What are the remaining goals or objectives for this season? What should Mitch do next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
what can mitch do? resign.....he clearly does not have a clue anymore. this is bad!

Yes, we can't win every year so someone must pay!!!!!!!
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
Jordan Clarkson's game was really bad last night. Don't understand why we let him chuck it so much.

He was one of the few who at least tried to score.

The rest of the guys are scared and a cant create their own.

Other than Clarkson, the bench were scared of being rejected by Dwight. I liked Jordan Clarkson tenacity and confidence to score. He reminds me of how Nick The Quick was minus the handles and huge hands. I hope he continues to get more minutes and develop under Kobe.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
Jordan Clarkson's game was really bad last night. Don't understand why we let him chuck it so much.

Other than Clarkson, the bench were scared of being rejected by Dwight. I liked Jordan Clarkson tenacity and confidence to score. He reminds me of how Nick The Quick was minus the handles and huge hands. I hope he continues to get more minutes and develop under Kobe.

It is like Ireland said today, Clarkson looked like the seasoned vet while Lin looked like the rookie.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:

It is like Ireland said today, Clarkson looked like the seasoned vet while Lin looked like the rookie.

You need to eventually make shots. JC getting green light cause we paid for the draft rights. I like everything about him, except for the fact that he can't make shots. Didn't shoot high percentage in summer pro, shot worse in pre-season. He still has time.. but just don't be Brandon Jennings, those million dollar move, but nickel finish guys.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Will the Lakers throw away the season or will changes come this season?

venturalakersfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
With the Lakers possibly looking at 5-6M exception to use with Randle's medical exception and Nash's DTE we have the option to bring in a really good player.... then we also have Hill to use as a trade chip and if Lin proves not to be a good fit here in L.A. we can potentially use him to bring in a good big-man....

so do people think the Lakers will aim for a high pick this season or will Mitch deliver his promise?

Scenario:

The Lakers declare Randle out for the season and are granted a Disabled Player Exception by the NBA to use on a replacement for him.

What is the limit on the salary that the Lakers can spend on his roster replacement.

I believe it is either half his salary or the average salary, whichever is less. So about $1.5 mil.

I think that his salary is just under $3 million, so you are correct with that part of your answer.

The area around the Non-Taxpayer MLE would be the other relevant limit.

25. What are salary cap exceptions?

Quote:

DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or wavier claim, to replace the disabled player:

The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)4, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.
The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:

You need to eventually make shots. JC getting green light cause we paid for the draft rights. I like everything about him, except for the fact that he can't make shots. Didn't shoot high percentage in summer pro, shot worse in pre-season. He still has time.. but just don't be Brandon Jennings, those million dollar move, but nickel finish guys.

Can he play a second, third and 4th game before we start saying "eventually"?
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:

Didn't see the box score before I posted. I did not realize he only had 4 shots. But the thing that bugs me is that his shooting woes are a continuation of whats been going on over the summer and preseason.

No doubt, his confidence is on fire. I appreciate that. But sometimes I feel that his shooting accuracy is sub-par. His shooting looks very rushed and he does not seem focused on the basket even with finishing in the rim.

He has the POTENTIAL to develop into a great player. The question is whether Jordan Clarkson can improve his work ethic and work on that shot. All I've seen is HYPE. I believe in the kid though and with time he will improve. I just don't think he is ready for the NBA yet. Then again who else will you have playing meaningful minutes on this depleted roster.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

As long as he can continue to get to the line a half dozen times in 20 mpg I have no issues.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

The only thing this team needs is a time machine to take them to 2015, think they can all fit into a Delorean?

This is not Mitch's fault. I blame Stern for vetoing the CP3 trade. After that Mitch had not choice but to either trade away all of our picks for older guys to help Kobe win now or just blow the whole thing up. Kobe still had gas in the tank so he choose to go for broke. Roll the dice and sometimes you get snake eyes.

I still have to think that when the time comes to get a new real franchise player, not Bosh or Mello, I mean a REAL FRANCHISE PLAYER, they will look back at how the Laker family took care of Kobe and gave him some serious retirement $$ in his "golden years". It might help. Showtime will rise again. Hopefully before I have grandkids!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:

Didn't see the box score before I posted. I did not realize he only had 4 shots. But the thing that bugs me is that his shooting woes are a continuation of whats been going on over the summer and preseason.

No doubt, his confidence is on fire. I appreciate that. But sometimes I feel that his shooting accuracy is sub-par. His shooting looks very rushed and he does not seem focused on the basket even with finishing in the rim.

He has the POTENTIAL to develop into a great player. The question is whether Jordan Clarkson can improve his work ethic and work on that shot. All I've seen is HYPE. I believe in the kid though and with time he will improve. I just don't think he is ready for the NBA yet. Then again who else will you have playing meaningful minutes on this depleted roster.

It's kind of funny to me that I'll be going back and forth about guys like Xavier Henry (and others) who have been in the league for 4 years, on a number of teams, with various teammates, under many different head coaches and systems and the responses I get all fall under the category of "potential".

Then I read posts like the above and I sort of scratch my head a bit because after 1 actual NBA game he's not ready for the NBA yet? The most important thing, IMO, for a young guy is to have the right state of mind. If he has that, he'll know how to figure out how he's going to contribute as an NBA player (and you can apply that to almost any profession).

I'm not sure Jordan Clarkson will be a star, but, I feel really confident he'll be able to figure out his niche, identify his strengths and weaknesses, and at worst be a solid role player. That's what I feel some of our other guys (Wes and X in particular), still haven't figured out after 4-5 seasons of NBA ball.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
The Lakers need a new GM. Mitch is done an out of his depth in the new CBA.

WHAT? You said we'd have a better record than the Clippers and to mark your words, remember?

What has changed since that statement to make you do a complete 180?!?

I did say that...but I said that before Nash was out for the season...before Randle was out for the season...before Young was out for 2 months...

If the Clippers lost CP3 and Blake Griffin...it's the same story. Let's get real.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

WHAT? You said we'd have a better record than the Clippers and to mark your words, remember?

I did say that...but I said that before Nash was out for the season...before Randle was out for the season...before Young was out for 2 months...

If the Clippers lost CP3 and Blake Griffin...it's the same story. Let's get real.

That's why you don't say such things, and ask people to mark your words.

BTW, you want to get real and you're saying Nash/Randle = CP3/Griffin?!

That's real talk?

And what does Mitch have anything to do with the injuries? He didn't cause them. Did he?
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
marga86 wrote:
again -

this is where kobe's contract bites us in the butt.

Deserving or not (seems like kobe admitted to being overpaid too), two frachise guys (dirk and duncan) in texas took less to offer more flexibility.

With $16mill we could have a bit more depth.. i guess at the end of the day it doesnt change our championship posibilities.. but who knows. strike a trade here and there and it might.

Either way, lottery team status now.. even with kobe. He is taking a 2005 approach to this season, only difference is now he is 11 years older and cant dunk. Seem like he will get 25ppg on 35% shooting.

Ariza won't be guarding Kobe every night. Give Kobe a few more games...he is looking good out there for his 1st game back.

Wait a minute. I call shenanigans. Didn't you say Kobe wouldn't need any time at all getting "back".

What do you mean give him a few more games?

When did I say that? Can you find that quote where I said Kobe would be mid-season form by game 1 against the Rockets with Ariza guarding him? And it's not like Ariza never got the best of Kobe when Kobe was in his prime. Ariza can get the best out of any of the top players today. Key thing to remember it's just 1 game. I personally thought Kobe played well. People are going to point at the FG%...but as far as movement, lift, form, etc. he looks great.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

There is nothing he can do this year, just get through it and build through the draft.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

That's real talk?

And what does Mitch have anything to do with the injuries? He didn't cause them. Did he?

I never said Mitch was responsible for the injuries. He is responsible for paying Jordan Hill 10 million. I thought we could of signed him for less. And I think Mitch put all his eggs in one basket trying to shoot for Melo or Lebron in the offseason. I knew Lebron wasn't coming here...everybody knew it...but it's Mitch's excuse for not going for any of the 2nd or 3rd tier stars like Lance Stephenson for example. I wanted to go after guys like Lance Stephenson, etc. but Mitch decides to sign Jordan HIll and Young to big contracts instead. He didn't get the job done in the off season, that's the bottom line.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

This current CBA is the worst CBA I have ever seen. It was almost better before free agency.

The media is destroying Kobe and the Lakers. Stern killed any chance of a quick rebuild. The league destroyed the Lakers. You can blame mitch and jim all you want but Lakers have no chance unless they get Durant in 2016.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

That's real talk?

I never said Mitch was responsible for the injuries. He is responsible for paying Jordan Hill 10 million. I thought we could of signed him for less. And I think Mitch put all his eggs in one basket trying to shoot for Melo or Lebron in the offseason. I knew Lebron wasn't coming here...everybody knew it...but it's Mitch's excuse for not going for any of the 2nd or 3rd tier stars like Lance Stephenson for example. I wanted to go after guys like Lance Stephenson, etc. but Mitch decides to sign Jordan HIll and Young to big contracts instead. He didn't get the job done in the off season, that's the bottom line.

So at what point were we going to shock the world? Didn't you say that after all of these moves you speak of had been made?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

There's nothing Mitch can do this season, will be keeping that protected top 5 pick. The only player that can save this franchise from being mediocre the next 5 years is Okafor, he's about the surest thing of being a #1 option that we can get.

Also, if we are in the top 5 we'll have a good chance of getting him because the 76ers and Magic both have Cs. With the Rockets pick draft a wing player. Durant is not coming here, he'll have a chance to play with the best backcourt in Wall and Beal.

We should go after Reggie Jackson next year as a RFA because Lin is not a starter. Then in 2016 with Kobe off the books, when can sign Derozan.

Jackson/Kobe/ Looney/Randle/Okafor

Jackson/Derozan/Looney/Randle/Okafor
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
This current CBA is the worst CBA I have ever seen. It was almost better before free agency.

The media is destroying Kobe and the Lakers. Stern killed any chance of a quick rebuild. The league destroyed the Lakers. You can blame mitch and jim all you want but Lakers have no chance unless they get Durant in 2016.

This is the main issue. Being too focused on big signings and not looking to try to get some decent talent that will eventually attract major talent like Durant. The idea of getting the big name player without having to build a decent team before landing that big player is the major problem.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

That's real talk?

Yeah, losing Randle & Nash is more like the Clips losing JJ Redick & Hedo Turkeyglue
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

This is the main issue. Being too focused on big signings and not looking to try to get some decent talent that will eventually attract major talent like Durant. The idea of getting the big name player without having to build a decent team before landing that big player is the major problem.

i agree. Management is clueless. I like that they are going for Durant, Lebron, etc.

However, they need a plan B. Signing Nick Young and Jordan Hill is like Plan D.

There are 29 other teams going for the same thing as the Lakers. We have a loonng way to go.

Yesterday, the Rockets are a far superior team than the Lakers. The Rockets were in cruise control. Lakers are really bad.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger must enjoy the fact that the Lakers season most likely went down the toilet... this guy just keeps baiting arguments to be proven right every single time.....
traveler
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: question

I read that Byron Scott was adverse to the 3 point shot. Is this true and if so was he adverse to this team or in general?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger must enjoy the fact that the Lakers season most likely went down the toilet... this guy just keeps baiting arguments to be proven right every single time.....

No, I'm sick to my stomach that my #1 priority going in to the season (developing Randle) is already off the table.

But I think it's ridiculous to complain about Mitch because Randle went down. Or to say we're going to start 10-0. Don't you think those are ridiculous things to say?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

The #1 priority coming into the season per Mitch's mouth was that we are expected to contend for a "championship" so if moves are needed for that to happen I'm sure they will look into it....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: