The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
We have to stop beating a dead horse, really. It's not going to change anything. It's quite obvious this is the worse Laker team the franchise has ever fielded. It was quite obvious when we were getting blasted in the preseason.

We need to accept it and hope we literally have the worst record in the NBA (very probably, btw) or acquire a superstar by the deadline (which is not going to happen)

Then we have to hope we land the number 1 pick. Emmanuel Mudiay or Jahlil Okafor will be huge for this franchise. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Julius makes a full comeback, and returns a better player than he left.

Also, I don't see Kobe finishing this year on the Lakers. The way the Knicks looked today, they can definitely use Kobe's leadership and experience in that triangle offense...

Knicks is his only shot if he wants to have a chance at another ring...he won't get it with the Lakers thats for sure...they have too many holes right now.

The Knicks are terrible

They would be less terrible with Kobe on there.
Plus you forget its the leastern conference so they'll definitely make the playoffs.

If its all about getting another ring, there are much better options. The Knicks are not good and won't be anytime soon.
nslander32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Antonio Harvey, Reggie Jordan, Trevor Wilson and Tony Smith would probably be starters on this roster.

Oh lord. I remember seeing three of those in opening nite starting lineup at the Forum.

Except they won.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe won't win on the Knicks. His only
Shot is going to clippers they need a primary 2 guard and scoring option it's a perfect fit and he would have great chance to win
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject:

business101 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
business101 wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:
Honestly if I'm kobe I'm doing 1 of three things at the end of the season

1. Demand that the Laker FO get their (bleep) togther and bring in NBA caliber talent onto the roster, rather than a line up of D-league bound scrubs

2. Demand a trade onto a real contender to get that 6th ring

3. Retire and save himself from the stress and wear on his body from playing with this trash

I can see Kobe warming up to the idea of playing for the Knicks and they have piece to make it work. For the Lakers, it is about helping Kobe find a spot he wants to go and for Kobe, it won't hurt his legacy that much. After all, Jordan played for the Wizard and people still remember him as a Bull Lifer.

Kobe is not going anywhere. Lakers need him to put the behinds in those expensive seats

Let see what happen if the Lakers continue to get blow out and losing consecutively. Everything is a possibility especially for a competitive player like Kobe. Let see how much he can take this losing.

he agreed to sign the contract knowing the team would be average. its not like he didn't knew
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I think this team is going to start the season 1-9 and that is assuming we beat Charlotte which is far from a certainty.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I think this team is going to start the season 1-9 and that is assuming we beat Charlotte which is far from a certainty.

0-10 would be a great start towards securing that top 5 pick, though. If we're gonna be bad this year, might as well be BAD.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

we are not going to beat charlotte in their house with Al Jefferson, Stephenson, Kemba walker and MKG playing good.

best case is 11/28 when Minny comes to town
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

If we go 0-10 Kobe will literally explode on the court. Either he will get in a fight with the opposing team or a teammate because he can't handle being this bad too long.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:

1. Demand that the Laker FO get their (bleep) togther and bring in NBA caliber talent onto the roster, rather than a line up of D-league bound scrubs

3. Retire and save himself from the stress and wear on his body from playing with this trash

Retirement is his only option if he isn't happy. The front office tried to bring players in but they didnt want to come. The cupboard was empty when Kobe signed his deal so he knew this was what it would be like.

He only would have a gripe if he had taken less so the team could sign more players and the roster still ended up like this.

While I agree with your statement, I don't think they did every thing they could. The Laker front office had tunnel vision when it came to recruiting free agent this last summer and they're focused was to recruit Melo; while Free Agents like Issiah Thomas and Lance Stephenson could have been snatched. In those two weeks as they wait for Melo's decision, the talented free agents were being signed by other teams. I don't understand how an elite organization like the Lakers can fail so bad at multitasking. They were then forced to resign they're own players to ridiculous salaries and accepted a salary dump in J. Lin (at 1 year 15 million).

This years roster could have had a core of Issiah Thomas, Kobe, Lance Stephenson, Randle. Instead we only have KOBE.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

we are not going to beat charlotte in their house with Al Jefferson, Stephenson, Kemba walker and MKG playing good.

I think that game is at Staples but not sure it really matters at this point as the Lakers crowd is going to be dead and quiet after watching nightly beatdowns leading up to it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe to dallas for Chandler Parsons/D Wright/Fat Felton and 2 1st.
jager67
Star Player
Star Player

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Its the worst roster I have seen from the Lakers in my lifetime.

I've been a fan since 1979 and I too feel this is the worst roster......

Last edited by jager67 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Its the worst roster I have seen from the Lakers in my lifetime.

Concur but I've been seeing the Lakers since Wilt and West were at the helm. This team is a result of the Howard, Nash & Kobe dice throw that went snake eyes...
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
business101 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
business101 wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:

I can see Kobe warming up to the idea of playing for the Knicks and they have piece to make it work. For the Lakers, it is about helping Kobe find a spot he wants to go and for Kobe, it won't hurt his legacy that much. After all, Jordan played for the Wizard and people still remember him as a Bull Lifer.

Kobe is not going anywhere. Lakers need him to put the behinds in those expensive seats

Let see what happen if the Lakers continue to get blow out and losing consecutively. Everything is a possibility especially for a competitive player like Kobe. Let see how much he can take this losing.

he agreed to sign the contract knowing the team would be average. its not like he didn't knew

Correction. He agreed to sign the contract knowing the Lakers had 1 MAX slot to pair him up and allow him to at least contend or play competitive basketball for his last 2 years. Had he knew he would come to work every day losing and getting blow out like this, it is like a torture for him. I just don't see how much he can take this without some change.

Last edited by business101 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

0-10 would be a great start towards securing that top 5 pick, though. If we're gonna be bad this year, might as well be BAD.

I agree, worst record in the league is actually a valid goal. At least it provides some hope for the future.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLanny wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I think that game is at Staples but not sure it really matters at this point as the Lakers crowd is going to be dead and quiet after watching nightly beatdowns leading up to it.

my bad its in LA after 5 days of rest for us
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

The roster has more talent than people are giving them credit for. But the coach's offense is a huge negative by itself, and a even bigger negative given the fit with the personnel.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

Jim99187 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I'm sure even Rubio will magically learn how to shoot against us and knock down 5 or 6 three-pointers.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I hope the NBA takes a hit in the $$$$ pockets for Lakers being this bad. The Lakers fans around the world will most likely tune out watching basketball in general and the NBA looses revenues. This will get the attention of the David Sterns and Adam Silvers.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
The roster has more talent than people are giving them credit for. But the coach's offense is a huge negative by itself, and a even bigger negative given the fit with the personnel.

please tell me a guy who would start on any other team. other then kobe obviously
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

business101 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
business101 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
business101 wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:

Correction. He agreed to sign the contract knowing the Lakers had 1 MAX slot to pair him up and allow him to at least contend or play competitive basketball for his last 2 years. Had he knew he would come to work every day losing and getting blow out like this, it is like a torture for him. I just don't see how much he can take this without some change.

He'll have a meltdown by game 5. Guy worked his ass off to get back to playable level. The FO didn't put much effort it seems.
jager67
Star Player
Star Player

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Wait, didn't Mitch say he had championship contender expectations this year? Wow.

It's safe to say that Mitch was interviewed the local marijuana dispensary when he gave this quote......
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

Jim99187 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

please tell me a guy who would start on any other team. other then kobe obviously

Only in the D-League.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

This summer the Lakers' new front office proved they don't know how to build a team without hitting a home run.

If they weren't going to land Melo, it was a must they get a young, affordable piece who could be part of the future..I thought it was unacceptable to not at least shoot for Bledsoe or Monroe or Lance or Isaiah Thomas.

Signing hill to that contract was a terrible decision, even if it's basically a one-year deal. With Davis' current play and contract, that money spent on Hill could have been used elsewhere.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Kobe to dallas for Chandler Parsons/D Wright/Fat Felton and 2 1st.

There's no way Dallas does that. I think the only way Kobe can move is if he takes a buyout. Since salaries have to match in a trade, it's near impossible to move a contract of that size.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: