Would you be ok with Kobe being traded to the Knicks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Kobe to the Knicks?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 62 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 115

Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject:

Trade Kobe ... for what? Amare?

I mean - I'm OK with trading anybody. I may feel sorry for a while, but if it is better for the team, sure.
The thing is, I don't see enough value coming back.

If we would get an impact C + impact SF back for him. Yeah, let's discuss it. But can't see any team interested.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
You can see the frustration building up. This roster is approaching Smush/Kwame/Mihm level of bad.

This roster is worse than that IMO.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject:

Theoretically it's possible.

Realistically it's LOL.

Kobe has no leverage due to that contract.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject:

Even assuming that Kobe would want to do that, I just don't see what the Knicks could offer which would entice the Lakers.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject:

I'd be ok w it. In fact I'd welcome it. This team is overdue for a complete blow up, kobe is the last remaining piece of the old era. Time now to tank hard as heck, rebuild the right way after missing on cp3, howard, and nash. We had the opportunity to avoid full rebuild but after that failed we really only have one option now. Looking at our roster I don't see lack of talent, I see lack of identity and lack of speed. Boozer and kobe are our biggest liabilities on defense. They're lack of being able to recover is a huge hole in our d. Then what offense are we running? Kobe iso, princeton, PnR, wth? I think this hot hodge podge mess needs to be scrapped and rebuilt properly and kobe is the last piece holding that back. Love kobe for what he's done but as a consumer I want to move on.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject:

No, we made our bed. Time to go down with the ship. I just hope future free agents see what we did for Kobe as a positive. And I sorta hope they ignore what we did to Pau.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
You can see the frustration building up. This roster is approaching Smush/Kwame/Mihm level of bad.

Oh, I think it's definitely worse.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

i would make any trade that makes my team better.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject:

Yeah if it gave Kobe a chance to win in his final two years AND most importantly it gave the Lakers something pretty solid in return, i.e. high draft picks, BUT since that doesn't seem likely then there is no need to even consider it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject:

This is only the 2nd game. Going to be a LOONNNNGGG season.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Why play 19 season with one franchise to retire with another team? Makes no sense for Kobe, and no sense for the Lakers organization.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Why play 19 season with one franchise to retire with another team? Makes no sense for Kobe, and no sense for the Lakers organization.

I hope he retires here, but if he is hell bent on getting his 6th and 7th rings, the Lakers won't get him there.

It's in his court. He has the veto power, and if he asked for a trade, I can see the FO considering it.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

I hope he retires here, but if he is hell bent on getting his 6th and 7th rings, the Lakers won't get him there.

It's in his court. He has the veto power, and if he asked for a trade, I can see the FO considering it.

I think Kobe wanted to be considered as great as MJ. I think he's better but the consensus is that he isn't. In fact, he seems to be dropping into that 6-10 spot. He knows this. Even if he went somewhere else, that's not going to change because ESPN won't let it change. Hell, I heard Ric Bucher say the other day that MJ had better foot work than Kobe.

So, winning another chip isn't really going to do anything for him. But, after his 20th season as a Laker, he'll be considered by the majority of fans as the GOAT Laker. And since the team sucks, he has a chance, health permitting, to score at will and approach Malone and KAJ. Plus, health again permitting, after two years, the Lakers have cap space, Kobe takes much less money and we mght build a team that give him ring #6, as a Laker. His wife and kids love So Cal, Moving to another city might end his marriage. No, i don't see him ever asking to or consenting to being traded, even for another chip.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject:

Not ok trading kobe away. I want to watch his last 2 years in purple and gold. Mitch just gotta make those phone calls...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

I think Kobe wanted to be considered as great as MJ. I think he's better but the consensus is that he isn't. In fact, he seems to be dropping into that 6-10 spot. He knows this. Even if he went somewhere else, that's not going to change because ESPN won't let it change. Hell, I heard Ric Bucher say the other day that MJ had better foot work than Kobe.

So, winning another chip isn't really going to do anything for him. But, after his 20th season as a Laker, he'll be considered by the majority of fans as the GOAT Laker. And since the team sucks, he has a chance, health permitting, to score at will and approach Malone and KAJ. Plus, health again permitting, after two years, the Lakers have cap space, Kobe takes much less money and we mght build a team that give him ring #6, as a Laker. His wife and kids love So Cal, Moving to another city might end his marriage. No, i don't see him ever asking to or consenting to being traded, even for another chip.

I don't think passing MJ/Malone in scoring alone will change the consensus view on him vs. MJ either, especially if his team this year is horrible (may be the worst Laker team record-wise ever, and that's not all his fault) and he shots 25-30 shots a game (just gunning at this point, which is not entirely his fault either).

We don't know exactly how he'll react. It's game 2 and he already has THAT look. Not good. But for the reasons you stated, he may just stick around.

Now, the tricky part is if he wants to continue playing. As I stated before, I don't see another "Alpha" free agent coming to the Lakers until Kobe retires.

My analogy is why join Don Corleone's family when you the Alpha want to start your own family?
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

I think it's not really an option, honestly who would really be willing to trade for Kobe given his salary and age? I really can't think of a team, and if there was one, they would also have to be able to construct a deal that would appealing for the lakers, but his salary is so huge I mean it's just hard to imagine how it's possible.

Really the best we can hope for is Kobe to use this season as practice, and hopefully through trades, drafts and signings we can have a more competitive team in his final year, I don't think we'll be championship level until long after bryant is gone unfortunately but the CBA, good gamble trades that didn't work out, trade veto, and a hellish run of injuries has played a large part in landing us where we are, now we just have to weather the storm, we'll bounce back eventually
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

I would love to trade Kobe to the Knicks for Amare, JR Smith etc. Just for cap relief would be outstanding. IN addition, Kobe get's to play for Fish and PJax alongside Melo and Pau. I think Kobe would agree to it but the Lakers would never do it cuz they care about filling the seats and making $.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject:

this kinda crap needs to stop around here just go and become Clipper fans if yo uvote yes here
Kobe2014
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject:

No! If you love the Lakers, you love Kobe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I would love to trade Kobe to the Knicks for Amare, JR Smith etc. Just for cap relief would be outstanding. IN addition, Kobe get's to play for Fish and PJax alongside Melo and Pau. I think Kobe would agree to it but the Lakers would never do it cuz they care about filling the seats and making $.

You WANT JR Smith? (Amare I can understand for salary cap reasons).

Nope. NY has nothing that we want. I'm not sure Phil wants Kobe either to be honest (since Kobe's contract all but ensures that Knicks can't be players in free agency in 2015).
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject:

I think most people are saying in this hypothetical, Bryant would also want to be traded, I mean he'd have to be ok with it right because he has a no trade clause, obviously Kobe has done a ton for the Lakers, but IF he wanted to be traded and IF the Lakers could get something of value in return then hell yes you do the trade, it should be pretty clear we are at least a few years away ...in this hypothetical it would be a win win
Kobe2014
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

What's wrong with you? Kobe is a Legend in Los Angeles.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
They don't have any picks at the moment. A third team would have to be brought in. but I would want Kobe to get his ring.

He sure as hell isn't getting it with the knicks.

PG.calderon
SG.kobe
SF.shumper
PF.melo
C.dekember (forgot his name)

jr smith

of course that team coild win it all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject:

I doubt Phil wants his next years tied to Kobe. It's a large part of their cap space and last time I checked, Phil wants a blank slate in 2015.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject:

I'd agree I don't think any team that Kobe would actually want to play for would even consider trading for him, it it what it is
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: