Kobe going to get in trouble again?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Kobe going to get in trouble again?

You decide...

http://dimemag.com/2014/10/upon-review-did-kobe-bryant-call-dwight-howard-bch-ner/
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

If they're gonna start policing NBA players saying the n-word, a lot of guys will get in trouble.

Nothing will become of this.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

It's a pretty PC world we live in ... so my guess is they take some form of action.
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

i wonder who wrote that title or the article? because we know kobe didnt say the word with the er at the end. so why is that in the title? I've noticed this on occasion where someone will say the er version repeating what some other black person said to yet another black person. but knowing good and well the er was not was used. There's a difference to some with the connotation of the "er" vs the "a" at the end. someone once told me "oh dont worry thats just people saying it properly, thats proper english with the er." haa haa, no.. its not. its spelled with an "a" for a reason.
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject:

He said it with the "a" version so its not really bad.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe can afford it.

It ain't slander if its true.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
i wonder who wrote that title or the article? because we know kobe didnt say the word with the er at the end. so why is that in the title? I've noticed this on occasion where someone will say the er version repeating what some other black person said to yet another black person. but knowing good and well the er was not was used. There's a difference to some with the connotation of the "er" vs the "a" at the end. someone once told me "oh dont worry thats just people saying it properly, thats proper english with the er." haa haa, no.. its not. its spelled with an "a" for a reason.

Exactly! I've been preaching this for years That word that ends with -er is not even close in meaning to that word that ends with -a. They are two totally different words with different meanings, pronounciation and spelling.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Oh jeez. Not another one of these discussions again. These will never end well when it involves a Laker (especially the Kobester).

Frankly, I couldn't tell from the audio if that's what he said.

But racism, including the use of ethnic slurs, should not be tolerated.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Kobe can afford it.

It ain't slander if its true.

Exactly. That referee is married and not a homosexual, hence the fine. Howard on the other hand was only being called what he is.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Does the NBA really want to follow the NFL in this? Start fining people for having a potty mouth? What next if they don't stop? Suspending players?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Ha! Kobe has definitely embraced his African American culture. I think he came back from Italy somewhat disposed of a cultural identity. But that right there, that was straight from the corner of MLK and Crenshaw back in the day.

Ha!
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Does the NBA really want to follow the NFL in this? Start fining people for having a potty mouth? What next if they don't stop? Suspending players?

Well they have a dress code, right?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Oh jeez. Not another one of these discussions again. These will never end well when it involves a Laker (especially the Kobester).

Oh, he said it. It's obvious. I've heard and said it thousands of times. And it ain't even close to being racist. And it ain't even close to being an ethnic slur. Context is important.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Oh, he said it. It's obvious. I've heard and said it thousands of times. And it ain't even close to being racist. And it ain't even close to being an ethnic slur. Context is important.

And from watching the video, you gathered that the context in which it was said, was friendly banter?
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Gotta delete that word from your vocabulary, Kobe.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And from watching the video, you gathered that the context in which it was said, was friendly banter?

No, it was meant as an indictment. But it wasn't racist nor was anything he said meant as an ethnic slur.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Gotta delete that word from your vocabulary, Kobe.

Why?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

No, it was meant as an indictment. But it wasn't racist nor was anything he said meant as an ethnic slur.

Can we not do that thing where Kobe could murder somebody and we'll find a way to justify it because, you know, it's Kobe?

We know he has a history with using derogatory terms on the court when he is upset.

But if ANYONE uses the n-word, and they use it in the form of an indictment when they are mad at someone, then yeah he should get some fine for it, whatever it is. No big deal. Let's move on.

For me, it was hard to tell on the video if he said anything at all in that regard, so I wouldn't levy any punishment. But if I heard him say it, then I'd hand down a punishment. We should be moving towards the elimination of the use of these terms, even if that means some "acceptable" situations get caught in the mix.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Can we not do that thing where Kobe could murder somebody and we'll find a way to justify it because, you know, it's Kobe?

We know he has a history with using derogatory terms on the court when he is upset.

But if ANYONE uses the n-word, and they use it in the form of an indictment when they are mad at someone, then yeah he should get some fine for it, whatever it is. No big deal. Let's move on.

For me, it was hard to tell on the video if he said anything at all in that regard, so I wouldn't levy any punishment. But if I heard him say it, then I'd hand down a punishment. We should be moving towards the elimination of the use of these terms, even if that means some "acceptable" situations get caught in the mix.

Apples and oranges. It is pretty obvious that he called him a "Soft, big ass, (bleep) ass (bleep). " The league will probably fine him for it. But that still doesn't make it racist or the use of an ethnic slur.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

jeee-sus christ. What a sensitive ass world we live in.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Apples and oranges. It is pretty obvious that he called him a "Soft, big ass, (bleep) ass (bleep). " The league will probably fine him for it. But that still doesn't make it racist or the use of an ethnic slur.

Not sure how calling someone a (bleep) ass n-word is not an ethnic slur. I'm not sure people would feel the same way if I walked around saying it.

"But, but, KobeBryantCliffordBrown from LakersGround said it was not a slur!" Yeah .... not going to fly me thinks.

This doesn't have to be complicated. He used the n-word with malice. If that is their finding, fine the man and move on end of story.

We fans don't need to get in to that game of trying to downplay it because it was our player that did. Let's just call it like it is and move on.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
We should be moving towards the elimination of the use of these terms, even if that means some "acceptable" situations get caught in the mix.

Phenomenal idea. In fact, let's take this noble cause a step further and also ban words such as "idiot." After all, it has a very specific medical definition, and usage of such a word today could show blatant disrespect of those who are unfortunate enough to be severely mentally disabled.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
We should be moving towards the elimination of the use of these terms, even if that means some "acceptable" situations get caught in the mix.

Phenomenal idea. In fact, let's take this noble cause a step further and also ban words such as "idiot." After all, it has a very specific medical definition, and usage of such a word today could show blatant disrespect of those who are unfortunate enough to be severely mentally disabled.

If you feel that way, I recommend you work on that.

Keep us posted on your progress?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Good ole Kob.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: