"You're soft"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Eddie Jones was a secondary guy. Shaq came to play with Eddie, NVE and LA. If LA's team sucked bad with a 40 year old Magic, who still wanted to be the MAN on the team, do you think Shaq signs in 96?

The point isn't if Howard is a #1, 2 or 3. I don't even care if all he is a player who can have Chris Bosh 3rd best player impact. The point is Howard is an established all-star in prime, with prime years ahead. These are the sort of players that lure in more talent Via FA.

If Lakers want to succeed via FA, they have to detach themselves from Kobe and bring in a younger all-star who can lure in the other big fish. Its not about Kobe's personality, it's age. You would have seen the same thing with MJ/Washington if they had capspace back then as well.

Actually, from what I remember at the time, yes. I remember that Shaq wanted to be the next great Laker big man. They didn't have the pieces immediately to contend, but I think he knew West would get them there. And the Lakers tried keeping Howard, so they did see value in keeping him. I disagreed, but then again, I am not running the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: