What are the remaining goals or objectives for this season? What should Mitch do next?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: What are the remaining goals or objectives for this season? What should Mitch do next?

one of the highlight and focal point of the season was going to be the development of randle

what now?

honestly shell shocked. Feel like tanking is the only thing to resort to at this point
Suckmaki Walker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

there are none. kobe's contract crippled the lakers and guys dont want to play with him. youll need to wait until he retires to see any real changes. and there is no point in tanking because the suns have our pick thanks to the nash trade.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

The only hope this year is that we can rebound from tonight, get a win tomorrow, and start from there to hustle our way to a playoff spot. It's either playoffs or bottom 5 now - anything else is a wasted season, since we can't even count on Randle's development anymore. Maybe take a flier on some more lottery busts and hope they can turn into something?

But as we saw tonight, hoping that players like Lin and Boozer can become more than what they were in previous years and help turn us into a playoff team is only going to result in heartache...
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The only hope this year is that we can rebound from tonight, get a win tomorrow, and start from there to hustle our way to a playoff spot. It's either playoffs or bottom 5 now - anything else is a wasted season, since we can't even count on Randle's development anymore. Maybe take a flier on some more lottery busts and hope they can turn into something?

But as we saw tonight, hoping that players like Lin and Boozer can become more than what they were in previous years and help turn us into a playoff team is only going to result in heartache...

Yup. If Kelly would be ready to play, he will replace Randle's production. And Kelly can shoot 3 point shots(something that Lakers are lacking). Also we are waiting for Nick Young. But playoff chance is really dim.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:

At this point it's hope that we have a top 5 pick.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Injuries already have killed this Lakers season....I can just see players going thru the motions. Its not going to be pretty.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

1. Kobe break records.
2. Tank
3. Develop Kelly and Clarkson
4. Pray for Randle, hope he comes back strong like Blake.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Julius is young, this was only going to be one of his years to develop. He wasnt going to shine until later. The seasons outlook shouldn't change overnight with one injury.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Hire a new training/medical staff. So many of our players have been saying "I've never seen this before" but it's happened two years running now. It's unacceptable and at some point you can no longer brush it off as bad luck - there is something systemically wrong with the Lakers injury situation.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Julius is young, this was only going to be one of his years to develop. He wasnt going to shine until later. The seasons outlook shouldn't change overnight with one injury.

Well, it would have been nice for him to gain experience playing with a Legend like Kobe instead of just sitting on the bench in crutches. His development will now be behind 1 year. Lets hope he doesn't gain too much weight during his recovery process.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

1. Trade Kobe to Knicks for Amare and picks
2. Let Lin and Davis be the focal point of the offense
3. Tank
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Magic wand
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
1. Kobe break records.
2. Tank
3. Develop Kelly and Clarkson
4. Pray for Randle, hope he comes back strong like Blake.

Ugh... You're probably right.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject:

Kobe for 82.
develop Davis and clarkson.
put in an offensive system for next year.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
3. Tank

The Knicks have picks? They have ZERO picks

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2015 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2015 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap its 2016 1st round pick for New York's 2016 1st round pick [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; New York will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Toronto (see New York Debits)

2016 first round draft pick to Toronto
New York will convey the less favorable of its 2016 1st round pick and Denver's 2016 1st round pick to Toronto (via Denver's right to swap for New York) [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011 then New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

2016 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2016 2nd round pick to Houston (via Portland to Sacramento then removal of protection from New York) [New York-Portland, 7/15/2012 then New Orleans-Portland-Sacramento, 7/10/2013 then New York-Sacramento, 8/6/2014 then Houston-Sacramento, 9/17/2014]

2017 second round draft pick to Utah
New York's 2017 2nd round pick to Utah (via Toronto) [New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013 then Toronto-Utah, 7/10/2014]

2018 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of the L.A. Clippers' 2018 2nd round pick and New York's 2018 2nd round pick and New York will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap L.A. Clippers for New York) [L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/20/2014 then New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]; this pick conveyance is the same as the one described in "2018 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers" on Philadelphia Credits

2019 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

As much as i've loved and cheered for Kobe over the years, i'm looking at this man with disdain and anger.

why? because i can already sense his soon-to-be frustration and resentment for this loser team. he'll have to deal with being on a crappy team and his pride, ego and attitude is going to start creeping up.

all i see is an over-paid, past-his-prime superstar who's in all seriousness more a hindrance than an asset at this point. what the hell do we do now? everyone's breaking down and this is the first game. no substantial, impactful player/players want to come here.

so in all seriousness we are f*cked. we are the laughing stock of the NBA and we're gonna have to look at Kobe and his crippling contract extension in a different or honest light eventually.

the Laker era is gone and everyone else has moved on. we're like 3-5 seasons from even being decent.

this is so painful (especially since i'm going to foolishly spend this entire season recording and watching every crappy game we have to look forward to).

what do we do now? i'm seriously pissed at Kobe and his terrible contract right now. i hope this man doesn't complain once all season and enjoys losing night after night.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
As much as i've loved and cheered for Kobe over the years, i'm looking at this man with disdain and anger.

why? because i can already sense his soon-to-be frustration and resentment for this loser team. he'll have to deal with being on a crappy team and his pride, ego and attitude is going to start creeping up.

all i see is an over-paid, past-his-prime superstar who's in all seriousness more a hindrance than an asset at this point. what the hell do we do now? everyone's breaking down and this is the first game. no substantial, impactful player/players want to come here.

so in all seriousness we are f*cked. we are the laughing stock of the NBA and we're gonna have to look at Kobe and his crippling contract extension in a different or honest light eventually.

the Laker era is gone and everyone else has moved on. we're like 3-5 seasons from even being decent.

this is so painful (especially since i'm going to foolishly spend this entire season recording and watching every crappy game we have to look forward to).

what do we do now? i'm seriously pissed at Kobe and his terrible contract right now. i hope this man doesn't complain once all season and enjoys losing night after night.

What a garbage post this is totally classless. This sounds to be like true diehard Kobe hater that has some built up rage and frustration envy towards the man. I imagine you'll be banned soon enough.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

I look forward to the bugs gaining chemistry with Lin as the games go on.
I also am looking forward to seeing Kelly and Clarkson develop
I look forward to Nick Young solidifying the bench.
I want to see this team grow together.

As for the overall goal?

Survive
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
crackadon wrote:

What a garbage post this is totally classless. This sounds to be like true diehard Kobe hater that has some built up rage and frustration envy towards the man. I imagine you'll be banned soon enough.

nope, this is actually coming from a Kobe fanboy. i was around 10 years old when Kobe was a rookie here and i tried and tried and eventually was able to get his rookie card (the year he first played for us too, meaning i got a first-pressing of it). i've worshipped and looked up to this man for many years. through the good and the bad, he's been my favorite.

the only difference now is that i'm not a little blind child anymore. i'm frustrated at how much money he took and how we were virtually unable to acquire any impactful players this offseason. i hope the best for Lin, Boozer, Randle, etc., but they're not gonna carry this team or be major game-changers.

so i'm sorry man if you view my opinion as classless or that i should be banned because of it. i thought this was a message-board and a place where we could vent our frustrations as die-hard Laker fans?

i'm so disappointed at what is being presented on the floor and Kobe is not the main reason for it. Jeanie, Jim and Mitch have a lot of blame coming their way as well.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
3. Tank

The Knicks have picks? They have ZERO picks

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2015 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2015 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap its 2016 1st round pick for New York's 2016 1st round pick [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; New York will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Toronto (see New York Debits)

2016 first round draft pick to Toronto
New York will convey the less favorable of its 2016 1st round pick and Denver's 2016 1st round pick to Toronto (via Denver's right to swap for New York) [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011 then New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

2016 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2016 2nd round pick to Houston (via Portland to Sacramento then removal of protection from New York) [New York-Portland, 7/15/2012 then New Orleans-Portland-Sacramento, 7/10/2013 then New York-Sacramento, 8/6/2014 then Houston-Sacramento, 9/17/2014]

2017 second round draft pick to Utah
New York's 2017 2nd round pick to Utah (via Toronto) [New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013 then Toronto-Utah, 7/10/2014]

2018 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of the L.A. Clippers' 2018 2nd round pick and New York's 2018 2nd round pick and New York will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap L.A. Clippers for New York) [L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/20/2014 then New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]; this pick conveyance is the same as the one described in "2018 second round draft pick from L.A. Clippers" on Philadelphia Credits

2019 second round draft pick to Philadelphia
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014]
The Knicks have their 2015 1st round pick. The Nuggets got the Knicks 2014 pick from the Melo trade.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:

long term goal is to win the championship... short term is to fix Byron's stupid offense... let's go crowd the lane!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: I love my Lakers...but we clearly are not trying to win

I know Randle going down hurts,,but come on we looked like $hit.
Boozer plays no D..Wes Johnson should not be in the NBA let alone starting, thought he was working out with Kobe all summer.
Why they kept injured Xavier Henry? Sacre is beyond trash.
Price sucks. Lin played like he was scared to start the game.
Hill is a bench player who is out starting center?
And what is BScott system? Seems like just a bunch of weak pick and rolls with guys who cant roll. Hill and Boozer, or cant finish at the rim or hit a jumper.
I mean the organization should just say "we are not trying to win, we trying preserve cap space and keep that pick from Phoenix". It would save ticket holders a bunch of $$.

Rant over..
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject:

we got to tank with deliberation this season.

If we give a top 6-13 pick to Phoenix... we just cannot do that on principles alone
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject:

we gotta lose enough to guarantee a top 5 pick IMO
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:

Tank. That is all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: