Can Kobe tolerate another horrible season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

I think Kobe has done enough for the Lakers and the Lakers have done enough for Kobe.
Neither side should be expecting much from each other going forward.
Let Kobe mentor young players and set some records while the Lakers pay him the bonus money.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
raffi wrote:
I'm more worried about us season ticket holders tolerating another horrible season.

Exactly.

The Lakers are playing a game of chicken with their season ticket holders.

If they go 20-62 (and that very well could happen) I think they are going to see mass season ticket cancellations and I don't think Time Warner will be sending a Christmas Card.

win 20? lol
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
It's a new challenge. That's all.
This isnt a challenge, there is no good outcome in this. NO matter how hard they play, they dont have the talent to compete.

There is no help coming, there is no one to trade other then Kobe, and if they do that, its for a young guy and draft pics. WHen the season started i was optimistic. I was thinking that just maybe Randle will start to excel into a good player the 2nd half of the season, but now thats off the table, there is no potential that might work out this year. Its Curtains. Ill be tuning in to watch the game to see how bad they lose. It sucks, but if i get super serious im going to be like kobe in a bad mood. lol

I disagree, there is a good outcome to this. And Kobe stated it perfectly, if he can convert Lin into a championship PG, it will be a great season with a nice future. Big picture is the way to look at this season.

We're keeping Lin?

If he turns into a championship PG, then it is a no brainer.

Dude, we're not even making the playoffs. How the hell is he supposed to become that?!

Meeks was developed into a very good player and management had no problem letting him walk. Not sure why Lin would be any different.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
To the OP, does Kobe have an option?

That's a good question. I'm wondering if he can demand a trade. If he can, I'd like to see him do that, for everyone's sake.

I don't mind saying that although I respect Kobe as a player, I don't like him as a person. I didn't like some of the comments he made about how fans are "stupid" and how we need to "shutup". I don't like his comments about how he has to "eat first" on the Laker team. I don't like how he's treated some of his team mates, and I don't like that he thinks every player has to adhere to his standards, as if he's the owner or something.

If Kobe goes, it's a win-win situation. His legacy remains in tack in LA, he gets a chance to win #6, tying Jordan, and we finally get to rebuid our team, and our mindset, the proper way.

Kobe asking to be traded is the best thing that can happen for everyone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

The impossibility is in the details, what deal can get the Lakers the assets they need for Kobe and still keep his new team contenders? I can't think of any.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That's a good question. I'm wondering if he can demand a trade. If he can, I'd like to see him do that, for everyone's sake.

I don't mind saying that although I respect Kobe as a player, I don't like him as a person. I didn't like some of the comments he made about how fans are "stupid" and how we need to "shutup". I don't like his comments about how he has to "eat first" on the Laker team. I don't like how he's treated some of his team mates, and I don't like that he thinks every player has to adhere to his standards, as if he's the owner or something.

If Kobe goes, it's a win-win situation. His legacy remains in tack in LA, he gets a chance to win #6, tying Jordan, and we finally get to rebuid our team, and our mindset, the proper way.

actually it's retiring. you will not get any positive assets for kobe at this point.
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

He made his own bed, now he has to lie in it......magic gave up money for the team, Duncan and parker only make 12mil for the betterment of the team....this is how kobe is going out......the one thing that might happen, is he leaves money on the table and retires after this season, just a crazy thought.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

actually it's retiring. you will not get any positive assets for kobe at this point.

So that begs an interesting question. Does that make Kobe's extension, in retrospect, a good one or a bad one?

Initially, I was opposed to it because it ate up so much of the salary cap that I didn't believe we'd be able to field another contender.

Looking back, maybe that was by design. Had they signed Kobe to say, a $12M deal and we stunk, Kobe could demand a trade and at $12M, teams could afford to absorb a Kobe and the FO's hand would be forced.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So that begs an interesting question. Does that make Kobe's extension, in retrospect, a good one or a bad one?

Initially, I was opposed to it because it ate up so much of the salary cap that I didn't believe we'd be able to field another contender.

Looking back, maybe that was by design. Had they signed Kobe to say, a $12M deal and we stunk, Kobe could demand a trade and at $12M, teams could afford to absorb a Kobe and the FO's hand would be forced.

If you really REALLY want to get conspiratorial you could say the Lakers purposely dropped the ball in the worst possible way, after Lebron made his decision at least, so the team would stink at such an ungodly level that Kobe would actually consider forfeiting his hefty salary by retiring. The insider leaked quotes to Abbott would play into this theory. Of course I would never suggest such a thing...
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I figured it out!!!! How can kobe average 40, win a title playing with scrubs to the adoration of all the fans? Retire from the nba and play in china...makes so much sense!
Cool426
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe would rather reign in hell than serve in heaven. He ain't going anywhere.

One the other hand, Lin would rather serve in hell with little pressure than serve in heaven.

Hope this hell of inferno will burn straight to Jim and Mitch's butt.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject:

razor wrote:
He made his own bed, now he has to lie in it......magic gave up money for the team, Duncan and parker only make 12mil for the betterment of the team....this is how kobe is going out......the one thing that might happen, is he leaves money on the table and retires after this season, just a crazy thought.

Pretty much... except the last part. Kobe is going to fulfill his contract.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Oh i don't know. ...can we tolerate the fact that antoni is still on the payroll?
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
Oh i don't know. ...can we tolerate the fact that antoni is still on the payroll?

He quit. Don't think he's on the payroll
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The impossibility is in the details, what deal can get the Lakers the assets they need for Kobe and still keep his new team contenders? I can't think of any.

This team is and will not be a competitor this season. If you look for a trade (and Kobe approves it), it would be to get young pieces or expiring contracts and as many picks as possible. Kobe's money blocked us from a few potential deals this season and will do the same next season.

Lakers need to go into full re-build mode or continue to stretch the re-build...

Or we can all just stop complaining about the team for the next X amount of years because only post Kobe can the FO get serious about players. While we suck, some players will look the other way but good players like I. Thomas, once was, would be possible.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

for 24 million he better learn to tolerate it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
mykeinla wrote:

He quit. Don't think he's on the payroll

It was a buyout. He gets half of his remaining salary, I believe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: