I'm over the Dwight thing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: I'm over the Dwight thing

I didn't see anything bad about last night's playwith Dwight and Kobe. Dwight was performing a basketball move that's been performed hundreds of times before. He wasn't elbowing anyone. Kobe was in his clearing space. Kobe is a vet, he knows better. He may have even planned that whole thing out.

Dwight came to LA and it didn't work out. He was injured, so he wasn't at his best. He moved on to a better team and a better situation...who wouldn't? I don't blame him for that. He's never really trashed talked anyone on the Lakers, or the Laker franchise, or the city of LA. He's not an antagonizer type, like Paul Pierce. whom I can't stand. He wants to move on, not hang out and talk trash. He could have easily talked trash about the Lakers, coming off our worst seasons ever and really not doing well now. But he didn't and doesn't. I respect him for that.

I use to hate Dwight until I realized I didn't know why I was actually hating him. Kobe, whom I respect as a player, has offended me more as a Laker fan than Dwight ever has. The Lakers are looking bad now. Kobe needs to concentrate on his own team and not trash talk. When you're at the bottom, trash talking comes across only as whining, and the Lakers are better than that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: I'm over the Dwight thing

troy wrote:
I didn't see anything bad about last night's playwith Dwight and Kobe. Dwight was performing a basketball move that's been performed hundreds of times before. He wasn't elbowing anyone. Kobe was in his clearing space. Kobe is a vet, he knows better. He may have even planned that whole thing out.

Dwight came to LA and it didn't work out. He was injured, so he wasn't at his best. He moved on to a better team and a better situation...who wouldn't? I don't blame him for that. He's never really trashed talked anyone on the Lakers, or the Laker franchise, or the city of LA. He's not an antagonizer type, like Paul Pierce. whom I can't stand. He wants to move on, not hang out and talk trash. He could have easily talked trash about the Lakers, coming off our worst seasons ever and really not doing well now. But he didn't and doesn't. I respect him for that.

I use to hate Dwight until I realized I didn't know why I was actually hating him. Kobe, whom I respect as a player, has offended me more as a Laker fan than Dwight ever has. The Lakers are looking bad now. Kobe needs to concentrate on his own team and not trash talk. When you're at the bottom, trash talking comes across only as whining, and the Lakers are better than that.

No one but Kobe. As for Dwight, dude is a fake, I never wanted him here and was glad when he left. So I am happy he is a Rocket.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

You're so over it that you created a new thread about it. Cool story bro
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

LET IT GO.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Yeah, dude. It's called expressing my opinion. This board is full of that sort of thing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see anything that bad either. It is getting overblown.

Seriously. Just two players that don't like each other squared off and were talking trash. Makes me wonder if we as fans or the media are so used to the "New NBA" where everyone is a showman instead of a competitor. Just not used to teams or players not liking each other and it shows in a game.

I do disagree with your opinion of the intent of the elbow. IMO Howard knew exactly where that elbow was going. Go watch one of the slo-mo replays. As he turns he looks at Kobe and the arc of the arm swing lowers. No big deal. But man up and admit it.

And Kobe was correct in his comments about Howard. He is soft. Not exactly an isolated opinion about him.

How many times have you heard Shaq imploring him to "act like a big man" Or Charles, Reggie or other ex-players on the telecasts make similar comments questioning Howard's antics or motivation to win.

Kobe's comments did not come out of thin air.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, dude. It's called expressing my opinion. This board is full of that sort of thing.

It sure is and it's no crime.

It's just hilarious when you contradict yourself. So by all means tell us how much you're "over it" with another post on a topic that already has several places where it's being discussed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm over the Dwight thing

venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:

No one but Kobe. As for Dwight, dude is a fake, I never wanted him here and was glad when he left. So I am happy he is a Rocket.

I'm with you VLF. Could not stand that clown in Orlando and after his pathetic display under the bright lights and the way he handled himself, good riddance. Dude is just a fraud in every way
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Soft.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Realized yesterday that a lot of my vitriol for Dwight is gone. He did what was best for him and has been nothing but cordial when speaking about the Lakers since his decision. Yeah, he dipped out of LA, but it's kind of hard to blame him considering the severity of Kobe's injuries and the roster we had around him. It's in the past as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, he was making a normal basketball play. 99% of the league would have done the same thing when they got a guy trying to steal the ball after a rebound. It's what you're taught to do as a matter of fact.

Last edited by AY2043 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kobe offended you more as a Laker fan than Dwight? What does that even mean?

People have disliked Dwight prior to joining the Lakers because of antics like

We dislike Dwight because of

We continue to jump on Dwight because of funny things like
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Only a few is over it. Always look out for number one; and if that means ignoring #stay signs and signing with Houston, then so be it.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I hated Dwight for a while as well, but my feelings towards him have subsided. I hated him for leaving the Lakers, but honestly, who can blame him? It should be obvious to everyone by now that he made the right choice. He has a much better opportunity to win in Houston than he does had he resigned with us. He'd be playing alongside an over the hill Kobe, who he never got along with. Nash would've been injured. This roster with Dwight would've been a bottom dwelling playoff team and first round exit for the forseeable future anyways. He took a paycut leaving the Lakers to go to Houston for a better opportunity to win. Staying would've made him miserable, the only reason he had to stay was the "brand" of Laker basketball, and having the opportunity to play for such a storied franchise. But seeing the decisions the management has made (hiring D'Antoni over Phil Jackson when everybody including Dwight wanted Phil), how can you blame him for leaving? He was a star free agent in his prime, and instead of catering towards him, even though he had the option of leaving in a couple of months, the management decided to hire a coach to optimize the skills of their 40 year old point guard, who has played in what, a total of 10 games in the past 3 years? It was a complete slap in the face to face to Dwight, and even Jeanie Buss admitted that on First Take. This franchise has been a complete joke for the past 4 years and Dwight would have been an idiot to stay.

Say what you want about the Rockets, I don't think they going to win a championship anytime soon, but they sure as hell have a better opportunity of doing damage in the playoffs than Dwight/current Kobe and a roster full of scrubs.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I hear you, man. I am extremely hyper-sensitive and the Dwight Howard thing left me pretty butt-hurt. I don't really care anymore, though.

#stayinhoustondwight
bmcstreet
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad we didn't up with him as a pillar for the future, that's why I don't understand the energy wasted in his direction. #LetItGo
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject:

bmcstreet wrote:
I'm glad we didn't up with him as a pillar for the future, that's why I don't understand the energy wasted in his direction. #LetItGo

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I was never stoked on Dwight so whatever on that but I'm with you on being over it. I was surprised people were still in full Boooo mode at the game. I got that out of my system last season. I'm ready to focus on the Lakers.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I was happy when we didnt sign him. Him re-signing with the team would mean at least 4 more years of no shot at a title. At lest with Kobe he has 2 years. Howard on the Lakers would have just been prolonging the suck.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

You know what? I actually don't care about a lot of things... Let me go ahead and create threads for all of those things that I apparently don't care about.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

bmcstreet wrote:

The Lakers dodged a bullet.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

He was only here one year and he had an option to leave, wasn't a big concern for me. I will never forget about Stern vetoing the CP3 trade, that's the reason were in this position now.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm over the Dwight thing

troy wrote:

Clearly you DO care . . . and more about Dwight than the guy who has done TONS for the team you say you're a fan of.

Kobe did nothing to make himself or the the Lakers look bad. He played defense and ended up drawing a foul on Howard and they BOTH started jawing.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Realized yesterday that a lot of my vitriol for Dwight is gone. He did what was best for him and has been nothing but cordial when speaking about the Lakers since his decision. Yeah, he dipped out of LA, but it's kind of hard to blame him considering the severity of Kobe's injuries and the roster we had around him. It's in the past as far as I'm concerned.

And for the record, he was making a normal basketball play. 99% of the league would have done the same thing when they got a guy trying to steal the ball after a rebound. It's what you're taught to do as a matter of fact.

OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if the front office actually has a strategy to fan the Dwight Howard hatred flames in hopes that it will keep the fans distracted from the real problems.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the front office actually has a strategy to fan the Dwight Howard hatred flames in hopes that it will keep the fans distracted from the real problems.

Genius
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: