'm doing it to watch the games. I use my friend's TWC login (she's in OC, while I'm in Pasadena). I don't have TWC around here, only Charter or satellite.
jerryr88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
ballstreams.com

Thats what i use but i didnt post it because on other boards ive been warned and told that its spamming

But yes its PERFECT! No need to worry about blackouts and reliable HD feeds
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
eureca wrote:
ballstreams.com

Thanks for the link. How is the quality of the stream? Does it black out National TV games?

Nothing is blacked out. All games... live and a LOT cheaper than league pass for same HD quality (3200 kbps).
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

People have raved about ballstreams...Wish there was a way to preview them cheap. Can someone take a screenshot, just so I can see the quality?

By the way, I'm shocked they are surviving being shut down by the NBA.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:
eureca wrote:
ballstreams.com

Nothing is blacked out. All games... live and a LOT cheaper than league pass for same HD quality (3200 kbps).

i just did some research and it looks like ballstream looks legit. i will sign up tonight and let you guys know what it is like...it appears that this site is not illegal bc the NBA does not have any jurisdiction there in the netherlands so there is a very small risk of this site shutting down. they have been streaming the NHL for over 7 seasons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: