*** 2014-15 General NBA Game Discussion Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Memphis ends GSW's 16 game winning streak..

Grizz now 12-1 @ home.

So far, only the second team in the NBA w/ at least 20 wins.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

NY Knicks fans turning on Fisher. Fortunately, he only needs 17 more wins to tie Larry Brown's 23-59.

Doesn't look like he'll get there by season's end. If he's let go, the Knicks and Fish will probably find a way to work a settlement on the rest of the $20million dollars.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:

Grizz now 12-1 @ home.

The reward for a 16 game winning streak at the beginning of the season is a 1 game lead

The western conference folks
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Curry has gone cold from three recently. I think he's only had one good shooting game from that distance over the last couple of weeks.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
NY Knicks fans turning on Fisher. Fortunately, he only needs 17 more wins to tie Larry Brown's 23-59.

Doesn't look like he'll get there by season's end. If he's let go, the Knicks and Fish will probably find a way to work a settlement on the rest of the $20million dollars.

If they fire him, you have to wonder about Phil's tenure at the Knicks....DFish was his boy, his coaching hire.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Warriors are damn good. Curry stunk it up, and the Grizzs got the non travel call and two technicals, and the Warriors were still right there. On top of not having their bigs.

I understand humans make mistakes, but incompetence is another thing. What is the reason for having 6 eyeballs out there if you cannot call a blatant travel? In this day an age, why aren't they taking advantage of technology? There should be a VIDEO MONITOR committee that can over-rule blatant calls. Not calls that are left for interpretation like what's a foul and what's not, we can still leave that to the refs. But for things like blatant travels, double dribbles, foot on the line, etc. They can interject and make the right call. It's ridiculously backwards when the commentators and fans at home can see the right call, but the refs on the floor can't do anything about it even if they know they missed it.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I don't understand the Marc Gasol hype. Can someone re-freshen me the circumstances in Memphis when they GAVE UP on Pau? Gasol hadn't turned 28 yet when he was traded to the Lakers for a bag of chips, and he was putting up better numbers and was obviously offensively superior to what Marc is displaying now. Yet, indications are that the Grizzlies will give the max to Marc who is turning 30 next season and, for a 7'1 guy, has averaged a tick under 8 rebounds his whole career.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
K2 wrote:

Grizz now 12-1 @ home.

The reward for a 16 game winning streak at the beginning of the season is a 1 game lead

And possibly a first round date with OKC. LOL!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BTW, I don't understand the Marc Gasol hype. Can someone re-freshen me the circumstances in Memphis when they GAVE UP on Pau? Gasol hadn't turned 28 yet when he was traded to the Lakers for a bag of chips, and he was putting up better numbers and was obviously offensively superior to what Marc is displaying now. Yet, indications are that the Grizzlies will give the max to Marc who is turning 30 next season and, for a 7'1 guy, has averaged a tick under 8 rebounds his whole career.

The team wasn't going anywhere, and Pau was making a mint. Pau was basically their only really good player at the time (seriously, the best player those Grizzlies teams had besides Pau was Mike Miller, it was actually remarkable they were as good as they were). They wanted to reset the franchise and get cap space and cheap prospects with potential to build for the future. The team now has a lot more talent, and Marc is a key cog.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

they were also tanking, they had 3 top 4 picks in a row (pity the only one that was any good was already there at the time of the trade), they traded kevin love and a draft pick for oj mayo, then selected hasheem thabeet ahead of james harden (and steph curry).

A lot of that trade though was the lakers had the biggest expirings, back then expirings mattered a lot.
chickensandwich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Warriors are damn good. Curry stunk it up, and the Grizzs got the non travel call and two technicals, and the Warriors were still right there. On top of not having their bigs.

I understand humans make mistakes, but incompetence is another thing. What is the reason for having 6 eyeballs out there if you cannot call a blatant travel? In this day an age, why aren't they taking advantage of technology? There should be a VIDEO MONITOR committee that can over-rule blatant calls. Not calls that are left for interpretation like what's a foul and what's not, we can still leave that to the refs. But for things like blatant travels, double dribbles, foot on the line, etc. They can interject and make the right call. It's ridiculously backwards when the commentators and fans at home can see the right call, but the refs on the floor can't do anything about it even if they know they missed it.

yeah, even though the warriors lost this game, all it really did was convince me further that the warriors are spectacular this year. a cold shooting night, no bigs vs possibly the best front court (i love green and he did his best, but him vs marc is no contest) and on the road with some questionable calls, and at the end of the game when it mattered they were still within 2-4. with bogut and health, i'd love to see how far they can get in the playoffs for a team that got bounced early last year.
chickensandwich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
K2 wrote:

Grizz now 12-1 @ home.

and a .700+ team that won't have home court at any point in the post season at this rate. i know it'll change up a bit as the west plays each other more, but jeez. and okc seems poised to take the 8th seed (barring a major collapse or injury, i can't see any of the top 7 falling far enough to make up for the 5 game differential). i'm honestly not sure if any of the eastern teams would be in the playoffs if they were transplanted and had to play a western conference schedule, and certainly they wouldn't be in the top 4-5.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Telleris wrote:
K2 wrote:

Grizz now 12-1 @ home.

And possibly a first round date with OKC. LOL!

Being atop the Western Conference is the gift that keeps on giving, Steve will be going grey sooner rather than later.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
K2 wrote:

If they fire him, you have to wonder about Phil's tenure at the Knicks....DFish was his boy, his coaching hire.

Phil has 4 years $48million left on his contract after this year, it might be hard to swallow even for Dolan's dollars if it reaches that point.

Suppose Phil does get the boot, he'll have LarryBrown'd the Knicks. IIRC, Larry Brown's entire contract was somewhere around $60million for 5 years. The 4 years left on his contract was settled for $18.5 million and this was after he received nearly $11.5million for a 23 win season. So $30million for a year of work. Not too shabby Larry.

The Knicks ATM might be churning out cash before long. Here you go Melo, here you go ZenMa$ter, here you go Fi$h.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Uh, are the ATL Hawks that good because they are deep up in the Cavs at CLE
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Insane game between Memphis and San Antonio. Double OT. Marc red hot, and he hit a huge three to send the game to OT.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Lee with a huge three to take the lead with two seconds left in double OT.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap this Spurs Grizzlies game. Going to a 3rd OT after another buzzer beater.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Duncan hits a miracle lucky bank to send the game to triple OT. Amazing game. Grizzlies on a back to back too.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Two huge, lucky shots to extend the game. First by Marc and then by Duncan. Grizzlies have to be feeling it by now.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Wow shades of 04. That was so similar to the shot he hit before the Fisher one.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject:

What a game. The West is TOUGH. Grizzlies have been incredible, they must be exhausted and they stay in it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Ginobili did what Ginobili do: take a dumbass shot.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

You could practically hear Pop's head explode when Manu settled for that shot, lol. Grizzlies win.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Grizzlies win! I REALLY want to see a Warriors/Grizzlies WCF.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 20 of 58
Jump to: