+++ Clippers at Lakers ++++ 10/31/14 7:30PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
they played as well as can be expected. just didn't have enough at the end.

Unfortunately... we play the Warriors and PHX in the next 2 games and you know they love making the Lakers look like a D-League team with there 3's flairing all game long.
bls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

The clips got like 20 fts in the 4th. That's what did them in.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

nikeykid wrote:
gotta love that lin 3 in cp3's face.

I watched the 2nd half at a restaurant tonight and when Lin stepped back and faded away and drilled that 3 on CP3, me and like 3 other people screamed "HELL YES!" at the same time. It was great.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

did ed davis ever check back in ? Would have loved for him to end the game there
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's shots were fine - but I didn't like him taking the drawn up play's 3 pter. Too easy too read. I'd prefer Lin (he seemed to have it this game).

Either way, lose as a team. Too man missed FTs, too many stupid fouls, too many poor turnovers (I'm looking at you Sacre).
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I have no problem going to Kobe at the end of a close game and letting him operate. That's his role. Maybe as the season goes on, we find an option to use him as a decoy, but he's the guy I want with the ball at the end of games.

Honestly, a mental lapse on that inbounds letting Blake get a freebie late, Wes' foul, Lin not getting that foul call on Jordan ... things could've easily gone another way.

Wasted an insane shooting night from Hill, but all in all, good effort.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Kobe shot us out of this one, seems like he wants to play with one more great big man in Jahlil Okafor before he retires. I mean you are 36 years old coming off 2 major injuries, stop taking wild shots in crunch time and pass the ball.

Except for one quick shot from 3-point range that nearly wedged between the board and the basketball, I had no problem with his shot selection in the 4th.

even greenfrog knows those were good shots.

No they were not, those were bad shots, very poor shot selection from Kobe. They should've continued to play team ball like what got them the lead in the first place instead of isolating Kobe. I think Doc baited the lakers by putting CP3 on Kobe and it worked, Kobe went chuck mode and we lost.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
nono
Rookie
Rookie

Does anybody have any idea how the Lakers are going to solve their defensive problems, especially the bigs ? Sacre, Davis and Boozer all looked hopeless defending tonight.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed with the loss, obviously. But, extremely happy, and optimistic, with the level of improvement of the Lakers, from the previous 2 games.

Granted, not going to rely on Hill having a big shooting night, consistently, like he had tonight. But, if the Lakers can get key contributions from different players, on different nights, then Lakers will compete, and eventually start winning.

Offense, and defense, looked much improved. Not GREAT, but definitely improved.

I was upset with how Blake seemed to be getting the benefit of the whistle, and our guys were not. But, that just how some games go. Just gotta play through it.

Down the stretch, both teams went to their money players down the stretch. Blake beasted, and feasted. Kobe went cold. Some nights it's there for you, and some nights it's not.

If Lakers can continue to build off this game, and continue to improve, then I'll be happy, and Charles can revise his opinion of the Lakers being broadcast.

Lakers!

ZOOM!
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
I have no problem going to Kobe at the end of a close game and letting him operate. That's his role. Maybe as the season goes on, we find an option to use him as a decoy, but he's the guy I want with the ball at the end of games.

Honestly, a mental lapse on that inbounds letting Blake get a freebie late, Wes' foul, Lin not getting that foul call on Jordan ... things could've easily gone another way.

Wasted an insane shooting night from Hill, but all in all, good effort.

Never ever saw that happen before. Very Benny Hill-esque. Even Blake had a smirk on his face after the fact.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Best effort, still lose....I don't even...................................
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Team looked a lot better...........................But their not going to win anything until they figure out how to get stops.
Plus too many mental lapses, like that stupid huddle where the Clips got an easy bucket, or a bunch of missed layups.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

nono wrote:
Does anybody have any idea how the Lakers are going to solve their defensive problems, especially the bigs ? Sacre, Davis and Boozer all looked hopeless defending tonight.

I thought Boozer did a nice job defending Blake in the post. We were getting lost on how we play the PnR and the subsequent rotations. We should trap hard and stop the ball handler, but we seem to be shadowing and allowing the ball handler continue his dribble with our guard trailing. We can't do that against the likes of CP3. He was finding the open guy every time. And they have deadly shooters in Redick and Jamal.
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Good effort all through out.They played well as a team but must continue to do so for the whole duration..

Less Isolation, lessen chucking shots.No quick shots. Run the offense get the players involved. Good effort all in all. Can't wait for the next game.

sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Kobe shot us out of this one, seems like he wants to play with one more great big man in Jahlil Okafor before he retires. I mean you are 36 years old coming off 2 major injuries, stop taking wild shots in crunch time and pass the ball.

Except for one quick shot from 3-point range that nearly wedged between the board and the basketball, I had no problem with his shot selection in the 4th.

No they were not, those were bad shots, very poor shot selection from Kobe. They should've continued to play team ball like what got them the lead in the first place instead of isolating Kobe. I think Doc baited the lakers by putting CP3 on Kobe and it worked, Kobe went chuck mode and we lost.

If you thought what Kobe was doing in the 4th was "chuck mode", then you haven't been watching Lakers games. Just riffing off of less astute posters in trying to lay blame on Kobe for the loss is not a good look.

Kobe had a size advantage over Chris Paul. When you have an advantage on offense, at a certain position, you do your best to exploit it. Clippers felt they had an advantage with Blake, so they went to him down the stretch. Fouls, and foul shots, galore. Lakers went with Kobe. Kobe was having a good shooting night, until the 4th. He took good shots, just went cold. Simple.

"Chuck mode", as you call it, is Kobe dribbling for an extended amount of time, and then taking a forced shot over multiple defenders. Or, some variation thereof. That's not what happened, so......*shrug*

ZOOM!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Lot of ticky tack fouls called in favor of Clips. Breathe wrong and get called for a foul.

Lin gets mugged and nothing.

Also, Crawford was on fire.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Lot of ticky tack fouls called in favor of Clips. Breathe wrong and get called for a foul.

tell me about it...the Clippers got tons of free throws in the 4th quarter.....meanwhile Lakers players got slapped around and nothing, no calls...
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

I was screaming pretty hard at the refs throughout the fourth quarter. Especially after that time Lin got fouled hard in the paint with a no call that could have taken Deandre out of the game with number 6. Such utter bullsht. To make things worse, refs call a foul at the other end for Crawford.

Seems like they tried to make up for that with two calls against the clips, but momentum was gone gone gone.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

As disappointing as it is to lose, we looked like a team tonight! Great ball movement, and we actually really outplayed the clips but they got 20-30 pts on bs foul calls. Might have actually been a rout had the refs not been on an absolute mission. Some of those calls Blake got just "lolwhut moments". And then the mugging of Lin that would have fouled DJ out of the game. But noooo, that might make the clippers lose, no call! It's whatever.

If we keep playing like we did tonight, we will start to get ref respect and that will improve our record even more. The team that came tonight could be an 8 playoff seed if they keep bringing it at that level. Also props to BS thought he made great coaching decisions throughout the game.
dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I was screaming pretty hard at the refs throughout the fourth quarter. Especially after that time Lin got fouled hard in the paint with a no call that could have taken Deandre out of the game with number 6. Such utter bullsht. To make things worse, refs call a foul at the other end for Crawford.

Seems like they tried to make up for that with two calls against the clips, but momentum was gone gone gone.

NBA really has one of the most dodgiest referring around.

However, to be fair as well, our smash mouth basketball style doesn't do us any favours.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

The team that played tonight is at least a 0.500 team. I hope this helped them build loads of confidence for this next stretch.

My first 10 games guess was 4-6. They can still pull this off by going 4-3 in the next 7.

Go Lakers!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

first time I can say Scott's system has a chance... need shooters in the corner though. Mitch do your job.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
first time I can say Scott's system has a chance... need shooters in the corner though. Mitch do your job.

Seriously. Having that outlet when Kobe and Lin are in the paint would be so huge. It was nice to see Ellington out there. I think Clarkson can develop a reliable 3 as well.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

lol what nonsense. jumpers over a 6 foot PG aren't bad shots. the lakers would have been idiots to not take advantage of that mismatch.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

I think that was the plan behind putting Paul on Kobe, plus he is stronger than Crawford or Redick and could get into him more. That period in the 3rd when Hill would make a shot, then Lin, then Kobe, then Wes, then Hill again, then Kobe, then Lin, then Hill again. That was completely demoralizing for the Clippers. The Lakers were scoring with everyone and when a team clicks like that, there is nothing you can emphasize on defense. I don't think putting Paul on him actually worked. Kobe shot more than he had earlier in the game but they were mostly good looks and it would be a much different story now if he made a few of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45
Jump to: