I have been stress free for past few seasons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: I have been stress free for past few seasons

Hey we suck. I have accepted that fact. Back when we won 67 games in 2009, man every game was stressful bc we had to get home court against Boston (although we didn't play them). That championship season was way more stressful that last season or this season. Just sit back and chill. A loss means nothing this season. We'll be good again in 3-4 years
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

If anything we didn't know how good we had it during the 2008-10 run. Pretty much the same people post here now as did then so seeing what real crap on the floor looks like hurts. Last season was pretty desensitizing though and now it's more of the same. I except we get blown out every night, because literally every team in the NBA has more talent than us outside of Kobe.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

The thing is that...Even though everyone knows that we suck, doesn't prevent us from being the laughing stock of the NBA. The Celtics are as storied/successful a franchise as us, yet they pretty much get a free pass.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
The thing is that...Even though everyone knows that we suck, doesn't prevent us from being the laughing stock of the NBA. The Celtics are as storied/successful a franchise as us, yet they pretty much get a free pass.

because the celtics sucked for about 20 years before becoming contenders from 2008-2011. They are back to doing what they did for the most part in recent history.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I have been stress free for past few seasons

15 wrote:
Hey we suck. I have accepted that fact. Back when we won 67 games in 2009, man every game was stressful bc we had to get home court against Boston (although we didn't play them). That championship season was way more stressful that last season or this season. Just sit back and chill. A loss means nothing this season. We'll be good again in 3-4 years

Come on, admit you enjoyed complaining about the bench mob blowing large leads.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

That's because we won 10 rings in the span of 3 decades, Celtics only 4. Celtics won most of their rings back in the 60s with Russell as well.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

because the celtics sucked for about 20 years before becoming contenders from 2008-2011. They are back to doing what they did for the most part in recent history.

Good point, and not trying to go on a tangent, but take the Heat and Spurs, and assume that they sucked. You wouldn't really see that many people rooting against them, and laughing at their misfortune. I guess we really must have pissed people off during our runs...So much so, that other fans would probably root against us, even if we were irrelevant, 20 years from now.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

2009 was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable seasons ever. Other then a few games in that Denver series and a couple in the finals, I hardly stressed at all and loved watching every game.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Good point, and not trying to go on a tangent, but take the Heat and Spurs, and assume that they sucked. You wouldn't really see that many people rooting against them, and laughing at their misfortune. I guess we really must have pissed people off during our runs...So much so, that other fans would probably root against us, even if we were irrelevant, 20 years from now.

I get that and its probably The shaq-kobe-phil domination/cockiness along with fans bandwagoning all across the country that pissed off every non-laker fan. They will cherish this moment. The cowboys went through something similar in the mid 90's and till this day they are hated for those championship years. I hope we can shut them up again in the near future...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

It would be much more bearable if we didn't have to deal with the media and fans of opposing teams jumping on this opportunity to laugh at the Lakers' misfortune. But that's the price of success, I guess.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject:

Watching the Dodgers fail miserably in the playoffs really broke my heart. With the way Kershaw dominated and the great play of Gordon, Gonzalez; Kemp, the no-hitters, Ryu's near perfect game, it really felt like it was their year.

And fresh off that, looks like another year of injuries and disappointment. I'm in for the ride as long as Kobe is hustling out there, but if he goes down it's really tempting to say F it and give up faith.
joedanvan22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
2009 was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable seasons ever. Other then a few games in that Denver series and a couple in the finals, I hardly stressed at all and loved watching every game.

the Denver series actually seemed pretty easy compared to that Houston series that went 7 games
joedanvan22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: I have been stress free for past few seasons

15 wrote:

we actually won 65 that year
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject:

I've seen this team go through a rebuilding period before so this doesn't bother me. I have low expectations for the season and take each game one game at a time. Any success the team has is a bonus to me, but I expect them to continue their rebuilding phase for at least another year, unless they make another Pau Gasol type trade and spoil us all again.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

They didn't fall as far or as fast. They won a championship, then gradually decayed through age. The Lakers were flirting with a dynasty, lost to the next champs in Dallas, and then blew up the team. That's why the Lakers might get harsher treatment.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

They didn't fall as far or as fast. They won a championship, then gradually decayed through age. The Lakers were flirting with a dynasty, lost to the next champs in Dallas, and then blew up the team. That's why the Lakers might get harsher treatment.

And thank god for that. The Celtics' real downfall was holding onto the old guard and trying to make it work with an ancient McHale, Bird, Parish, etc.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: I have been stress free for past few seasons

joedanvan22 wrote:
15 wrote:

we actually won 65 that year

Should have been 67. Those two last second losses to Indy and Philly cost the Lakers the best record in the league.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

And thank god for that. The Celtics' real downfall was holding onto the old guard and trying to make it work with an ancient McHale, Bird, Parish, etc.

They didnt hold on, Len Bias and Reggie Lewis died and set them back a long time. Then the lottery killed their chance at tim duncan in 97.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: I have been stress free for past few seasons

15 wrote:

Well I'm not regardless of what they have personnel wise, it still eats me up when they lose. I can't stand losing it keeps me from sleeping, and the worst part of it is I don't have trust in this FO. Until Jimbo gets out it's going to be a living hell for me.
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject:

Great post...although, my sailor mouth was in mid-season form the last two nights.

I knew this was going to be a long year...was just looking forward to seeing the evolution of our 19 year old phenom.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey , but on the bright side there is really good teams with super star players that will not win championships this year either so they are as bad with a good roster ,
you know who you are in the west and east..
we will be back soon
infoman2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I think everyone is freaking out because we want to see Kobe win his 6th and ride off into the sunset, including myself. But I have come to gripes that Lakers won't be good for another 2 season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I had it good from 1980-1990 with titles. Enjoyed the heck out of watching new guys come and go as the team was restructered from 1990-1995. Enjoyed the team coming together from 1996-1999. Loved the titles from 2000-2002, and the resturcturing from 2005-2011. Now I am enjoying seeing some young guys stepping it up and wondering which ones will stick for the next title team. I have a family to support with a daughter in college, watching basketball is far from stressful for me.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Caught the tail end of showtime and suffered through the 90's. So Im glad I got to see the two title runs in 2000-02 and 09-10.

All in all pretty satisfied as well. The Kobe shaq run was amazing. The kobe gasol run was great cause we got to see a guy who works so hard and seemed like the underdog to shaq to have his own day. Kobes journey Is a good lesson in General - hard work and determination does pay off. Unfortunately with the passing of jerry buss and new climate of the nba i have my doubts the next great laker team will come soon. But I have enough good memories of the championship runs to put up for a while.

I know they'll at least be competitive again in a year or two
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Watching the Dodgers fail miserably in the playoffs really broke my heart. With the way Kershaw dominated and the great play of Gordon, Gonzalez; Kemp, the no-hitters, Ryu's near perfect game, it really felt like it was their year.

And fresh off that, looks like another year of injuries and disappointment. I'm in for the ride as long as Kobe is hustling out there, but if he goes down it's really tempting to say F it and give up faith.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: