View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Freelancing

catman2u wrote:
brunel wrote:
autoprt wrote:
i looked at the stat line compared to suns.. kobe is only one that really scored, davis got his but that is considered gravy. we were hoping lin to become the 2nd scorer and get about 15-18 a game which isn't impossible but at this rate i don't see it. boozer can't do it. we just don't have the scorers at this point. i think management is just ready to tie up the driver and let the bus run off the cliff at this point.

I'm watching Lin and he thinks they're actually running some actually sets out there. He's gotta take Kobe's lead and start freelancing. Though, that turned kind of ugly last night ...

Kobe's freelancing last night was holding the ball too long and/r mid- to long-range fallaway jumpers. A terrible strategy. Scott, the team has to try some offensive sets in which the ball moves around the perimeter.

I Really think that Kobe thinks that it is the only option as no one is moving like they should. even Lin was a bit frustrated that no one is moving according to the plays called.

Thats why Kobe told lin to Lead the offense.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Freelancing

MorlockO wrote:
catman2u wrote:
brunel wrote:
autoprt wrote:
i looked at the stat line compared to suns.. kobe is only one that really scored, davis got his but that is considered gravy. we were hoping lin to become the 2nd scorer and get about 15-18 a game which isn't impossible but at this rate i don't see it. boozer can't do it. we just don't have the scorers at this point. i think management is just ready to tie up the driver and let the bus run off the cliff at this point.

I'm watching Lin and he thinks they're actually running some actually sets out there. He's gotta take Kobe's lead and start freelancing. Though, that turned kind of ugly last night ...

Kobe's freelancing last night was holding the ball too long and/r mid- to long-range fallaway jumpers. A terrible strategy. Scott, the team has to try some offensive sets in which the ball moves around the perimeter.

I Really think that Kobe thinks that it is the only option as no one is moving like they should. even Lin was a bit frustrated that no one is moving according to the plays called.

Thats why Kobe told lin to Lead the offense.

I think you are correct. It's very frustrating to watch. We know Lin is at the least good at getting to the basket but there's nothing there. He needs some opening, maybe a pick. Instead of a pick he sometimes has to dribble around two defenders then to meet a rim protector. Kobe will not even try to get to the basket and instead do his patented turnaroiund fallaway. I can't help but think the coach need to do something.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject:

Is this what this board has been reduced to ? Kobe doing everything possible to lead the team while Lin Boozer and Johnson stand around watch and fumble great passes and it is Kobe's fault for not letting Lin who looks like a scared rookie out there do his thing ?? Ok lol if you are a Lin fan that is cool and welcome but dont be delusional
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject:

i think Lin is intimidated starting with Kobe. he looked lost and was deferring too much. and the bench is not helping at all. Lin should be 6th man again along with Davis. we need a starting PG, i'm thinking Kobe as PG and Wayne Ellington as SG until Nick Young comes back.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:
i think Lin is intimidated starting with Kobe. he looked lost and was deferring too much. and the bench is not helping at all. Lin should be 6th man again along with Davis. we need a starting PG, i'm thinking Kobe as PG and Wayne Ellington as SG until Nick Young comes back.

Kobe as PG? I doubt it. Who is he passing to? The guys dropping passes and missing easy bunnies? He's in full gun mode and I doubt we see him shooting less than 22-25 shots a game this year (if healthy).
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:

I was with you till the bolded part right there. Do you forget what happened to Kobe when MDA had him play PG?
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:

Lin isn't really scared, he's thinking too much. He just needs to play his game and get his swag back. Aggression doesn't mean just driving to the hoop sometimes. It's all between his ears, he's shown what he can do. He just needs to play his game.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:

Lin needs to put on his big boy pants and learn how to make a mark on the game regardless of who he's playing with. The Lakers need his scoring and distributing. He needs to toughen up, play smarter, and stop sucking.

Kobe's not used to babysitting and, try as he might, he's just not cut out for it. Kobe's seriously going to have an aneurism this year.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject:

What was the lineup that was on the floor when we had that run in the second quarter?

Boozer and Wesley sitting?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Lakerbull wrote:

Lin isn't really scared, he's thinking too much. He just needs to play his game and get his swag back. Aggression doesn't mean just driving to the hoop sometimes. It's all between his ears, he's shown what he can do. He just needs to play his game.

No movement from our front court. When Jordan, Carlos and Wes shoot nothing but jumpers it's gonna be hard to create anything as a point guard. Shoot Magic Johnson wouldn't be able too get those guys going if all they continue to do is stand near the basket waiting for rebounds and put backs.

No movement leads to isolating kobe only offense. Where teams will continue to double and triple team him all game.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

Missed the 2nd half.

Can someone summarize what happened in the 3rd that blew the game open?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

hopandskip wrote:
Missed the 2nd half.

boozer and lin had like 5 turnovers in 3rd qtr no defensive rotations on 3 pters and Phoenix didnt miss
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

From what I saw in the first half, Kobe was his 2001 Finals self - vast array of moves to drive/fade/get shots up, just without the dunking. He also didn't pass to anyone else unless they were in front of him and had a wide open shot - which is fine. Watching Kobe go 1 on 5 is actually very entertaining.
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
hopandskip wrote:
Missed the 2nd half.

boozer and lin had like 5 turnovers in 3rd qtr no defensive rotations on 3 pters and Phoenix didnt miss

Thanks.

It's like Boozer has cement boots on, blinders, and wearing oven kits. It's a struggle to watch him move laterally. I hope he can get his head in the game.

Lin might be better coming off the bench when Kobe sits. That way he can get his head mentally around what's happening in the game and not have to adjust on the fly. And when Kobe sits, Lin can direct the offense. Worked in preseason.

Last edited by hopandskip on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

I like what I saw of Hill and Davis playing together - something we didn't see preseason.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

hopandskip wrote:
I like what I saw of Hill and Davis playing together - something we didn't see preseason.

I am glad Hill worked on his game and has a useable 20 ft jump shot BUT he need to be a roller to the hoop especially since all Boozer does is pop off the pick for the jumpshot

one big problem so far for Lakers is they are getting in bonus early only to squander it by not atatcking the hole and at least getting ft's
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

The BOozer/Hill front court does NOT work. You need Hill/Davis or Boozer/Davis. It's sad that Sacre sucks so much, because we could have a F/C duo to put out there, each bringing something different. Boozer missing point blank layups and yelling every time he scores!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

Well, in game one most the problems we all forecasted for the season were demonstrated.

- Lin's ability to lead a weak team is questionable, but it's early.

- A roster built containing an entire front court rotation of second string and third string quality players rarely will contend as a positive force.

- Kobe Bryant still finds ways to score, and yet we can't imagine how he could be expected to carry a team so depleted as this. This is a long season. With Kobe's wear-and-tear, I fear for CBS's gradual regression towards continual overruse of KB24, in ways that Tommy Lasorda burned up Fernando Valenzuela. It's called managing by desperation.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: coaching

70sdude wrote:
Well, in game one most the problems we all forecasted for the season were demonstrated.

- Lin's ability to lead a weak team is questionable, but it's early.

- A roster built containing an entire front court rotation of second string and third string quality players rarely will contend as a positive force.

- Kobe Bryant still finds ways to score, and yet we can't imagine how he could be expected to carry a team so depleted as this. This is a long season. With Kobe's wear-and-tear, I fear for CBS's gradual regression towards continual overruse of KB24, in ways that Tommy Lasorda burned up Fernando Valenzuela. It's called managing by desperation.

The team D is terrible. The only reason phoenix didn't score 140 points is because the lakers wasted 22-24 seconds so often. The offense is stagnant, no movement.
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
hopandskip wrote:
Missed the 2nd half.

I don't think Lin's TOs happened in the 3rd.
KOBEDAGREAT
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

lin needs to start playing on instinct again and not think to much. what happened to the lin who scored 19 on them in the preseason? hes deferring to much to kobe. and frontcourt needs to move and get spacing for the team...

hard to watch the game last night. please put davis in as starter. at least we know the Lin/Davis bread and butter will work. He has more energy and work ethic than hill. its his time to shine.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject:

This team is so bad I haven't bothered to watch the 4th quarter of either game. It's tough to even care right now. I knew this in the summer that Mitch & Jim basically flushed the season when they gave Hill 10 mil (with an option) and brought back the guys off of last years team that NOBODY wanted.

Team is awful awful awful....only hope we had was watching Randle develop. Now we don't have that. This is just cruel at this point.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
The BOozer/Hill front court does NOT work. You need Hill/Davis or Boozer/Davis. It's sad that Sacre sucks so much, because we could have a F/C duo to put out there, each bringing something different. Boozer missing point blank layups and yelling every time he scores!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR

Yep. I'm leaning towards Davis and Boozer to start. The bonus of that means Lin and Davis will play with each other for the majority of the game. Lin/Davis can run some PNR which should help open open Lin up for the 3 ball on top of the key, and other guys as the defense collapses on Davis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: