"You're soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Four pages later, and it's clear who the Dwights are and who the Kobes are.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
CLUFan wrote:
Dumb. Kobe was being aggressive in a game where we had no chance. Looked like a fool. Would have made more sense when the game was in reach.

New gens with no heart.

Give the kid a break he is still in junior high.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Define "soft". I just think it was more so plenty of trash talking. I doubt Bean really thinks a dude that lives in the paint, welcomes contact, and defensive player of the year multiple times can be really labeled soft.

Think it may have been blown out of proportion on both sides. I mean while he was here, he played through that bad back and wasn't supposed to suit up until Jamuary/February. That's not soft.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Soft is running to 3 different teams in 3 years, getting your coach fired, while your game is declining in what's supposed to be your peak years, and pointing the finger at everybody around for your troubles except yourself.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Define "soft". I just think it was more so plenty of trash talking. I doubt Bean really thinks a dude that lives in the paint, welcomes contact, and defensive player of the year multiple times can be really labeled soft.

Think it may have been blown out of proportion on both sides. I mean while he was here, he played through that bad back and wasn't supposed to suit up until Jamuary/February. That's not soft.

Mentally.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe meant "mentally soft" because Dwight did not accept the challenges and expectation that come along with being a Laker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Mentally.

If we're talking mentally, I can agree with that. Dude played with the Magic's heart and emotions like a teenage girl.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

James Worthy broke it down nicely last night after the game, he said something to the effect that Dwight is a talented player who acts like he has risen to the highest realm of superstardom and he hasnt even gotten close, he said the thing he is missing is heart,.

The host asked James what would have happened if Dwight walked onto the Showtime Lakers with the attitude he had when he walked on the team a few years ago and James looked at him and said he wouldnt have and if he did would have been gone quickly
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

you are soft
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Love Kobe,

and those words would have meant something, had we not spent the last hour, getting our asses handed to us.

Win, Howard.

Obviously someone hasn't followed D12's career very closely.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Wags_16 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Love Kobe,

and those words would have meant something, had we not spent the last hour, getting our asses handed to us.

Win, Howard.

Obviously someone hasn't followed D12's career very closely.

exactly. I laughed when I read that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I like that fire from Kobe. Way to be lead the team and not back down after getting elbowed to the face. I think other Lakers should have backed him up there, but they were too far away.

The fact that he can't get his free throws up while doing well in practice shows he is mentally weak.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
CLUFan wrote:
Dumb. Kobe was being aggressive in a game where we had no chance. Looked like a fool. Would have made more sense when the game was in reach.

New gens with no heart.

Give the kid a break he is still in junior high.

But go Kingsmen!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

I thought Kobe explained what he meant very well. Dwight is soft when it comes to winning. He is a good player and I am sure wants to win, but wants to do it on his terms. With the Lakers that would be as a supporting role to Kobe. Pau went from being the top option in Memphis to supporting Kobe because he wanted to win titles. Kobe refrained from pushing his own abilities and supported Shaq because he knew that was what it took to win. Dwight won't do that, just the fact that he came here and refused to run the P&R and instead wanted to have a back to the basket game illustrates that softness. He wasn't willing to do what was asked of him in order to win, because it wasn't his way.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

it's all fun... Jeannie called Howard a loser... Kobe called him soft... LOL
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Jeannie said the lakers failed Dwight
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Jeannie said anyone who is afraid to play with Kobe is a loser...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Damn, I have to lose some respect for Jeannie, I thought she said that the Lakers were going to flail Dwight.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

-Showtime- wrote:
I like that fire from Kobe. Way to be lead the team and not back down after getting elbowed to the face. I think other Lakers should have backed him up there, but they were too far away.

The fact that he can't get his free throws up while doing well in practice shows he is mentally weak.

Davis went to back up Kobe
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/OMplOuhEzVP

Someone in the front row got Kobe talking (bleep) to Dwight lol
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Sure he does. In Kobe's World, it'a about will to dominate. Kobe has it and D12 certainly does not. And when Kobe took that rebound out of D12's hands in the last minute of game 5 2009, it proved to him that D12 absolutely is soft.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

-Showtime- wrote:

And THAT's why I HATE floppers. I wouldn't want CP3 or any other flopper on my team, even if it meant winning a chip. No chip is worth your self respect.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

One thing I want to say ... I know I harp on Kobe a lot, but that "wont back down" mentality is a dying state of mind. I couldn't see Lebron or any of the new school guys responding in that way and I think that is a shame.

At the same time, I don't know how you guys felt, but, that whole incident made me feel bad for Kobe more than anything. Perhaps it was because Julius had gone down, but I also think it was a combination of the fact that Kobe's days are clearly numbered, he's on a team that is just going to have a tough time competing on a night to night basis.

I appreciate his toughness, but, I was also saddened by the fact that there was a time when Kobe could back up his toughness on the court, but the combination of his age/mileage/injury and a poor supporting cast, makes it almost impossible for him to do anymore.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
One thing I want to say ... I know I harp on Kobe a lot, but that "wont back down" mentality is a dying state of mind. I couldn't see Lebron or any of the new school guys responding in that way and I think that is a shame.

At the same time, I don't know how you guys felt, but, that whole incident made me feel bad for Kobe more than anything. Perhaps it was because Julius had gone down, but I also think it was a combination of the fact that Kobe's days are clearly numbered, he's on a team that is just going to have a tough time competing on a night to night basis.

I appreciate his toughness, but, I was also saddened by the fact that there was a time when Kobe could back up his toughness on the court, but the combination of his age/mileage/injury and a poor supporting cast, makes it almost impossible for him to do anymore.

Westbrook, that's about it as I see it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: