The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

The worst thing about having two #1 picks next year, one being a top 5 is, I can't really tell you who any of them are at this time!

Doesn't say much for talent coming out, especially not knowing about centers & the future of them. Seems heavy on the guard/small forward draft?
HC: Riley
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
The roster has more talent than people are giving them credit for. But the coach's offense is a huge negative by itself, and a even bigger negative given the fit with the personnel.

please tell me a guy who would start on any other team. other then kobe obviously

Lin and Davis could start on quite a few teams. Boozer started on a good team last year. Hill quite possibly on certain teams. And a lot of teams have marginal starters to just plug positions. If healthy, they would have had a decent bench unit. Not saying that they would be a playoff team, but at least they would look like they would have somewhat of a chance in these games if they ran a modern offense. Going off preseason, when they were healthier, you could already see this coming.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

Biggest issue still seems to be youth because Athleticism and speed are straight killing us. Our best unit out there was davis, hill, ellington, clarkson, price. That's when we made the comeback. That's gotta be one of our speedier units.

Last night vs rockets the young nobodies on the Rockets team were just out hustling us to every rebound not to mention Terrence jones and ariza looked like freaking all stars.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Manny450r wrote:
I have a hard time believing we're going to win 10 games this year. I think top 5 draft pick is a lock.

We'll get wins against bottom feeders. Our first two games were against pretty good teams who kill from the three point line, which plays to our weaknesses. We'll look better against teams without quality outside shooting and teams who are flat out just as bad or worse than us. We'll also look better when we're healthier. We suck right now, and we would have been fortunate to get three wins in our first ten even before Randle went down, but it's still early.

Not sure if the Suns are pretty good- I don't think they are a playoff team. And we gave up 119 points to them...
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Jim did say he was gonna resign if the team wasn't contending in 3-4 years..... so the Buss family might sell the team by that time if this ship doesn't turn around soon.

And you believe him ?
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Jim did say he was gonna resign if the team wasn't contending in 3-4 years..... so the Buss family might sell the team by that time if this ship doesn't turn around soon.

And you believe him ?

Jim will probably fire Mitch first, then blame all the bad decisions on him. That should buy him a few more years...
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
And you believe him ?

Yes... because he knows he has great pressure to deliver.... especially when given the fact that the Lakers gave Kobe his big contract... they are trying to win right now... and you know they are most likely gonna pull off a big move soon to keep us in the playoff hunt.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

Watched the 3 games last night. OKC has many injuries but even Orlando looks like an Allstar team compared to our roster.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
And you believe him ?

Yes... because he knows he has great pressure to deliver.... especially when given the fact that the Lakers gave Kobe his big contract... they are trying to win right now... and you know they are most likely gonna pull off a big move soon to keep us in the playoff hunt.

Keep us in the playoff hunt? Since when were we ever in the playoff hunt?!?!
Lakers#1fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think the current roster is worse than the 05'-07' roster on its own. But when you compare our current roster to the rest of the league, it is worse. During the Smush Parker years yeah we had a pretty bad team, but when compared to the rest of the league during those years, we weren't the worst if you get what I'm saying?

The disparity between our roster and the rest of league is very wide. Our talent and upside is lacking when compared to other teams that have young talent and prospects to develop upon.

Who do we have? Randle (done for the year, question mark how he recovers) and Clarkson. After Kobe is done, we are done. We have no direction right now for the team. Thats why the trade Kobe to the Knicks idea isn't as far fetched as you think if we can acquire Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., and draft picks. Its a win win for both sides. Dont you think Kobe deserves a chance to win these final two years, that we dont have. If Kobe stays, we'll be watching a one man show trying to carry the team at the age 36 in his 17th/18th season. This is not to say Kobe is a ballhog, no one else on the team can do anything besides him.

Wow that was a pretty long rant. I'm still a Laker Fan for life and have been but this is the reality and the truth. We aren't in a good position right now. Then people say ohh you're a Kobe fan not a Laker fan. But that's all we know since 96'. Yeah we had Shaq, but Kobe has been here the longest and carried our team for two decades. But we must look beyond Kobe and whats best for him and if he's willing, find a trading partner.

Paul,
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

Most of our roster is built on 1 and 2 year contracts. Management is making sure we have flexibility to sign players for the future. This is pretty much what happens when you swing for the fences for a superstar and miss.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1fan wrote:
I don't think the current roster is worse than the 05'-07' roster on its own. But when you compare our current roster to the rest of the league, it is worse. During the Smush Parker years yeah we had a pretty bad team, but when compared to the rest of the league during those years, we weren't the worst if you get what I'm saying?

The disparity between our roster and the rest of league is very wide. Our talent and upside is lacking when compared to other teams that have young talent and prospects to develop upon.

Who do we have? Randle (done for the year, question mark how he recovers) and Clarkson. After Kobe is done, we are done. We have no direction right now for the team. Thats why the trade Kobe to the Knicks idea isn't as far fetched as you think if we can acquire Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., and draft picks. Its a win win for both sides. Dont you think Kobe deserves a chance to win these final two years, that we dont have. If Kobe stays, we'll be watching a one man show trying to carry the team at the age 36 in his 17th/18th season. This is not to say Kobe is a ballhog, no one else on the team can do anything besides him.

Wow that was a pretty long rant. I'm still a Laker Fan for life and have been but this is the reality and the truth. We aren't in a good position right now. Then people say ohh you're a Kobe fan not a Laker fan. But that's all we know since 96'. Yeah we had Shaq, but Kobe has been here the longest and carried our team for two decades. But we must look beyond Kobe and whats best for him and if he's willing, find a trading partner.

Paul,

The west back in 2005 to 2007 during those lean Laker years were not as loaded as they are today. So even though we had a bad team during that period we still made the playoffs as a bottom tier team. The western conference now is stacked....there could be 10-11 teams that have the potential to make the playoffs and only room for 8.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1fan wrote:

Paul,

Our roster is better than the Kwame/Odom/Devean/Kobe/Smush roster with Cook/Mihm/Walton/Vujacic/Profit/McKie.

The difference is back then, we had a prime Kobe Bryant.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
And you believe him ?

Playoff hunt??

Have you seen the west and our roster.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Most of our roster is built on 1 and 2 year contracts. Management is making sure we have flexibility to sign players for the future. This is pretty much what happens when you swing for the fences for a superstar and miss.

So far based upon my calculation we are 0 for 3 on this strategy.
Lakers#1fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

Yup lakersken80 and ringfinger, exactly what I meant.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I also think they're banking on at least ONE of these one-year reclamation projects becoming something close to an NBA starter. So far they've struck out on that account as well.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I also think they're banking on at least ONE of these one-year reclamation projects becoming something close to an NBA starter. So far they've struck out on that account as well.

Sounds like we are following the Marc Cuban strategy. Maybe we will find our Chandler Parsons this off season.
showmethemoney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

I don't consider any NBA player a scrub. If you can make it to NBA, you are good. It's an 82-game season. You are never as bad as you look when you lose the way we did the past two nights.

Give this roster some time. I think they will come around and be competitive.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

showmethemoney wrote:
I don't consider any NBA player a scrub. If you can make it to NBA, you are good. It's an 82-game season. You are never as bad as you look when you lose the way we did the past two nights.

Give this roster some time. I think they will come around and be competitive.

What is your definition of "competitive"?
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Its the worst roster I have seen from the Lakers in my lifetime.

Ditto, and I'm old.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject:

I don't know about the worse roster, the guys who actually played last season were worse in my opinion. But coaching might rival the Brown, Pfund and Hamblin eras.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

Haha funny how people are starting to appreciate MDA. MDA is a very good to great coach IMO, just not for a Kobe Bryant led team.
With any above average PG, his team wins 40 games easily.

For crying out loud, Steve Blake was a triple double machine under MDA for a while, Kendell Marshall one of the assist leaders in the NBA...

BScott is nowhere near MDA. The decision to part ways with MDA ultimately waa a good one but we seriously needed to go for Karl or Hollins.

Hiring Byron was a PR move. Lakers ties, no Phil ties. Perfect.
The only PR there is in the end is winning or losing though.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Haha funny how people are starting to appreciate MDA. MDA is a very good to great coach IMO, just not for a Kobe Bryant led team.
With any above average PG, his team wins 40 games easily.

For crying out loud, Steve Blake was a triple double machine under MDA for a while, Kendell Marshall one of the assist leaders in the NBA...

BScott is nowhere near MDA. The decision to part ways with MDA ultimately waa a good one but we seriously needed to go for Karl or Hollins.

Hiring Byron was a PR move. Lakers ties, no Phil ties. Perfect.
The only PR there is in the end is winning or losing though.

Not if they use MDA's defensive schemes.....
Plus our teams roster has a hard time getting offense because of the players. Other than Kobe, we don't have a reliable scorer.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

individually it's probably not the worst, but as a collection of parts it's the most incompatibly assembled team i've ever seen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: