Derrick Rose sprains both ankles, says don't worry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
Sigh....love d rose but dont think he's the brightest...

I mean, he had to cheat on the ACTs just to get into college on a basketball scholarship. It's no secret that he's dumb as a bag of bricks.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

Rose says it's minor... which means another 2 games out just to be on the safe side.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Rose says it's minor... which means another 2 games out just to be on the safe side.

It's okay, though. He'll be comfortable at his kid's graduation in twenty years.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

DRose vs Kobe
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Rose missed the game today. Bulls lose 99-90 to the Pacers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject:

This guy misses the most games out of anybody for injuries classified as "minor." Can't believe he still hasn't played. They lost to Sacto. After 19 years of Kobe, I can't imagine having someone like Rose take over. This must be frustrating as heck for Bulls fans.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
This guy misses the most games out of anybody for injuries classified as "minor." Can't believe he still hasn't played. They lost to Sacto. After 19 years of Kobe, I can't imagine having someone like Rose take over. This must be frustrating as heck for Bulls fans.

Regular season I wouldn't worry too much.

But I'd be worried in the postseason if I were a Bulls fans, sitting out a playoff game would be rough.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

^He sat out the entire postseason in 2013 when he could have played against the Miami Heat.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
^He sat out the entire postseason in 2013 when he could have played against the Miami Heat.

Yea, but I think he could always stand behind those being serious injuries.

I meant more along the lines if he tweaks his ankle or something "non-serious", and he sits out a game.

Bulls fans might fling themselves of the roof of the United Center if he did that in the playoffs.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Yea, but I think he could always stand behind those being serious injuries.

I meant more along the lines if he tweaks his ankle or something "non-serious", and he sits out a game.

Bulls fans might fling themselves of the roof of the United Center if he did that in the playoffs.

Rose was cleared to play two months before he sat out the series against Brooklyn and Miami. He was practicing even longer than that and was dominating practices. He just flat out decided not to play. People were furious with him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject:

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-says-76-law-enforcement-officers-died-in-line-of-duty-in-2013-195926706.html

This article and other lower paying jobs such as firefighters, military people, doctors putting their lives on the line in 3rd world countries, etc. is why Derek Rose's statement is idiotic.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Rose is playing tonight and has 13 points at halftime. I'm surprised.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject:

Thibs... always making sure Rose gets the message.

"Oh I don't know. Jesus. He's got to get out there and play," Thibodeau said. "I thought he did a lot of good things. You could see he's not real comfortable with the ball yet, but that will come. When Derrick strings some games together, he's going to take off. He's got to go. That's the bottom line. He's got to go."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11933327/derrick-rose-pau-gasol-chicago-bulls-lineup-utah-jazz
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Again!?

Quote:
DENVER -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose re-injured his left hamstring in the first half of Tuesday night's game against the Denver Nuggets and did not return as the Bulls fell 114-109.

The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness.

Rose was 1-for-4 from the field for two points in 10 minutes, but was not aggressive when he was on the floor.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11939920&city=chicago&src=desktop
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Again!?

Quote:
DENVER -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose re-injured his left hamstring in the first half of Tuesday night's game against the Denver Nuggets and did not return as the Bulls fell 114-109.

The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness.

Rose was 1-for-4 from the field for two points in 10 minutes, but was not aggressive when he was on the floor.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11939920&city=chicago&src=desktop

Damn, you can't make his stuff up.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Looks like they changed the article. Here's a little of what is different (same link).

Quote:
The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness, but Rose said after the game his hamstring was fine and he did not have a setback. He was "just trying to be smart" given his recent injury history.

"It wasn't nothing like I'm limping or I pulled it or anything, it wasn't any of that," Rose said. "It was just that I wasn't moving the way I wanted to while I was on the floor. So why push through it when I wasn't able to affect the game the way I wanted to? I came in here and talked to [Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau] and we both agreed on just sitting out."
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Looks like they changed the article. Here's a little of what is different (same link).

Quote:
The Bulls officially listed the injury as left hamstring tightness, but Rose said after the game his hamstring was fine and he did not have a setback. He was "just trying to be smart" given his recent injury history.

"It wasn't nothing like I'm limping or I pulled it or anything, it wasn't any of that," Rose said. "It was just that I wasn't moving the way I wanted to while I was on the floor. So why push through it when I wasn't able to affect the game the way I wanted to? I came in here and talked to [Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau] and we both agreed on just sitting out."

Seems to me he's worried about looking pretty on the court. If he's not the MVP Rose, he doesn't want to go. They should put a muzzle on him. He shouldn't say it's nothing. Give your Bulls fans a REAL reason for not playing even if you have to lie.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Quote:

Seems to me he's worried about looking pretty on the court. If he's not the MVP Rose, he doesn't want to go. They should put a muzzle on him. He shouldn't say it's nothing. Give your Bulls fans a REAL reason for not playing even if you have to lie.

Hell with that put a bow on him and trade him for some assets. He's doing you no good now.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject:

Rose is reaching an unstandable point. When he is injured, he can´t play. When he is not injured, he usually does not play because he´s afraid to get injured. When he is not injured and finally plays, he says he´s got to be careful because he does not want to end up his career with a damaged body that would not allow him to lead a normal life after retirement.

Jeez...
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Hell with that put a bow on him and trade him for some assets. He's doing you no good now.

What team is going to take on the risk of paying Derrick Rose twenty million to play sporadically? It's not as if he's lighting the world on fire right now.

His season stats so far are 16.2 points, 5.1 assists, and 3.1 boards on 42/32/76 splits. He's not even a top five point guard in the East right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: