Cleveland has concert to welcome LeBron first game home
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Cleveland has concert to welcome LeBron first game home

Love him or hate him you gotta give him his props. I've not seen a player garner so much attention for a first game home in all the years I've been watching basketball.

If he wins a championship he'll be second to Michael in NBA lore.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

He's a smart business man with an ever better marketing machine

That being said if the Cavs fail to live up to the hype and LeBron bolts after two years I'll be laughing my ass off like there's no tomorrow.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
He's a smart business man with an ever better marketing machine

That being said if the Cavs fail to live up to the hype and LeBron bolts after two years I'll be laughing my ass off like there's no tomorrow.

He is both. What I like most is he brought his friends with him. They learned together and have created a great business. All from scratch.

I don't think he'll bolt. He has his rings and accolades. He's all about doing something in Cleveland.

Some pundits are picking Cleveland to win it all.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Of course they are LeBron is the best player in the game usually they pick the team that person is on even if its the "Factory of Sadness"
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I doubt he will bolt again. Just can't do that to that city again. His brand would take a tremendous hit.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

And now they're showing some little mini documentary on his homecoming. Annoying. I had to change the channel, And if I were I Knicks fan I'd be incensed. Just show the damn game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Would be funny if Lebron and the Cavs followed up their grand concert with an opening night loss tonight.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I think the Magic comeback in 96 was better. Magic played a great game, the team was entertaining that night and it was his first meaningful home game since the 91 Finals. And he left in 91 because of HIV, not because he wanted to chase rings with a loaded roster somewhere else.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

LeBron succumbed to the pressure. I've never seen him play so tight. Had a horrible game. Can't wait to watch First Take tomorrow.

Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

This (bleep) was so over the top. A CONCERT!?! Just because he changed teams? The guy has an enormous ego.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

For crying out loud, he's just a basketball player, not the Super Bowl at halftime.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

The most pathetic franchise in sports
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

GRHFJRHRJXJEFHE WE HATE YOU!!!!!

*Four years later*

ZOMG CLEVELAND'S FINEST!!!

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
This (bleep) was so over the top. A CONCERT!?! Just because he changed teams? The guy has an enormous ego.

Why do you say he has an enormous ego? He didn't plan, pay for or participate in the concert. It's the doings marketeers. They're bringing attention to Cleveland and the NBA.

IMO people should understand what's going on. LeBron is the face of the NBA. I also think some fans need to let "The Decision" go. LeBron's grown since and like him or not, he's living up to the hype.

I'll never go to a mans job and kick the shovel out of his hand. I want to see him succeed, my Lakers ain't goin nowhere this season.

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

lol @ espn running like a 30 minute special on sports center for this game.

also, the sports center starts with something along the lines of "they've waited 50 years.."

im like LOL OMG PLS CAVS FLOP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:

also, the sports center starts with something along the lines of "they've waited 50 years.."

This is what I don't understand. Why?

It's the NBA and ESPN doing the hype. Why would you want a team to fail because of something they have no control over?

Were you against those who where trashing the city, saying it was a horrible place to live, who would want to live in Cleveland?

Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
marga86 wrote:

It's the NBA and ESPN doing the hype. Why would you want a team to fail because of something they have no control over?

Were you against those who where trashing the city, saying it was a horrible place to live, who would want to live in Cleveland?

I hear you. I wanted the Knicks to beat the Cavs mainly because of the media hype over it, not because of Lebron the player. It's always interesting to hear the backtracking of the media. They prove their bias when they hate on the Lakers relentlessly yet say that it was the media hype that caused the Cavs loss.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Dan Gilbert comes to mind.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

After all that hype, LOLbron plays terrible and the Crabs lose.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You want a team to flop because of the owner? Did you want the Clippers to fail because of Sterling?

cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

rofl
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You want a team to flop because of the owner? Did you want the Clippers to fail because of Sterling?

I want the Clippers to fail because they aren't the Lakers. Same would be true for the Crabs....but when you realize what a vital role Gilbert has played in the current downfall of the Lakers, it's hard to not have personal ill will against that tool.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nah, I wanted to Clippers to fail because they're the Clippers. That David Stern was there owner only made it a little more fun.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I want the Clippers to fail because they aren't the Lakers. Same would be true for the Crabs....but when you realize what a vital role Gilbert has played in the current downfall of the Lakers, it's hard to not have personal ill will against that tool.

Oh believe me I have no love for Dan Gilbert. I also don't like he's going to make a lot of money because of LeBron.

Putting those dislikes aside, IMO, the players and the city don't deserve to be heaped on.

Nike's running a commercial about the city and LeBron. Neither are involved in the production. Why hate on them?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: