*** 2014-15 General NBA Game Discussion Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Harden over 10 free throw attempts a game?!

150+ more free throws than the 2nd place man in total free throws this season (Westbrook).
Effing ridiculous.

Lousy analysis, and that's being kind. Yeah. Harden gets to the line a ton. But you picked the wrong guy to compare him to to complain about Harden's total FT attempts.

Guess who else got to the line at a high clip this year? Westbrook.

RW only played in 67 games this year and averaged 9.8 FT attempts per game.

Harden played in 81 games and averaged 10.2 FT attempts per game.

The math isn't that difficult to comprehend. Or, it perhaps, apparently is. Play in 14 more games, and, yeah, you're going to have more FT attempts overall.

Westbrook had 654 FT attempts during the season. At his clip, and if he had played 81 games as Harden did, RW would've had about 794 attempts.

Harden had 824 attempts.

To help you out, that's a mere difference of 30 attempts, or stated differently, a mere difference of .37 FT attempts per game over the course of 82 games.

Effing ridiculous indeed.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject:

You don't have to be super skilled to get to the line. Just ask Corey Maggette.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Murdock wrote:
I really don't see anyone beating Cleveland. They are just that much better than everyone else.

The Warriors say hi. Unless you're only talking about the East, and even then the Hawks will have a word on the matter

I can see Cleveland winning also ...... clearly the easier road. will probably have more in the tank than whoever is coming out of the west.

They won't have an easy road at all.

Chicago if healthy if fully capable of beating them. They can pound them inside with Noah, Pau, and Gibson. Rose is he plays like he did last night would be the second best player in the series and Butler can go toe to toe with James.

Atlanta has clearly been the best team in the East all season long. Not just the ball movement, but their overall depth is terrific. They don't have a star persay, but they have four All Star caliber players. Teague, Korver, Milsap, and Horford.

Basing an opinion off this game doesn't make sense to me. The Celtics are a mediocre team without any size or depth or shot creators. The Cavs should be able to handle them.

You could argue Cleveland has a tougher road to the Finals then the Warriors. After they dispatch New Orleans they're looking at likely either Memphis or Portland in the second round. Two beat up teams who've struggled in the second half of the season. With their injuries neither team have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Dubs. The Spurs may provide a challenge, but they'll have two win two series without HCA just to make the West Finals and even if they do odds are they won't have much gas left in the tank to win a third series on the road against the best team in basketball.

Vegas is usually on point with their selections ...... you see how the Dubs had to work even when getting up 20. And this is Atlanta. When you really need a basket in crunch time, I think I'll trust Irving and James before the Hawk 4. I think the big difference is the Cavs have a player who know how to get to the finals. The Bulls? Pau. Hawks? The think that the Eastern Conference is a yellow brick road to the finals for Cleveland. It would be a major fail if they don't get there.

I wouldn't read to much into the Dubs having to work hard after being down 20. We also did that a lot in our last two championship runs and still ended up getting to the Finals. When you're more talented than everyone else you can't help, but get complacent.

As for the Hawks yes they don't have a traditional go to guy, but they do have an outstanding offense system that creates quality looks for them. That's why they've been able to win a number of close games. Unlike the Cavs they don't get predictable by isolating. They still keep doing what they do all game which is move the ball side to side and they have knock down shooters to spread the court like Korver, Carroll, and even Milsap is capable of knocking down three point shots.

I think you're creating underestimating Chicago. Back in 2011 when Rose was MVP they made it to the ECF with far less talent than they have now. Pau is still one of the most skilled bigs in the league and a big upgrade over Boozer. Unlike back then they have a legit perimeter scorer to take pressure off Rose in Butler they have a solid bench as well with the likes of Brooks, Mirotic, Gibson, and Snell. They have more depth than the Cavaliers and with Rose back and Butler playing like he has they have the perimeter play to match LeBron and Irving.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
kikanga wrote:

150+ more free throws than the 2nd place man in total free throws this season (Westbrook).
Effing ridiculous.

Lousy analysis, and that's being kind. Yeah. Harden gets to the line a ton. But you picked the wrong guy to compare him to to complain about Harden's total FT attempts.

The math isn't that difficult to comprehend. Or, it perhaps, apparently is. Play in 14 more games, and, yeah, you're going to have more FT attempts overall.

Westbrook had 654 FT attempts during the season. At his clip, and if he had played 81 games as Harden did, RW would've had about 794 attempts.

Harden had 824 attempts.

To help you out, that's a mere difference of 30 attempts, or stated differently, a mere difference of .37 FT attempts per game over the course of 82 games.

love your name "Lowest Merion", very clever
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Effing ridiculous.

Harden had 824 attempts.

Harden is the NBA's golden boy right now. Ala Wade in 2006.

It benefits the NBA greatly for Houston to make it deep in the playoffs. Imagine how much $$ the NBA would make in China (Jersey sales, ratings, etc) if the Rockets make it to the finals.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Murdock wrote:
I really don't see anyone beating Cleveland. They are just that much better than everyone else.

The Warriors say hi. Unless you're only talking about the East, and even then the Hawks will have a word on the matter

Lets see a jump shooting team win a ring. When was the last time that happened? Maybe Dallas in 2011? But I wouldn't really call them a pure jump shooting team like GS is.

I'd take Cle over GS.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Lets see a jump shooting team win a ring. When was the last time that happened? Maybe Dallas in 2011? But I wouldn't really call them a pure jump shooting team like GS is.

I'd take Cle over GS.

They aren't just a jump shooting team. They have the best defense in the NBA.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Jut imagine, San Fran holding two titles ..... L.A.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LeBron doing work on the C's
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Murdock wrote:

I can see Cleveland winning also ...... clearly the easier road. will probably have more in the tank than whoever is coming out of the west.

They won't have an easy road at all.

Chicago if healthy if fully capable of beating them. They can pound them inside with Noah, Pau, and Gibson. Rose is he plays like he did last night would be the second best player in the series and Butler can go toe to toe with James.

Atlanta has clearly been the best team in the East all season long. Not just the ball movement, but their overall depth is terrific. They don't have a star persay, but they have four All Star caliber players. Teague, Korver, Milsap, and Horford.

Basing an opinion off this game doesn't make sense to me. The Celtics are a mediocre team without any size or depth or shot creators. The Cavs should be able to handle them.

You could argue Cleveland has a tougher road to the Finals then the Warriors. After they dispatch New Orleans they're looking at likely either Memphis or Portland in the second round. Two beat up teams who've struggled in the second half of the season. With their injuries neither team have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Dubs. The Spurs may provide a challenge, but they'll have two win two series without HCA just to make the West Finals and even if they do odds are they won't have much gas left in the tank to win a third series on the road against the best team in basketball.

Vegas is usually on point with their selections ...... you see how the Dubs had to work even when getting up 20. And this is Atlanta. When you really need a basket in crunch time, I think I'll trust Irving and James before the Hawk 4. I think the big difference is the Cavs have a player who know how to get to the finals. The Bulls? Pau. Hawks? The think that the Eastern Conference is a yellow brick road to the finals for Cleveland. It would be a major fail if they don't get there.

I wouldn't read to much into the Dubs having to work hard after being down 20. We also did that a lot in our last two championship runs and still ended up getting to the Finals. When you're more talented than everyone else you can't help, but get complacent.

As for the Hawks yes they don't have a traditional go to guy, but they do have an outstanding offense system that creates quality looks for them. That's why they've been able to win a number of close games. Unlike the Cavs they don't get predictable by isolating. They still keep doing what they do all game which is move the ball side to side and they have knock down shooters to spread the court like Korver, Carroll, and even Milsap is capable of knocking down three point shots.

I think you're creating underestimating Chicago. Back in 2011 when Rose was MVP they made it to the ECF with far less talent than they have now. Pau is still one of the most skilled bigs in the league and a big upgrade over Boozer. Unlike back then they have a legit perimeter scorer to take pressure off Rose in Butler they have a solid bench as well with the likes of Brooks, Mirotic, Gibson, and Snell. They have more depth than the Cavaliers and with Rose back and Butler playing like he has they have the perimeter play to match LeBron and Irving.

I just use the eye test ..... Bulls haven't been healthy and even though they are getting their health back, they still look off. In crunch time, Cavs have two decent closers, just don't see that on the Bulls or Hawks until Rose get back to MVP form.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

C's won't go away but just can't get over the hump .....
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Asik is terrible. Dude is a goose egg in this series for impact. None.

Pels would be up 20 with him out of the game.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Lebron with a vicious block on Evan Turner. Just son'd him.

https://vine.co/v/ea9utjnYJX7
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lebron with a vicious block on Evan Turner. Just son'd him.

https://vine.co/v/ea9utjnYJX7

No call on JR Smith riding him to the basket the whole way...
g3rb3r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Curry is a monster. That shot was insanely though.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

that last 30 seconds might have been close to the worst sequences of coaching i've seen, 4 bad decisions in a row
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

New Orleans just had their nuts ripped off ....... literally
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

damn ........ Birds aren't going down ...... getting killed on the boards though
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Draymon Green with the defensive flop of the year.

(bleep) this kind of crap. So sick of it.

What a scumbag.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

Wasn't even the best of the game

https://vine.co/v/ea9F3wgnH5I
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

Basic swing through and way too many guys are flopping on that play. It's one thing to accentuate contact but this is out of control.

The worse part on Draymond's was him acting like he was shaking off a vicious blow. This really has to stop.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

Basic swing through and way too many guys are flopping on that play. It's one thing to accentuate contact but this is out of control.

The worse part on Draymond's was him acting like he was shaking off a vicious blow. This really has to stop.

The Harrison Barnes flop was pretty disgraceful, but the fact of Green doing it, too ... well, that's another mark of confirmation against him, in my book, at least. I cannot imagine any scenario where Kawhi would pull that ish ...

I get the if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' ethos ... I really do ... but c'mon, man! The association should fine Harrison Barnes $25K for that nonsense and Green $10K for his act ... those are not really meaningful numbers for these guys, but still ... what will it take for them to knock this ish off?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

The Harrison Barnes flop was pretty disgraceful, but the fact of Green doing it, too ... well, that's another mark of confirmation against him, in my book, at least. I cannot imagine any scenario where Kawhi would pull that ish ...

I get the if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' ethos ... I really do ... but c'mon, man! The association should fine Harrison Barnes $25K for that nonsense and Green $10K for his act ... those are not really meaningful numbers for these guys, but still ... what will it take for them to knock this ish off?

I can't blame them though if the ref's are being baited into it.

Honestly, I think Kerr probably has them do it. I distinctly remember him making observations as to this sort of thing in terms of what fouls the refs often miss while doing TNT games in the past. He's a smart guy that one and the Warriors weren't playing defense for dick last couple of years. Whatever works I suppose. Thibodeau built a defense off of commiting fouls that refs rarely call. Fall over and flop enough times and they'll blow the whistle on a few of them. Play grab ass foul defense enough times and they eventually stop blowing the whistle.

It's brilliant.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

I can't blame them though if the ref's are being baited into it.

Honestly, I think Kerr probably has them do it. I distinctly remember him making observations as to this sort of thing in terms of what fouls the refs often miss while doing TNT games in the past. He's a smart guy that one and the Warriors weren't playing defense for dick last couple of years. Whatever works I suppose.

Yeah, Kerr may be coaching to the limits of what he expects from the officiating (which is a defensible approach, but as you point out, it's really on the association and the officials to enforce the rule) ... off topic a bit, I used to run into Kerr occasionally down here in SD over the past few years. I found him to be a pretty intellectually curious guy and also a bit mischievous at times, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to find him working on the the edge of the rules during his coaching career ...

Golden State looks solid ...
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Telleris wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

What a scumbag.

Allowing the replay center to overturn a flop, no post game punishment besides a suspension will ever achieve anything
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 52 of 58
Jump to: