Charles Barkley: Take the Lakers out of the National TV Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Charles Barkley: Take the Lakers out of the National TV Games

Quote:
Attention television executives, Charles Barkley does not want the Los Angeles Lakers on national TV anymore. He plead his case for less Lakers on TNT, while broadcasting for TNT:

LINK

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I actually agree with him. It's embarrassing to have us on the national spotlight, makes visiting sites like RealGM impossible. Keep it to the cursed TWC Sportsnet.

Only good thing is that national broadcasts are easier to access for some of us.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

He is right.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

He's got a point. We suck.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Less national TV games=more games on League Pass....
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

If the Clippers by any chance mop us off the floor tomorrow night... we might see the league react to Barkley's statement.... people obviously wanna see good games on National TV.. and it seems like the Lakers aren't ready for primetime.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

One of the few times the idiot is right.

The whole nation knows this team sucks at the moment.

Bye.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I completely agree with him. It's ridiculous how many national games we have, considering how bad we are. Also, it would be less embarassing for us, if our abject failure wasn't highlighted on TV for the rest of the country every week.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

The case for having us nationally televised is thin. There are many teams more deserving of the spotlight.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Please. ESPN doesn't deserve to profit off of Lakers games, even if we're down in the dumps right now.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Any chance we could take Charles off of national broadcasts, instead?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

No one wants his fat slob ass on TV either.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
Any chance we could take Charles off of national broadcasts, instead?

I like this idea better. Charles' idea isn't bad though.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Please. ESPN doesn't deserve to profit off of Lakers games, even if we're down in the dumps right now.

ESPN gets tons of Laker fans to watch the games then craps on then with articles by Henry Abbot...makes sense...
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

The only people who want to watch Laker games regardless of the outcome are fans like us. The rest of the nation wants to watch competitive games and the first 2 games for the Lakers have been far from competitive. So taking the Lakers off the national stage makes perfect sense if you're the NBA.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

ESPN gets tons of Laker fans to watch the games then craps on then with articles by Henry Abbot...makes sense...

I dont click on non-Laker related links or watch non-Laker related games (Really wish I had a Neilsen Box to make it really count though. I would leave it on the HGTV channel while they suck off LeBron) in protest of The Veto. Don't have a single care for Dan Gilbert's created league.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject:

som3on3_10 wrote:
The only people who want to watch Laker games regardless of the outcome are fans like us. The rest of the nation wants to watch competitive games and the first 2 games for the Lakers have been far from competitive. So taking the Lakers off the national stage makes perfect sense if you're the NBA.

The nation is full of Laker fans, even if a lot of them are only into the Lakers when they're winning. If they don't have league pass, they're relying on national games. That's why they always kill the competition on fan night.

I sense that things are shifting now. I'm looking for tickets for a few games and they are significantly cheaper this year. I'm talking about half of what I paid for games last year when they were doing horrible and Kobe wasn't even playing.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

I dont click on non-Laker related links or watch non-Laker related games (Really wish I had a Neilsen Box to make it really count though. I would leave it on the HGTV channel while they suck off LeBron) in protest of The Veto. Don't have a single care for Dan Gilbert's created league.

Dan Gilbert is a freaking nobody. I wish people would stop acting like he has any power.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Barkley is an annoying idiot who has nothing contructive to say. He just loves tearing people down. It makes him feel better because he has low self-esteem himself likely related to his struggles with obesity and failure to win as a player. He also said Phil Jackson wasn't dumb enough to take the Knicks head coaching job, said Phil Jackson hired Fisher into a bad situation, the Knicks lost by 30 in their first game when it was 24. Just a moron...
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

Dan Gilbert is a freaking nobody. I wish people would stop acting like he has any power.

I'm assuming you didn't read any of the reports about who was the main mouthpiece/crybaby at the negotiating table during the last CBA meetings. I'll just say it wasn't any of the Buss', Dolans, Jerry Reinsdorf, or Donald Sterling and leave it at that.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

I can kind of understand what Charles is saying but the league won't function without the biggest fan base behind it.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
The case for having us nationally televised is thin. There are many teams more deserving of the spotlight.

Teams are scheduled for national TV based on ratings. If the Lakers provide ratings even when they are having a sub-par season they will be on national TV. It's common sense.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

couldnt agree more. I dont know about yall, but getting embarrassed on national TV isnt fun.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Teams are scheduled for national TV based on ratings. If the Lakers provide ratings even when they are having a sub-par season they will be on national TV. It's common sense.
They already proved if they suck they will get booted from National Tv it happend a few times last year. If they are this bad, its going to happen alot more. There is no reason other then 1 player that this team should be on national tv if your looking at the NBA without the Purple and Gold colored glasses. They will be on national tv for the first few months so everyone can laugh at them and see Kobe looking like a lost kid at a mall then they will get the boot.

Once Randle went down, it was over. Absolutely no point in this season.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

luckily it's not up to Barkley.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: