kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:
The Dodgers lose but the kids (Guerrero, 2; Peterson, 2; and Seager, 1) go 5-5

Yep, right now its about theyhoungster playing well.

Sucks that Seager basically has no chance to make the squad right now. Kinda sucks, if he's good then play him NOW.

Why? You have Uribe and Turner who can platoon at 3B. Why waste a year of control on Seager by bringing him up early.

Seager will have every opportunity to win the starting gig at SS or 3B next year when Uribe and Rollins are FAs
because if he's better then them and has the potential to be, i dont see why you wait. I dont care who is on the roster, if they are good and they can be better, then you play them and thats it.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Sucks that Seager basically has no chance to make the squad right now. Kinda sucks, if he's good then play him NOW.

Why? You have Uribe and Turner who can platoon at 3B. Why waste a year of control on Seager by bringing him up early.

Seager will have every opportunity to win the starting gig at SS or 3B next year when Uribe and Rollins are FAs
because if he's better then them and has the potential to be, i dont see why you wait. I dont care who is on the roster, if they are good and they can be better, then you play them and thats it.

[Insult deleted]
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Seeing tweets about Olivera possibly needing Tommy John surgery due to ucl injury. He's already 29. This sucks. I was thinking we'd definitely get him.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:

SMH .. you don't know baseball.
I bet i know more then you. I started watchign baseball at at 7 back in like 1982, i live and breathed the damn sport as as kid, I played everyday as a kid. as i got older, i continued to watch all baseball games. I watch it at all times.

I was even watching MLB network and they were talking about the same thing. I dont know why kids stay down to long if they are tearing it up in the minors and in preseason. Why not see what they have?

Mike Trout did it. Kershaw did it and plenty of other young players. Julio Urias will be in the majors by the time he's 20. Ken Griffey JR did it. I understand if guys are struggling, maybe they n eed to get some things corrected, but if they arent, then why? all you are doing is hurting your team by not playing the best players.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
Seeing tweets about Olivera possibly needing Tommy John surgery due to ucl injury. He's already 29. This sucks. I was thinking we'd definitely get him.

He's also had problems in his other arms. Not too good to have an injury history even before the grind of a 162 game season. That said, it could lower his value. He's already past 23 so he wouldn't count towards international-amateur budget anyways. Possibility of signing him, letting him rehab in the minors, then bring him up for a few years.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw is so filthy: http://i.imgur.com/lAfL1OU.jpg
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Man, I hope he gets those monkeys off his back this year. If management can swing a deal near the TD for a slugger in the outfield to provide a boost (ala Manny Ramirez), this team could go places.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I bet i know more then you. I started watchign baseball at at 7 back in like 1982, i live and breathed the damn sport as as kid, I played everyday as a kid. as i got older, i continued to watch all baseball games. I watch it at all times.

I was even watching MLB network and they were talking about the same thing. I dont know why kids stay down to long if they are tearing it up in the minors and in preseason. Why not see what they have?

Mike Trout did it. Kershaw did it and plenty of other young players. Julio Urias will be in the majors by the time he's 20. Ken Griffey JR did it. I understand if guys are struggling, maybe they n eed to get some things corrected, but if they arent, then why? all you are doing is hurting your team by not playing the best players.

Been watching since 87' so you don't have much on me. But that's just a pissing contest.

I am saying there is no rush for Seager. Is it detrimental for him to spend another season honing his skills at SS and getting more ABs?

Look at the situation of the team. Rollins is a solid vet with 1 year left on his deal at SS. 3B is platooned by Uribe and Turner who both have 1 yr left.

What's the point of burning a year of control the Dodgers have on Seager and letting him pinch hit and play in 40-50 games????

Makes NO SENSE. Guys that come up at 20 are fulfilling a need plain and simple.
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

That's worth $200M right there.
#Avatar-gate
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Been watching since 87' so you don't have much on me. But that's just a pissing contest.

I am saying there is no rush for Seager. Is it detrimental for him to spend another season honing his skills at SS and getting more ABs?

Look at the situation of the team. Rollins is a solid vet with 1 year left on his deal at SS. 3B is platooned by Uribe and Turner who both have 1 yr left.

What's the point of burning a year of control the Dodgers have on Seager and letting him pinch hit and play in 40-50 games????

I dont give a (bleep) about rollings or uribe if this kid has the potential to be great. Im almost 40 years old so i could say im an old school kind of baseball mentality, but with this, i dont. Im all for lettting guys play if they are gifted enough to play.

I dont see a reason to hold people back unless they are pitchers that need it. I hate that people get held back because some 38 year old vet on his last legs can do the job done ok even though he's beeni n a massive decline.. If this kid can be better, then go for it. He's the number 1 Dodgers prospect. hell, his older brother admits his bro is better then him. he will be 21 next month. let him play.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I dont give a (bleep) about rollings or uribe if this kid has the potential to be great. Im almost 40 years old so i could say im an old school kind of baseball mentality, but with this, i dont. Im all for lettting guys play if they are gifted enough to play.

I dont see a reason to hold people back unless they are pitchers that need it. I hate that people get held back because some 38 year old vet on his last legs can do the job done ok even though he's beeni n a massive decline.. If this kid can be better, then go for it. He's the number 1 Dodgers prospect. hell, his older brother admits his bro is better then him. he will be 21 next month. let him play.

Agreed, especially since we don't know when AGon will drop off a cliff due to age. We also don't know if Zach will be back next year (he's for SURE opting out after this year). You always try to win immediately if you have the pieces for it. The only prospects that are worth protecting are pitchers, and we even did that with Kershaw by starting him out of the bullpen. I can see us doing that with Urias as early as this summer after the break.

Uribe has a tendency to get hurt and Turner will probably not replicate his 2014 season, so I hope we see Seager sooner rather than later.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Agreed, especially since we don't know when AGon will drop off a cliff due to age. We also don't know if Zach will be back next year (he's for SURE opting out after this year). You always try to win immediately if you have the pieces for it. The only prospects that are worth protecting are pitchers, and we even did that with Kershaw by starting him out of the bullpen. I can see us doing that with Urias as early as this summer after the break.

Uribe has a tendency to get hurt and Turner will probably not replicate his 2014 season, so I hope we see Seager sooner rather than later.

While Adrian's power is certainly nowhere near his hitting 40 in Petco, I think his skill-set is still enough for another 2-3 years to be worth it. But otherwise, I agree. Though you have a 36 year old SS who's really about to go lemming. Both Uribe and Turner's offense are unstable and now we don't have the kind of lineup that can make things easier on them. Even Puig now has his concerns as that post-AS slump has a lot of red flags (pitchers throwing fb's outside to great effect for instance).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

While Adrian's power is certainly nowhere near his hitting 40 in Petco, I think his skill-set is still enough for another 2-3 years to be worth it. But otherwise, I agree. Though you have a 36 year old SS who's really about to go lemming. Both Uribe and Turner's offense are unstable and now we don't have the kind of lineup that can make things easier on them. Even Puig now has his concerns as that post-AS slump has a lot of red flags (pitchers throwing fb's outside to great effect for instance).

I think Puigs might be due to al ong season and its his first time playing that many games. We will see.

Other then that, I dont see why you hold Seagar back if the kid can play. Get him some at bats, if he struggles send him down. If he doesnt have the mentality to bounce back after that,t hen he wasnt worth it to begin with.

I also expect Urias to be called up for Sept. I think he's just goign to dominate in the minors to the point where they dont really have a choice and he's not learning anything in the minors anymore. We will see though.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Seagar already with a walk off, but nope, lets not see what he can do, lets keep him in the minors because he's 1 month from 21 years old! Makes 0 sense.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
Seagar already with a walk off, but nope, lets not see what he can do, lets keep him in the minors because he's 1 month from 21 years old! Makes 0 sense.

I just hope that when they do bring him up, it's to start for good. No use starting his clock to be a bench warmer.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

oh, the dodgers played today? thats great. wish i could have seen it here in the greater LA Area.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

I just hope that when they do bring him up, it's to start for good. No use starting his clock to be a bench warmer.

And this is something that kcxiv who has been watching baseball for 30 yrs fails to grasp.
#Avatar-gate

Last edited by KobeRe-Loaded on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

There is no sense trying to predict what will happen and what will be needed. Let's keep it simple. There seems to be plenty of options for third and maybe even second. But short will depend on Rollins and Seager. If Rollins is healthy and plays well, he will be the shortstop. If he struggles or is hurt, and Seagar is playing well, he will likely be called up.

The Dodgers have great depth in their position players. As they say, you can't have enough pitching and I still wonder how this will play out, especially the bully early on.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

About to get ready to go do a stadium tour. I've been wanting to do this for a few years now.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

Yep. Though I think if he is given time, he'll lock up the position.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

And this is something that kcxiv who has been watching baseball for 30 yrs fails to grasp.
Baseball is the only sport where this (bleep) happens, basketball, if your good, you start pretty much right away, football? the same thing you start right away. Baseball? nope, because its the oldest sport and it's (bleep) tradition. Football used to be like that though, not anymore though.

Baseball will get axe that sooner or later though. Guys like Trout will change GM's and Managers minds. IM glad that the guys on MLB Network are talking about this too!
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Sweet sight.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/111946652/dodgers-yasiel-puig-hits-first-home-run-of-spring

Great pitching today for dem bums except for one guy . . . League: 1/3 inn, 5 earned runs. Needless to say, not good for a bully already hurt.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Sweet sight.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/111946652/dodgers-yasiel-puig-hits-first-home-run-of-spring

Great pitching today for dem bums except for one guy . . . League: 1/3 inn, 5 earned runs. Needless to say, not good for a bully already hurt.

Was it a crucial game? Only explanation for League's performance.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Overall, I like this team better than last year's team.
Concerns at CF, Joc should start but questions on his production at the next level, maturity, etc.
The $56M question (Ethier), Crawford's health/production, backups for Uribe and JRoll (call up Seager?), middle relief and closer for the first couple months with Jansen injured.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"You want to make sure he fully develops. There's more for him to pick up," said Mattingly. "If the situation was different, I'm not sure you wouldn't just throw him in and let him play and get the experience here. But that's not the situation here."

So, because of Rollins signing, they are keeping him down basically! This is basically saying, the kid is ready for the majors right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 271, 272, 273  Next
Page 21 of 273
Jump to: