The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

we're not a playoff team but the talent on this team isn't THAT bad...

if the ball is moving and they're playing in rhythm, showing good team chemistry and actually running something resembling an offense instead of 5 guys meeting each other at the Y for the first time and STILL get blown out, then yeah, i'd say we have a talent problem.

but we are CLEARLY still in preseason mode, trying to learn the offense while in regular season, and trying to learn about each other.
Spoolxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

You know it's bad when you have scrubs like Price and Sacre getting this amount of playing time. On any other team they would get a bunch of DNP.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I think this team is going to start the season 1-9 and that is assuming we beat Charlotte which is far from a certainty.

0-10 would be a great start towards securing that top 5 pick, though. If we're gonna be bad this year, might as well be BAD.

In the predict our record in the 1st 10 games thread I predicted 2-8, with a 4-13 November.............. I may have over estimated...

Bottom 2 with Philly at this time. The Bucks, Magic, Kings, Jazz, Celts are all better than last year, we are not!

Last edited by FreakofNature on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

This is what the front office wanted, it's why they hired Scott. They know Scott + this d league roster would be bad enough to keep the top 5 pick. I'm not surprised one bit, this was a 23 win team from the start. The only problem is how long before Kobe gets frustrated and starts demanding a trade, it'll just be a matter of time.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobe needs to go to clippers. Only championship level team that needs him imo
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how long people will continue to pay for these over priced Laker tickets...
Dan_Dantoni
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

This is all Pau's fault !!!

But seriously, don't let one game get you down, the season is just starting and BS is a solid coach.

It is too bad the FO wouldn't give any ground on an extension, while the team is banged up now, the pieces are there to make some noise later on. Kobe, BS, and the FO still have time to make something of this season.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
This is what the front office wanted, it's why they hired Scott. They know Scott + this d league roster would be bad enough to keep the top 5 pick. I'm not surprised one bit, this was a 23 win team from the start. The only problem is how long before Kobe gets frustrated and starts demanding a trade, it'll just be a matter of time.

This.

All this talk about retiring a Laker was during the honeymoon stage of him signing his contract extension. As the Loses add up, his competitive juices will kick in over drive and demand a trade. Kobe is a winner and he wants to catch the elusive 6th ring. It is just a matter of time.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Kobe needs to go to clippers. Only championship level team that needs him imo

Cannot see this happening, but...

What would the Clips give? Crawford and Riddick? Would Kobe sign off on this? I wonder?

Paul has about 3 to 4 years of prime time ball left, Blake and Deandre not even in prime time yet. I could see Kobe play for 4 years, then a 5th to pass kareem's point total. Less pressure ( more rest) with these team mates,Rings 6,7? .... I wonder if he gets that itch? Or has that through and through just a Laker for life attitude engraved in him?

Last edited by FreakofNature on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I wonder how long people will continue to pay for these over priced Laker tickets...

Generally, people don't mind waste. Tens of thousands of dollars are thrown away for oversized trucks/SUVs. Expensive cell phone contracts are agreed to w/o a blink of an eye.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wonder what we're gonna do at the trade deadline... it's gonna be a very busy time for Mitch... I'm sure.

Busy doing what? We have no trade assets.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I wonder what we're gonna do at the trade deadline... it's gonna be a very busy time for Mitch... I'm sure.

It's like that is now setting in.

I'd like to see Kobe gun it 25-30 times a game at this point.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

mhan00 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Yeah. Sometimes people just forget that to buy something, you need a seller. Mitch can't just go to the squad shop and go shopping and buy players lmao
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

No trade assets, no prospects, we have nothing but a dream at a top 5 pick.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

nevitt_smrek wrote:
defense wrote:

Generally, people don't mind waste. Tens of thousands of dollars are thrown away for oversized trucks/SUVs. Expensive cell phone contracts are agreed to w/o a blink of an eye.

Well considering the tickets are still fetching lots of money, the fans are still supporting the team.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kobe to dallas for Chandler Parsons/D Wright/Fat Felton and 2 1st.

There's no way Dallas does that. I think the only way Kobe can move is if he takes a buyout. Since salaries have to match in a trade, it's near impossible to move a contract of that size.

why? it gives them best chance to win champion this and next yr without giving anything of value away.
Manny450r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I have a hard time believing we're going to win 10 games this year. I think top 5 draft pick is a lock.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Would be nice to watch a Laker game where the result wasn't determined by halftime....
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers roster is a complete and utter embarrassment

Kobe2Clark wrote:
No shooters, no defense, no inside scoring, no athletes. Just Kobe and even he can't make 30pt blowouts compelling after a while.

Cannot believe we are somehow worse than the 2004-2006 rosters. It's like we are trying to be bad! (I am starting to believe this) Kupchak should be ashamed of himself

I agree 100% there's not a coach in the world that should put up their reputation to coach this team. I feel sorry for poor Scott he fell in their trap. They believed that because he was a fan favorite they could survive this embarrassment and not get the negative fall out of last year.
They're absolutely wrong, people here love their team and pay a lot of money to be watch this horrible display of basketball.
Who do they think they're kidding, they will have to start changing things or fans will demand they sell the team.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Manny450r wrote:
I have a hard time believing we're going to win 10 games this year. I think top 5 draft pick is a lock.

We'll get wins against bottom feeders. Our first two games were against pretty good teams who kill from the three point line, which plays to our weaknesses. We'll look better against teams without quality outside shooting and teams who are flat out just as bad or worse than us. We'll also look better when we're healthier. We suck right now, and we would have been fortunate to get three wins in our first ten even before Randle went down, but it's still early.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LA fans have never been known to be loyal. I think now that Kobe is back and the excuse that him and Nash were injured along with Dantoni being the problem wont be there to cover for the Lakers this season. I expect to see lots of empty seats by mid season. It will be interesting to see what the front office has to say then.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

Best overall talent?
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

lakersken80 wrote:
Would be nice to watch a Laker game where the result wasn't determined by halftime....

haha. Yea. I miss the Shaq/kobe days when we use to toy with teams.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

busy with what? we have no assests to trade or do anything with.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Manny450r wrote:

We'll get wins against bottom feeders. Our first two games were against pretty good teams who kill from the three point line, which plays to our weaknesses. We'll look better against teams without quality outside shooting and teams who are flat out just as bad or worse than us. We'll also look better when we're healthier. We suck right now, and we would have been fortunate to get three wins in our first ten even before Randle went down, but it's still early.

The 3 worst teams last year were... MIL, PHI and ORL.

We went 1-1 against both PHI and ORL and 0-2 against MIL. So we went 2-6 against the 3 worst teams in the league. Just saying.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: