Charles Barkley: Take the Lakers out of the National TV Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
luckily it's not up to Barkley.
They will get pulled though, It happened last year. If they suck hard again, it will more this year especially if another good match up is there.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Charles is right on money here save us national TV embarrassment.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Please. ESPN doesn't deserve to profit off of Lakers games, even if we're down in the dumps right now.

ESPN gets tons of Laker fans to watch the games then craps on then with articles by Henry Abbot...makes sense...

I dont click on non-Laker related links or watch non-Laker related games (Really wish I had a Neilsen Box to make it really count though. I would leave it on the HGTV channel while they suck off LeBron) in protest of The Veto. Don't have a single care for Dan Gilbert's created league.

Dan Gilbert is a freaking nobody. I wish people would stop acting like he has any power.

I'm assuming you didn't read any of the reports about who was the main mouthpiece/crybaby at the negotiating table during the last CBA meetings. I'll just say it wasn't any of the Buss', Dolans, Jerry Reinsdorf, or Donald Sterling and leave it at that.

Yeah, he was the main mouthpiece crybaby about LeBron and Bosh going to the Heat too. League told him to kick rocks.

Stern was going to wipe out that trade no matter what. I have never liked Stern but Ill admit he's no dummy. He knew that trade was a disaster for the Hornets.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject:

He's right, were going to get blown out in a lot of these games.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Charles is right on money here save us national TV embarrassment.

Even a dumb _at_ ss like Charles got this one right. Get this sorry team out of national TV. Cancel all your NBA sport packages. Hit the NBA where it hurts in their wallets.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject:

Oh ye of little faith's . if the Lakers made a blockbuster move at the deadline and landed Rondo or something I hope no one starts screaming 'championship!' like they knew it was coming all along
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Oh ye of little faith's . if the Lakers made a blockbuster move at the deadline and landed Rondo or something I hope no one starts screaming 'championship!' like they knew it was coming all along

You think Rondo will turn this ship around? Dude can't make an outside shot. Who are the Lakers going to give up for Rondo? Trade more picks? package an injured Randle? do tell plz.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
MJST wrote:

You think Rondo will turn this ship around? Dude can't make an outside shot. Who are the Lakers going to give up for Rondo? Trade more picks? package an injured Randle? do tell plz.

No idea really. Their best bet would be to do it in free agency unless the Celtics decided they wanted to tank but I don't see that happening. Ainge would be more likely to send Rondo to Houston in a trade for nothing for his buddy McHale before he'd do something like that for the Lakers.

The Lakers assets that they'd have to use to get Rondo would have to be Nash's contract or a package around Jordan Hill(with his 2nd year guaranteed) and their draft pick and Ainge isn't gonna give them Rondo for that.

If the Lakers truly wanted to sign Rondo(if he doesn't get traded this season) they would most likely just wait for the off-season and throw a max his way, which the Celtics may not be willing to do.

And Rondo is a top 3 point guard in the league and nearly had a triple double in his first game back off a broken hand vs Deron Williams after missing the pre-season.

Trust that If Price seems to fit so well in the starting lineup I have a hard time seeing how Rondo whom is infinitely better at everything wouldn't.

And Rondo can shoot and very efficiently might I add.

Quote:
"Rondo was actually one of the best elbow shooters in the league last season. Out of 141 NBA players who attempted at least 100 shots from the elbows, Rondo ranked fourth in field goal percentage in that zone — trailing only Jason Smith, Steve Nash, and Jose Calderon. Those are pretty good numbers for a guy who can’t shoot. Per Synergy Sports, he also earned a “very good” rating for shots off the dribble, and an “excellent” rating for long 2-point jumpers.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/courtvision-everything-you-think-you-know-about-rondos-shooting-is-wrong/"

And then there's the fact that he shoots 44% from three off pick and roll's but struggles on iso's and spot ups in that range. But out of the pick and roll he's as deadly as shooter as he is a passer(from 2009 to 2014 Rondo's shot percentage from three out of the pick and roll rounded to 38% which is..pretty good). No clue why, probably a rhythm thing.

Even so, Rondo probably would fix a lot. But once more, the Lakers best bet would be to pursue him in 2015 and if they wanted to win such a bid they'd have to show themselves to be in a better place than the Celtics and that is yet to be determined by this year.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject:

True. I'd rather see the hornets, or bucks right now. They have exciting teams. The Hornets new (old) look is awesome, and the team is not bad either. Stephenson is exciting and jordan as the owner. East small marker underdog story. They have a lot to like.

Bucks also have an exciting team for a lot of the same reasons. Kidd. Young exciting players.

It's hard to believe the fo is just going to watch us be embarrassed the whole year. I guess watching kobe try to break the all time scoring records could be entertaining....I guess.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject:

Only those who've never worked in a FO position assume that the Lakers front office just sits back and watches the team get embarrassed without picking up the phone or trying to make moves.

Mitch probably spends many a night losing sleep over deals that may or may not happen or may fall through for one reason or another. It's probably the most stressful job in sports.

Truth is no team is looking to make moves this early in the season unless it's signing free agents. Moves aren't happening not because the Lakers aren't trying to make them happen, moves aren't happening because 1) it's to early, 2) even when deals can be talked about or in the mix there's no guarantee that they will be finalized, finished or agreed on.

A GM and Mitch could spend an entire week discussing the landing of a player on their roster, get cold feet at any moment and pull out or find a better deal at the last minute and the media will never get hold of it.

This is an every day chess match. Mitch isn't sitting back doing nothing, but contrary to popular belief he can't call other GM's and say "your best player..give me them" and get it instantly.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject:

People still want to see kobe even if he fails....barkley will prob get his wish when he retires.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Only those who've never worked in a FO position assume that the Lakers front office just sits back and watches the team get embarrassed without picking up the phone or trying to make moves.

Mitch probably spends many a night losing sleep over deals that may or may not happen or may fall through for one reason or another. It's probably the most stressful job in sports.

Truth is no team is looking to make moves this early in the season unless it's signing free agents. Moves aren't happening not because the Lakers aren't trying to make them happen, moves aren't happening because 1) it's to early, 2) even when deals can be talked about or in the mix there's no guarantee that they will be finalized, finished or agreed on.

A GM and Mitch could spend an entire week discussing the landing of a player on their roster, get cold feet at any moment and pull out or find a better deal at the last minute and the media will never get hold of it.

This is an every day chess match. Mitch isn't sitting back doing nothing, but contrary to popular belief he can't call other GM's and say "your best player..give me them" and get it instantly.

They basically missed on Melo, then gave 10 mil to Jordan Hill and called it a day. No plan B or C. Assembled a crap team that will be crap next year and may not even have it's #1 pick.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject:

If Lebron has another bad game, I want Barking to say the same thing on Cavaliers.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

Charles is the biggest idiot I have ever seen/heard. May I add that he is also a dumbass! We will always get big TV ratings no matter how bad we are. There are as many people in TV land that want to watch us lose as their are those who want us to win. Its called payback and everyone wants to kick us while we are down and piss down our backs (rightfully so). We have to eat it for now, but it will only be for a couple of seasons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject:

1. Shows how marketable and $$$ Lakers still are despite being downtrodden.

2. Hoping some prospective free agent gets the "savior complex" and wants to come pull the Lakers out of purgatory.

3. He is right in the sense that no one wants to see constant blow outs. But remember this, it's great media to see an all-time great like Kobe lose it, show frustration, etc.

4. I hope they don't. I'm not getting League Pass this year.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject:

No, Barkley.
National audience wants to see RUSH HOUR 4 w/ Kobe Bryant and Jeremy Lin, soon to come out.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject:

maybe we should just stop watching the Lakers period and join a winning team , that might save you embarrassment and pain and suffering
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject:

It's easy for those of us with TWCSN to agree with Charles... but count me out, as I understand thee are millions of Lakers fans who look forward to, and will only get to see their team on nationally televised dates.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
It's easy for those of us with TWCSN to agree with Charles... but count me out, as I understand thee are millions of Lakers fans who look forward to, and will only get to see their team on nationally televised dates.

I quickly downgraded my directv package from the local sports tier when the Dodgers blackout started, and the Lakers offseason informed me that I should make that permanent, so these national games and the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord entirely. Still, Charles is not wrong.
rustyray
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject:

Cant argue with him, as a fan I dont want they to get embarrassed on a National stage anymore.

Charles isnt always right but in the Lakers case he is, until they get better keep em off TNT and ESPN.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Barkley: Take the Lakers out of the National TV Games

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
Attention television executives, Charles Barkley does not want the Los Angeles Lakers on national TV anymore. He plead his case for less Lakers on TNT, while broadcasting for TNT:

LINK

i agree 100%. instead of national embarrassment please take them out
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

The televised purgatory of Black Mamba. Sad
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
MJST wrote:

They basically missed on Melo, then gave 10 mil to Jordan Hill and called it a day. No plan B or C. Assembled a crap team that will be crap next year and may not even have it's #1 pick.

My point exactly.

There is a lack of creativity in the FO now. No vision. One plan or nothing at all.

I do not want to blame Kupchak but someone is to blame for this terrible terrible team.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Charles Barkley: Take the Lakers out of the National TV Games

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
Attention television executives, Charles Barkley does not want the Los Angeles Lakers on national TV anymore. He plead his case for less Lakers on TNT, while broadcasting for TNT:

LINK

He also looked like a fool last night after he rode the knicks so hard, just to see them come back and dump on the cavs.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

Southern man makes sense. Were terrible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: