What are the remaining goals or objectives for this season? What should Mitch do next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson's game was really bad last night. Don't understand why we let him chuck it so much.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I would diff think about trading Hill/Lin for Lopez/Williams if that was on the table... that move gives us a better chance to win while Randle recovers from his injury.... we need some scoring options on this team... and I don't think Lin or Hill can give us that on a nightly basis.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Do love the effort. They're a scrappy bunch. Just lack the personnel.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:
Jordan Clarkson's game was really bad last night. Don't understand why we let him chuck it so much.

He's an aggressive rookie and was more aggressive offensively than any of the other guys. Having that mentality is step 1 in being a force in the league, and I'd rather pull an aggressive player back than try to make a passive player more aggressive.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I would diff think about trading Hill/Lin for Lopez/Williams if that was on the table... that move gives us a better chance to win while Randle recovers from his injury.... we need some scoring options on this team... and I don't think Lin or Hill can give us that on a nightly basis.

I have doubts that trade would work under the CBA.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Would it need to? Haha.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I have doubts that trade would work under CFS: common (bleep) sense.
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Michael Carter Williams, Deron Williams, Monroe... those type guys have been rumored in the past so I won't be surprised if their names come up again.

Trade Ellington and Nash contract for Hibbert LOL. Doubt anyone is going to do us a favor and trade for someone legit
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Where is Royce White? Since Randle is out for the year, Mitch and Byron can use the year to try to develop another young lottery pick without impacting Julius. He's about the same size as Randle (height and length-wise) and has, arguably, a better handle and court vision.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
With the Lakers possibly looking at 5-6M exception to use with Randle's medical exception and Nash's DTE we have the option to bring in a really good player.... then we also have Hill to use as a trade chip and if Lin proves not to be a good fit here in L.A. we can potentially use him to bring in a good big-man....

so do people think the Lakers will aim for a high pick this season or will Mitch deliver his promise?

Scenario:

The Lakers declare Randle out for the season and are granted a Disabled Player Exception by the NBA to use on a replacement for him.

What is the limit on the salary that the Lakers can spend on his roster replacement.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

How many injured players do you want???
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
With the Lakers possibly looking at 5-6M exception to use with Randle's medical exception and Nash's DTE we have the option to bring in a really good player.... then we also have Hill to use as a trade chip and if Lin proves not to be a good fit here in L.A. we can potentially use him to bring in a good big-man....

so do people think the Lakers will aim for a high pick this season or will Mitch deliver his promise?

Scenario:

The Lakers declare Randle out for the season and are granted a Disabled Player Exception by the NBA to use on a replacement for him.

What is the limit on the salary that the Lakers can spend on his roster replacement.

The Lakers are getting a player exception for Nash, I heard. Can they get another for Randle?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
22 wrote:
I've been under that line of thinking for a while now. Go for base hits too, don't just concentrate on the home run.

Which is why I would have gone for Stephenson or Ariza this summer. Only one I didn't want was IT22 and I'm probably wrong about that

You can have base hits or a home run. You can't have both.

Personally, I'm taking the home run. It's the Laker way.

I think they can do both. Sign some solid #2 and #3 option type FAs to longer contracts while waiting on a #1 to be available

Well, I'd need to know who you think those #2 and #3 players are and how much they cost.

I can agree with the idea in theory, but not if #2 and #3 are expensive.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Is this for a re-draft league?
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

what can mitch do? resign.....he clearly does not have a clue anymore. this is bad!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
what can mitch do? resign.....he clearly does not have a clue anymore. this is bad!

WHY? Nothing has changed. Why would he resign today and not yesterday or the day before that? Or the week before? Makes little to no sense.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Scenario:

The Lakers are getting a player exception for Nash, I heard. Can they get another for Randle?

I have glanced a few times at the CBA FAQ and haven't found anything blocking it. Maybe it is prevented and I just haven't found the relevant clause yet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sucks that there are fans who would rather the team be in total rebuild mode instead of trying to win titles.

I don't see those modes as mutually exclusive.

I don't either, but it is tricky. The Lakers had to give up those draft picks to shoot for another title, that really harms the rebuilding effort.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:

Yeah, 4 shots, what a ballhog.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Doesn't need to here.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:

Yeah, 4 shots, what a ballhog.

Hahahahaha. 3 was my max. THAT'S IT!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:

He was one of the few who at least tried to score.

The rest of the guys are scared and a cant create their own.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

How many injured players do you want???

Apparently some LGer's want to collect them in bunches.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Scenario:

I believe it is either half his salary or the average salary, whichever is less. So about $1.5 mil.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

for Mitch it's either LeBron James, Melo or D leagers, there's no one in between Lakers were looking to sign. this is his shortcomings, i still can't believe we ended up with basically same team as last year now that Randal's out, so basically we replaced Pau with Boozer, Farmar with Lin. the only net gain is Ed Davis. and we were dreaming about summer of '14 for how long?

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: