PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Brian Wilson dfa

Wow.

Fan favorites and bounce-back potential be damned with this FO. Definitely reminds me of DePodesta.

Next up, Clayton Kershaw to the A's for Scott Kazmir and 3 unknowns. Yasiel Puig to the Red Sox for Rusney Castillo + 3 prospects. Adrian Gonzalez to Tampa Bay for Brandon Guyer + 2 prospects.

This is a bit much with the negativity. Fan favorite? He was booed off the mound on multiple occasions last year. Kemp is obviously more of a fan favorite but he was booed last year too. People were hoping Donnie would put Turner in for Dee in the playoffs.

Wilson was beyond awful last year and he's overpaid. The move makes sense.

The entire bullpen was awful yet most are still here. If anyone was primed for a bounceback year, it would've been Wilson, who was fighting an injury bug. Plus, you don't get voted for a bobblehead if the fans don't like you.

Doubtful Kemp was beeing booed in that 2nd half and with the changes in his swing, certainly looked like the Kemp of the past. I don't put much in the scattered booing. Even Kershaw was booed at the Mother's Day game that I went to.

No one liked Wilson last year. He was awful. I get the reaction to the Kemp trade, but complaining about Wilson being let go is ridiculous. He was not good and his contract prevented us from being up young arms up to the majors.

Towards the end of last year sure there was a lot of disappointment. But there are still many who were hoping for a bounce-back campaign this coming year considering he could be healthy again. To say no one is a gross overstatement.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Brian Wilson dfa

Wow.

Fan favorites and bounce-back potential be damned with this FO. Definitely reminds me of DePodesta.

Next up, Clayton Kershaw to the A's for Scott Kazmir and 3 unknowns. Yasiel Puig to the Red Sox for Rusney Castillo + 3 prospects. Adrian Gonzalez to Tampa Bay for Brandon Guyer + 2 prospects.

This is a bit much with the negativity. Fan favorite? He was booed off the mound on multiple occasions last year. Kemp is obviously more of a fan favorite but he was booed last year too. People were hoping Donnie would put Turner in for Dee in the playoffs.

Wilson was beyond awful last year and he's overpaid. The move makes sense.

The entire bullpen was awful yet most are still here. If anyone was primed for a bounceback year, it would've been Wilson, who was fighting an injury bug. Plus, you don't get voted for a bobblehead if the fans don't like you.

Doubtful Kemp was beeing booed in that 2nd half and with the changes in his swing, certainly looked like the Kemp of the past. I don't put much in the scattered booing. Even Kershaw was booed at the Mother's Day game that I went to.

No one liked Wilson last year. He was awful. I get the reaction to the Kemp trade, but complaining about Wilson being let go is ridiculous. He was not good and his contract prevented us from being up young arms up to the majors.

Towards the end of last year sure there was a lot of disappointment. But there are still many who were hoping for a bounce-back campaign this coming year considering he could be healthy again. To say no one is a gross overstatement.

People were hoping for a bounce back year because we thought we were stuck with him. If we had the option to cut him and get someone new, that would have been preferred. He can't throw hard anymore. His velocity was gone. He said he would bring the heat in the playoffs, and when the playoffs came he was unable to.
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject:

League is also being shopped, per Dodgers Nation. They're willing to pay half his salary to move him.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
League is also being shopped, per Dodgers Nation. They're willing to pay half his salary to move him.

I'd be willing to throw in a few dollars too.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

League isn't worth his salary, but he's a great guy out of the 'pen when you need a ground ball double-play.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

People were hoping for a bounce back year because we thought we were stuck with him. If we had the option to cut him and get someone new, that would have been preferred. He can't throw hard anymore. His velocity was gone. He said he would bring the heat in the playoffs, and when the playoffs came he was unable to.

The issue all boils down to if he's done. If he's done and apparently the new Dodgers' brass thinks so, then replacing him on the 40 man probably makes sense.

But remember, in all likelihood, that $9.5M will be paid by the Los Angeles Dodgers, whether he occupies a 40 man slot or someone else does. As it stands, the likelihood will be that he will be invited by another team as a camp invitee, and if he's not done, do well enough to make the roster, while the Dodgers, essentially, pay him.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

I have some friends in SD that are saying there are rumblings that Kemp may have failed his physical. Anyone else see anything?

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:
I have some friends in SD that are saying there are rumblings that Kemp may have failed his physical. Anyone else see anything?

I read a rumor about it as well.

Quote:
Complicating matters – at least for San Diego – is this report (regrettably unable to find the source at this time): Matt Kemp took his physical in San Diego yesterday. It was known that this was not going to be a ‘slam dunk’ procedure. Moreover, there was a late rumor that Padres officials were going to have a meeting to discuss the results of the physical. If that’s truly the case, then (a) he probably didn’t pass, and (b) the Padres will have to figure out just how badly he didn’t pass and assess their options.

http://tomahawktake.com/2014/12/17/uh-oh-braves-left-trade-discussions/
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

^ thanks for the info, interesting as this impacts the Rollins trade as well.
geez how bad was his physical??

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

The issue all boils down to if he's done. If he's done and apparently the new Dodgers' brass thinks so, then replacing him on the 40 man probably makes sense.

But remember, in all likelihood, that $9.5M will be paid by the Los Angeles Dodgers, whether he occupies a 40 man slot or someone else does. As it stands, the likelihood will be that he will be invited by another team as a camp invitee, and if he's not done, do well enough to make the roster, while the Dodgers, essentially, pay him.

I realize that. He certainly didn't look great last year and he's over 30. I think a bounce back year while certainly possible is unlikely. For many pitchers, when they lose it, they lose it. The front office probably feels the same way.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
League isn't worth his salary, but he's a great guy out of the 'pen when you need a ground ball double-play.

This is the guy who should've been DFA'ed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

At least League was semi-useful. He had a nice bounce-back season compared to the previous one, while Wilson just plain sucked.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

At least League was semi-useful. He had a nice bounce-back season compared to the previous one, while Wilson just plain sucked.

Though the prior year, Wilson was lights out and this year, was battling injuries.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Though the prior year, Wilson was lights out and this year, was battling injuries.
He only played a month though. He was terrible last year through the entire year. Im sure everyone plays with some kind of injury. It was time to cut him anyways.

I love what this new regime is doing. They are cutting bait with players they think cant help them or are holding them back.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Yup. League became useful after the pitching coach tweaked a few of his mechanics.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject:

What is the current 40 man roster? Do we still have Van Slyke and Turner?

I don't like Kemp leaving for what we got in return, but I would like to see those two guys get more at bats assuming they are still on the roster.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I don't like Kemp leaving for what we got in return, but I would like to see those two guys get more at bats assuming they are still on the roster.

Yes to your question. I personally think Van Slyke would excel as an everyday player. He's got Jayson Werth written all over him, imo.

Kiss my Converse.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Yes to your question. I personally think Van Slyke would excel as an everyday player. He's got Jayson Werth written all over him, imo.

Hah, my bro-in-law and I called him Werth all last season !
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Moses wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Yup. League became useful after the pitching coach tweaked a few of his mechanics.

I've read where some fans are excited about Chris Hatcher acquired in the Dee Gordan trade to Miami.

Hatcher had 3 losses, 2 Blown saves, and 6 holds to go along with his 3.38 ERA (114 ERA+) and 1.2 WHIP. Hatcher had a 1.06 ground outs to air outs ratio.

League had 3 losses (one of which was also a blown save) and 11 holds to go along with his 2.57 ERA (136 ERA+) and 1.46 WHIP. Considering he had a very high 3.35 ratio of ground outs to air outs, with the new infield, he should improve.

He may not be worth $7.5M (he wasn't when he signed either), but he is fine for the 7th inning or to induce double play balls.

He has value, and if they trade him, they need value in return, but considering the team really had problems with the bully (and Hatcher and Peralta are not the saviors--though an improvement over Wright and Wilson) I don't understand the logic in getting rid of, maybe, the third best guy out of the pen last year.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Code:
01   Juan Nicasio
02   Adam Liberatore
03   Clayton Kershaw
04   Chris Hatcher
05   Mike Bolsinger
06   Yimi Garcia
07   Carlos Frias
08   Chris Withrow
09   Pedro Baez
10   Daniel Coulombe
11   Hyun-jin Ryu
12   Paco Rodriguez
13   Zach Lee
14   J.P. Howell
15   Zack Greinke
16   Chris Reed
17   Brandon McCarthy
18   Kenley Jansen
19   Joel Peralta
20   Brandon League
21   Yasiel Puig
22   Erisbel Arruebarrena
23   Enrique Hernandez
24   Austin Barnes
25   Kyle Jensen
26   Scott Schebler
27   Joc Pederson
28   Tim Federowicz
29   Adrian Gonzalez
30   Carl Crawford
31   Howie Kendrick
32   Andre Ethier
33   Darwin Barney
34   A.J. Ellis
35   Justin Turner
36   Matt Kemp
37   Scott Van Slyke
38   Chris Heisey
39   Juan Uribe
40   Alex Guerrero

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

kemp has arthritis in both hips it is being reported. We tried to ship out damaged goods it seems
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

Can we stick Matt at third if the trade doesnt go through?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

This Kemp medical situation is why I said the trade while not great was not bad. I think many people forgot how injury prone he is. Arthritis in both hips? Not going to get much back for that when you consider how big his contract is.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@Dodgers: While Christmas shopping today, Vin Scully lost his 1988 World Series ring. If you find it, please contact the Dodgers at (323) 224-1500.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
Quote:
@Dodgers: While Christmas shopping today, Vin Scully lost his 1988 World Series ring. If you find it, please contact the Dodgers at (323) 224-1500.

I still remember Vinny calling the Game 1 homer by Gibson. He later said that he was so electrified that he couldn't get to sleep that night.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
Page 16 of 273
Jump to: