The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Its the worst roster I have seen from the Lakers in my lifetime.

And you haven't seen all of it, too many guys still out with injury. Sometimes you have to hit bottom to get to the top. And contrary to popular opinion here, it usually takes more than a season or two.

Finally someone with good common sense.😄 I think the timing of the injuries really hurt the Lakers. This is rock bottom as far as I'm concerned the Lakers have never been this terrible to start the season.

I've said many times before on this board patience is what it's going to take from Laker fans patience because it's going to be a while before the Lakers get back to championship caliber.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

And you haven't seen all of it, too many guys still out with injury. Sometimes you have to hit bottom to get to the top. And contrary to popular opinion here, it usually takes more than a season or two.

Finally someone with good common sense.😄 I think the timing of the injuries really hurt the Lakers. This is rock bottom as far as I'm concerned the Lakers have never been this terrible to start the season.

I've said many times before on this board patience is what it's going to take from Laker fans patience because it's going to be a while before the Lakers get back to championship caliber.

I have no problem with rebuilding or the practice of patience.

However, our FO is clueless. If you are going to rebuild, do it. Get rid of Kobe and start from scratch.

The FO needs to come out and say it.

Look at the 76ers, Magics, and Jazzs. They come out and practice what they preach.

Lakers have not. The FO really has no clue. Instead for whatever reason, they do not.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

That's a 45 win team at absolute best.

This team might not win 45 games in two seasons combined.

The roster is worse than Byron's scraggly mustache.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

our team is garbage
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

We may be garbage but I would be satisfied by seeing gradual improvement and some competitiveness.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment

Kobe2Clark wrote:
No shooters, no defense, no inside scoring, no athletes. Just Kobe and even he can't make 30pt blowouts compelling after a while.

Cannot believe we are somehow worse than the 2004-2006 rosters. It's like we are trying to be bad! (I am starting to believe this) Kupchak should be ashamed of himself

This thread is a complete and utter embarrassment. "Wah, its been four years since my team won a title." Grab a tissue or something.
Cool426
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
JayLida wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

I have no problem with rebuilding or the practice of patience.

However, our FO is clueless. If you are going to rebuild, do it. Get rid of Kobe and start from scratch.

The FO needs to come out and say it.

Look at the 76ers, Magics, and Jazzs. They come out and practice what they preach.

Lakers have not. The FO really has no clue. Instead for whatever reason, they do not.

Totally agree!

On what planet would anyone sign Hill to a $9M contract? When a team signs players in Swaggy's caliber, they usually get Team Option. Lakers are prob the only team in the league who gives out Player Option on top of a long contract. Clueless.....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment

VegasLakerFan wrote:

This thread is a complete and utter embarrassment. "Wah, its been four years since my team won a title." Grab a tissue or something.

I see where you are coming from, but I think you don't understand our point.

We can handle losing and rebuilding, but we want to see a plan and make steady progress like in the post-Showtime Lake Show era.

What did last year accompish? We got Randle but lost every other player we developed except for Swaggy P who is an overrated matador.

Give me some tissue I guess, maybe about 8 years worth because it is going to be that long it appears until our organization gets a (bleep) clue.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

The Jim Buss show isn't tanking. We're really that bad.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject:

One win. If BS comes up with new offensive scheme (ie. shoot 3's) and mixes up the lines, and we win tonight (not likely) LG will turn 180 and we are now contending with the Spurs.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment

VegasLakerFan wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:
No shooters, no defense, no inside scoring, no athletes. Just Kobe and even he can't make 30pt blowouts compelling after a while.

Cannot believe we are somehow worse than the 2004-2006 rosters. It's like we are trying to be bad! (I am starting to believe this) Kupchak should be ashamed of himself

We are upset because the FO has shown no leadership or guidance in every facets.

FA signings - Fail No Howard, no Lebron, no Camelo,

Alternative plan if no FA - Fail. After no Lebron or Carmelo, the Lakers signed Shaggy, Hill, Kelly and Johnson. They bring back the same team that was an embarrassment last year. No attempts to bring in new players.

Communication to the fans and public on their future plan - Fail Fail Fail.

What are they doing? Seriously? Rebuilding? Then rebuilt. Look at Jazzs. They got rid of Williams. Look at the Orlando. They are doing the same. 76ers. Classic rebuilding.

Trying to make a run with Kobe in his last few years? Then do it by bring in Stephenson or Deng. Bring some talent. Here they are making Kobe do everything.

I personally am not surprised because I just do not expect much from Jim Buss and his style of leadership. I cannot wait ti

Seriously who are they going to go for in 2015. What if the lakers lose their draft choice to the Suns.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Paraphrasing the immortal words of Ron Artest: "This team sucks lollipops."
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Why did we pay Jordan Hill 9 million dollars? Should have just gave Pau a 2 year thank you contract.
dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject:

Roster doesn't seem so bad tonight, with Scott tweaking his system and the players clicking.

Now, we just need to get us a replacement for Wes Johnson and Sacre...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject:

dxdx wrote:
Roster doesn't seem so bad tonight, with Scott tweaking his system and the players clicking.

Now, we just need to get us a replacement for Wes Johnson and Sacre...

Wes wouldn't get as many minutes if Young was healthy. Sacre would get no minutes if Randle and Kelly were healthy.

So it's not that we don't have the players to do such a thing... its just... u know... X_X

But *knock on wood* that they both return healthy sooner rather than later and the rest of our roster stays healthy!!
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject:

This is a very inflammatory thread, not so much the subject matter, which has been discussed ad nauseam, but the title. It actually troubles me to see it on the premier Lakers fan board.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's a 45 win team at absolute best.

This team might not win 45 games in two seasons combined.

The roster is worse than Byron's scraggly mustache.

"ZING"....
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
This is a very inflammatory thread, not so much the subject matter, which has been discussed ad nauseam, but the title. It actually troubles me to see it on the premier Lakers fan board.

It does sting..but it's true, for now...

Other bottom dwellers like the Magic,Sixers,Jazz, Kings at least have young talent growing up while they sit near the bottom, we have randle only, and even he did not get by his first game.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:

It does sting..but it's true, for now...

Other bottom dwellers like the Magic,Sixers,Jazz, Kings at least have young talent growing up while they sit near the bottom, we have randle only, and even he did not get by his first game.

It doesn't sting, because I don't believe the title is a factually true statement. It's just an inflammatory whine and argument starter.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

Only young player probably worth keeping is Ed Davis. The rest of the team is just fodder.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:
Why did we pay Jordan Hill 9 million dollars? Should have just gave Pau a 2 year thank you contract.

How many times does it have to be repeated. Lakers offered Pau the most money, he didn't want to be here. He didn't want a thank you contract. He wanted to play on a contender and thats why he chose the Bulls for less than half the money the Lakers offered.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:

It's the truth though. We are going to be 0-4 tonight because our very best (last night) is not good enough to beat so-so games by the other team
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Actually after watching Kobe last night and how well Lin along with e Davis ... if this team only had just one Simi superstar at SF or PF they would be a 48-50 win team.

That's assuming they play last night.

Clarkston was a steal.

They really screwed up by not signing Lance.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Only young player probably worth keeping is Ed Davis. The rest of the team is just fodder.

Take out the word "probably", and you've got it.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Disagree. Clarskson is worth keeping as well.

As far as I am concerned, this is the team that is worth keeping moving forward:

Lin
Kobe
Davis
Clarkson
Randle (bleep)

I am not passing judgement on the following until they get healthy:

Xavier
Kelly
Swaggy

Losing Randle still hurts man.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: