2015 Dodgers thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 271, 272, 273  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

I like our chances against Leake but, Gnats are gonna wanna salvage 1 game at least. Wouldn't surprise me if he looks like Koufax out there tonight.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

I think we're set up pretty good after Vinny's gone unlike the Lakers with Chick. I think Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday are excellent. Rick really knows how to break the game down and makes it easy to understand for those who've never really watched/heard. I assume Steiner will take over TV duties and Monday/Kennedy will be on radio. I also really like Nomah and Bulldog doing commentary.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
I think we're set up pretty good after Vinny's gone unlike the Lakers with Chick. I think Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday are excellent. Rick really knows how to break the game down and makes it easy to understand for those who've never really watched/heard. I assume Steiner will take over TV duties and Monday/Kennedy will be on radio. I also really like Nomah and Bulldog doing commentary.

the road crew is great (i think its Nomar, Orel, and...i forgot the other guy's name). I think you're spot-on about the Lakers too - dog (bleep) announcing since Chick left and we didn't even secure Spero
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Question on the playoff format:

If the Dodgers win the division how do they determine home field advantage in the NLDS? Right now it looks like the division winners will be Cards, Dodgers and Mets.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

If the Dodgers win the division how do they determine home field advantage in the NLDS? Right now it looks like the division winners will be Cards, Dodgers and Mets.

Win loss Record
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

W-L

Cards (if they hold up with best record) will play Wild card winner. Dodgers would play Mets and the better w/l record gets homefield
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

W-L

Cards (if they hold up with best record) will play Wild card winner. Dodgers would play Mets and the better w/l record gets homefield

What if the wild card winner has a better record than the Dodgers and Mets (Division winners)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Peraza is growing on me. The play that kid made to start the double play last night was spectacular. It saved the game. He is pretty decent offensively too.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

W-L

What if the wild card winner has a better record than the Dodgers and Mets (Division winners)

Doesn't matter.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

We need to start rooting for the Mets to lose games. Right now they are 73-59 and the Dodgers are 74-57.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Peraza is growing on me. The play that kid made to start the double play last night was spectacular. It saved the game. He is pretty decent offensively too.

His speed and baserunning ability is great. Only person on the team, though we've vastly improved our aggression/baserunning past few games
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
We need to start rooting for the Mets to lose games. Right now they are 73-59 and the Dodgers are 74-57.

Is this your way of telling us you're going to post Mets' results too along with the Giants? Both unnecessary but it's a free country.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I won't post Mets results but I will be score board watching. Still a long way to go but I would prefer to open up at home for the NLDS.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

road isn't that bad. We'd be starting Kershaw or Greinke in all the road games if the Mets have home field advantage. Anderson/Wood would be at home. I bet our win probability with the mets having home field advantage would be pretty close to what it would be if we had it, if not higher.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

The Mets' pitching is legit, but their hitting is on fire right now. They're not this good. They should cool off by the playoffs.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
The Mets' pitching is legit, but their hitting is on fire right now. They're not this good. They should cool off by the playoffs.

Definitely. I have no fear facing the Mets.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

We haven't been a good road team all year especially against good teams. Right now we are 8 games under .500 on the road. That's a poor road record for a playoff contender. I would like to know our road record this year when Kershaw and Grienke pitched against good teams.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
We haven't been a good road team all year especially against good teams. Right now we are 8 games under .500 on the road. That's a poor road record for a playoff contender. I would like to know our road record this year when Kershaw and Grienke pitched against good teams.

No one has a good road record against good teams. Home Field advantage means one more game at home, that's all. My point was that having cy youngs pitch on the road might be better because we still might be favored. If we have the mid rotation guys pitch on the road, we will be big underdogs whereas they have a better shot at home. I'd still rather have home-field because Kersh and Greinke would be big favorites at home but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I wouldn't read too much into road records. I believe Kershaw had his almost perfect game in New York against the Mets.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

DM is going with a Left handed heavy lineup tonight.

Quote:
Tonight's #Dodgers lineup:

Rollins SS
Utley 2B
Gonzalez 1B
Turner 3B
Ethier RF
Crawford LF
Grandal C
Pederson CF
Kershaw P #whiff

MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

IMO, Steiner sucks hard. Absolutely awful.

However, I do like the other two-thirds of his crew, Orel and Nomar. Pair (or trio them?) them with Rick Monday, who if you listen to him and didn't know he had been a player, one might assume he was a career broadcaster. He's that polished. Kennedy is very insightful also, and he does a good job of explaining the nuts and bolts.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

He's a game changer. I'm really really curious what the Dodger starting infield is going to look like next season.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

JT with the worst stolen base of all time.

LOL

---George Carlin
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Another wasted opportunity to score a run. This team is pathetic with RISP.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

CK looking great, but we really need to be scoring more runs for him.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
JT with the worst stolen base of all time.

LOL

indeed. Here's a link for those that can't watch -

http://gfycat.com/SilentBasicAnkolewatusi

Sadly, it doesn't show his pathetic slide.

EDIT - better link

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CN8uE0VVAAEz1OW.mp4
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
Page 160 of 273
Jump to: