Would you offer Kawhi Leonard the max next year?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

would you?
yes
70%
 70%  [ 43 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 61

LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Would you offer Kawhi Leonard the max next year?

YES OR NO.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

how much would his max be?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
how much would his max be?

No idea, but I am guessing it would start somewhere around 15 million to start. He will be 24 years old at the start of next season and Randle will be about 21.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

productive and efficient, giant hands, lakers fan, yes pls
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject:

Without hesitation.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Beneficiary recipient of the Popovich system and Duncans/Parkers greatness.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Without a doubt.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject:

Heck yea
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Without hesitation.
bls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

Absolutely.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Yes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

Sure, at the very least you can make SA pay top dollar for a player for once.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Offer a 3 year deal. Leonard can then be a free agent in 3 years in time for the lakers to scoop him up.

I understand the Spurs angle, to a point. They will match anything, and his Leonard's small cap hit is way less than a max cap hit. Therefore they get extra cap space to use this upcoming summer, then match/max him out.

The only problem is resentment from Leonard (after getting Finals MVP to say the least) and less years. Who knows, maybe Leonard to the Lakers in 2017 is a real possibility.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

yeah after looking at our roster again....still no doubt I'd give Leonard the max
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Xfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

For sure.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Offer a 3 year deal. Leonard can then be a free agent in 3 years in time for the lakers to scoop him up.

I understand the Spurs angle, to a point. They will match anything, and his Leonard's small cap hit is way less than a max cap hit. Therefore they get extra cap space to use this upcoming summer, then match/max him out.

The only problem is resentment from Leonard (after getting Finals MVP to say the least) and less years. Who knows, maybe Leonard to the Lakers in 2017 is a real possibility.

Of course, he doesn't have to sign your 3 year deal, with smaller raises. He can just take the offer back to SA and get his full max, five year deal. Offering Kawhi a contract is a lot like asking a celebrity for a date on Twitter. It is possible she says yes, but mostly you're just wasting time you could be using to find a girl who will date you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Of course, he doesn't have to sign your 3 year deal, with smaller raises. He can just take the offer back to SA and get his full max, five year deal. Offering Kawhi a contract is a lot like asking a celebrity for a date on Twitter. It is possible she says yes, but mostly you're just wasting time you could be using to find a girl who will date you.

True. But he may want an "out" by way of a 3 year deal to cash in (somewhat) on the increased salary cap while getting some financiap security. Not impossible but probably unlikely.
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

its hard to tell which players look good on their own without Pop's system alot of their former stars/ role players that left are pretty much bums on other teams.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

I would love the Lakers to do it.

Rumor is, the only reason Leonard didn't get the max already is because the Spurs are planning to go after Marc Gasol. They'll end up matching/signing him to a max deal, after the ink is dry on Marc.

It actually makes perfect sense because the cap will go up leaps and bounds the following season. Talk about a stacked team if they get Marc and add him to the rest of the Spurs.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

Rumor is, the only reason Leonard didn't get the max already is because the Spurs are planning to go after Marc Gasol. They'll end up matching/signing him to a max deal, after the ink is dry on Marc.

It actually makes perfect sense because the cap will go up leaps and bounds the following season. Talk about a stacked team if they get Marc and add him to the rest of the Spurs.

They get like $10m in extra cap space to sign more free agents. They'll assuredly match whatever is offered to Leonard (and he can decline a Parsons-like deal which was for a shorter duration of 3 years). Not much we can do here. Move on.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

DO IT MITCH!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

Rumors also say that Leonard is pissed that the Spurs haven't paid him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Rumors also say that Leonard is pissed that the Spurs haven't paid him.

Too bad he can't do anything about it. Then they'll sign Marc Gasol and Duncan on a cheap contract and Kahwai gets his 5 year max. All smiles thereafter.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

If the Lakers offer him a max deal on first day of free agency and he accepts, then don't the Spurs have to match it within a certain time frame? and if the Spurs match it, will they have enough left over to sign Gasol. Because Gasol will probably take a little time to make his decision. So, if the Spurs match the offer to Leonard, they lose out on Gasol. If they hold off on matching on Leonard, taking the chance they can get Gasol, they lose Leonard. Hopefully, they lose out on both.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Dylandogg wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

If the Lakers offer him a max deal on first day of free agency and he accepts, then don't the Spurs have to match it within a certain time frame? and if the Spurs match it, will they have enough left over to sign Gasol. Because Gasol will probably take a little time to make his decision. So, if the Spurs match the offer to Leonard, they lose out on Gasol. If they hold off on matching on Leonard, taking the chance they can get Gasol, they lose Leonard. Hopefully, they lose out on both.

No, there is a pause between when teams can speak to FA's and then a delay on when they can actually sign them. So that'd be a negative.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: