Predict Kobe's points
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traveler
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Unless Kobe gets some help somehow it is going to come down to where he will have to start jacking a lot of shots up. The best part is that over time his efficiency will rise as he starts making them from being so repetitive and people will notice and tune in and watch. He needs to zero in on the 3 point shot and perfect that.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

Got some of his first steps back yesterday. If kobe can continue to drive to the basket from time to time, it would open up his jumper a little bit. Maybe back to 45% FG
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

Kobe is looking very good; I just hope that the other players around him would pick up the slack on a more consistent basis.
In time the team will gel and get used to each other. It takes time & we know that this is a team w/ mostly new players.
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Only stats kobe has cared about are rings. Sadly he will stay at 5 this year.

I think he likes his numbers too, especially in a year like this one where people are loudly doubting his ability to get them.

people lime to think of Kobe as this honorable samurai who cares about nothing but a ring. Truth is I think Kobe cares more about proving people wrong than anything. He cares more about his personal challenges.

I'd go as far and say Kobe would rather have an awesome season and no ring (at this pointoff his career) than a washed up has been season, and a ring where he's a role player.

The man cares about how good he is on the floor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think he likes his numbers too, especially in a year like this one where people are loudly doubting his ability to get them.

people lime to think of Kobe as this honorable samurai who cares about nothing but a ring. Truth is I think Kobe cares more about proving people wrong than anything. He cares more about his personal challenges.

I'd go as far and say Kobe would rather have an awesome season and no ring (at this pointoff his career) than a washed up has been season, and a ring where he's a role player.

Said by someone whose handle is "ringthing." And if the lakers have its worst record in franchise history is kobe going to be ok with being the leading player on that squad? Absolutely not.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Said by someone whose handle is "ringthing." And if the lakers have its worst record in franchise history is kobe going to be ok with being the leading player on that squad? Absolutely not.

Both of you are right on this subject.

He wants to win, but he wants to be the top dog on the winning team.

C'mon with you guys after 20 years still not understanding this guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Being the best player on the worst team?
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Im sure he would prefer a decent season and some success- but to say the guy is COMPLETELY self sacrificial to the idea of winning a 6th ring is false. He wants to win, but at this point i think he is just as concerned about playing and playing well. I wouldn't doubt if in his mind his biggest concern is schooling the nba this season WHILE trying to get wins. (we all know thats stats arent as impressive in a loss)

My Username is Ringthing- and yes, it does refer to Kobe. I am not saying Kobe doesnt care or never cared deeply about winning rings. I just know that there is another very competitive side to him too. The guy is very much about himself as he is about winning another ring for the Lakers.- and that is NOT a criticism.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject:

Ringthing, you are very right about Kobe, I myself have come to that realization as well. Kobe is fearless and wants to win, but he wants to be the top dog and main reason why his team is winning. Kobe in a weird way has been trying to make up for being selfless and winning earlier in his career, now scoffs at idea of sacrificing again and letting someone else get credit for his win/rings which in turn is not helping his team.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Absolutely. His team being able to contend is something Kobe for the most part cannot control.

Him putting his stamp on the league by still being able to drop 19 points in a quarter on 20 year old lockdown defenders is something he can control.

He's going to get his one way or the other.
LoLakers13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
50 ppg
105 in one game
4100 in total

Book It.

Kobe would need to shoot alone to reach 50 points a game.

Maybe it's not such a bad idea. This team won't compete for the championship anyway. Let kobe go for the records.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

I don't know ab out his ppg but I hope they will limit his minutes in b2b games. 35 mins is too much.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

25ppg on 25 shots per game. Kobe shots to much.

I'm hoping his efficiency goes up a bit as his form improves. The guy is rusty, and his long range shooting has yet to reveal itself. Since Scott is giving the green light to shoot more threes, Kobe needs to work on his three point shooting.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Got some of his first steps back yesterday. If kobe can continue to drive to the basket from time to time, it would open up his jumper a little bit. Maybe back to 45% FG

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
governator wrote:

Watching Houston vs miami... Kobe looks more athletic than DWade right now
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree with you. I do think Kobe wants more than anything to win, but if he's dominant. He doesn't want any part of a ring where he is a cog. In his mind, I'm sure it'd be like, "What's the point?"
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Historically Kobe turns it on and hits prime form around January so I expect him to finish the season at 26ppg/4apg/4rpg/44fg%/33mpg
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

If he keeps struggling with shot selection to this extent (please no.) I would guess 32.5 pts 37% fg
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

At this rate Kobe might win scoring title he has legit chance.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

His fg% will rise as the rust breaks off but it looks as if he'll probably have a lower fg% than were used to seeing this year.

With this team I could see him averaging north of 30ppg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Not bad trying to keep up with these young bloods

2014-15 stats so far
Kobe: 27.6ppg on 40.2%fg, 5.2rpg, 2.8 ast, 1.6 stl, 3.2 to in 34.4mpg
Harden: 27.2ppg on 38.8%fg, 6.8rpg, 7.4 ast, 1.4. stl, 3.6 to in 35.8mpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

2014-15 stats so far

Kobe: 24.4 shots a game; Harden 16. Not that it matters I suppose (oh and 0-5 vs. 5-0, which can't be pinned on Kobe alone).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

2014-15 stats so far

Kobe: 24.4 shots a game; Harden 16. Not that it matters I suppose (oh and 0-5 vs. 5-0, which can't be pinned on Kobe alone).

well Harden lives at the free throw line so i don't look at FGA when comparing the 2. The records can't be compared for obvious reasons which you aluded to.

I'm just comparing the indiviual stats. And Kobe isn't far behind except for assists. And we all know who has better weapons to pass to lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

2014-15 stats so far

Wow. 24 FGA and only 2.8 assists? That's got to be the worst AST:FG ratio of Kobe's career no?

I'll take the near triple double please!
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
22 wrote:

2014-15 stats so far

Wow. 24 FGA and only 2.8 assists? That's got to be the worst AST:FG ratio of Kobe's career no?

I'll take the near triple double please!

Take it, please!!!

http://www.rocketssocial.com/forums/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: