+++++ LAKERS -at- WARRIORS - 11/1/2014 +++++ KEYS TO THE GAME (and GAME THREAD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Everyone got selfish gene inside, Kobe just let it dominant in this game. Hero ball may win you a game, but never a championship. That's the difference between LBJ and Melo. Kobe in this game is even worse than Melo and Harden.

After 19 years in the NBA, Kobe still can't play team basketball consistently. He should never be compared to MJ, and even LBJ is doing better than him on it.

LBJ has always been the most team of the three players. He used to get criticized for not taking over the game in the crucial moments and passing. Kobe has exceptional basketball skills, passing and court vision is one of them, but sometimes just goes into one-man show mode. Still, he doesn't always do it, there are times when he'll get others involved.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Everyone got selfish gene inside, Kobe just let it dominant in this game. Hero ball may win you a game, but never a championship. That's the difference between LBJ and Melo. Kobe in this game is even worse than Melo and Harden.

Brilliant. And, yet, out of all the players mentioned, Kobe has experienced the most success. I guess "hero ball" isn't the kiss of death after all.

Kobe met prime Shaq and Jackson. If Kobe embrace team basketball more, he would very likely to have more titles on hand.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Kobe met prime Shaq and Jackson. If Kobe embrace team basketball more, he would very likely to have more titles on hand.

http://replygif.net/i/166.gif
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

All the talk about being last in defense, and giving up this many points, etc. Is all overblown. As of last night, the Lakers were the only team to have played 4 games. 4 games against prolific 3 point shooting teams. I'm talking 30 a game. The defensive effort was there, but what were you really expecting in the first 4 games over a 5 night period, against those particular opponents, at this point in the season for this team? Those same teams are gonna light up other teams at the same or worse clips over the course of the season. It's just glaring right now, because it's the Lakers and we were the only team served up with an opening week like that. The sample size is so small and warped, nobody can call us "a bad" or "the worse" anything with any real objectivity at this point in the season. It will even out as we get to face our share of cellar dwellers and less offensively prolific teams too.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

THE_TWELFTH wrote:
All the talk about being last in defense, and giving up this many points, etc. Is all overblown. As of last night, the Lakers were the only team to have played 4 games. 4 games against prolific 3 point shooting teams. I'm talking 30 a game. The defensive effort was there, but what were you really expecting in the first 4 games over a 5 night period, against those particular opponents, at this point in the season for this team? Those same teams are gonna light up other teams at the same or worse clips over the course of the season. It's just glaring right now, because it's the Lakers and we were the only team served up with an opening week like that. The sample size is so small and warped, nobody can call us "a bad" or "the worse" anything with any real objectivity at this point in the season. It will even out as we get to face our share of cellar dwellers and less offensively prolific teams too.

You have to wonder what these NBA schedulers were thinking when they gathered around the table in the summer.

"Hey, I know that the Laker's had their worst record ever in recent history last season, but lets see if we can get them down to less than 20 wins this season by starting them off with the most horrific schedule any team has ever seen."
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Baxter Holmes @BaxterHolmes · 22h 22 hours ago
Kobe: "I think the narrative is changing. I’m very pleased with that. It’s moving away from, ‘Can I be the player that I was to...” (Part 1)

Baxter Holmes @BaxterHolmes · 22h 22 hours ago
Kobe: "…what are we going to do with this team, how are we going to figure out how to win.' Which is what the conversation should be about."
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
THE_TWELFTH wrote:

You have to wonder what these NBA schedulers were thinking when they gathered around the table in the summer.

"Hey, I know that the Laker's had their worst record ever in recent history last season, but lets see if we can get them down to less than 20 wins this season by starting them off with the most horrific schedule any team has ever seen."

It's mostly based on some sort of algorithm that factors in arena availability, distance, so forth. The teams they have played so far rank 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 9th, and the 3rd and 4th were home games so its not really that bad. Plus It all evens out in the end. The issue is that every game looks like a tough matchup on paper with this team.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:

After 19 years in the NBA, Kobe still can't play team basketball consistently. He should never be compared to MJ, and even LBJ is doing better than him on it.

http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/KobeStans.jpg
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

In the post game interview, when asked if he was bothered by the 0 - 4 start, Kobe sarcastically said he was "festively jovial"

Kobe is a funny cat. My biggest concern is not the hero ball, but the TO's that result from it. I think we've shown improvement, but we don't look fluid at any point on the floor. Hill looks good though.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

If Dwade or LBJ were put into the same situation of prime Shaq and Jackson like Kobe, they would have more titles. Leaving Shaq and Jackson, Kobe's achievement is not much better than Melo and TMac.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

If Dwade or LBJ were put into the same situation of prime Shaq and Jackson like Kobe, they would have more titles. Leaving Shaq and Jackson, Kobe's achievement is not much better than Melo and TMac.

Check the stats and individual accomplishments, Melo and TMac are not in the same ball park as Kobe Bean Bryant, take your hyperbole somewhere else, it doesn't belong here.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
stojan1993
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Stop trolling, you are not as anoying or funny as you are atempting to be.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
fafan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
At least Kobe had a good game.

12-28, 1-6 for 3s, 3-6 FTM, 7 turn overs.

I believe he's putiing Kobe's play in perspective.

Playing a 4th game, in 5 nights, on the back end of a back to back, after a hard fought game against the Clippers, against the young, fresh legs of teh Warriors....

Taking all that into consideration, than yes, Kobe had a "good" game.

Those numbers in a vacuum, then Kobe was just decent.

Tired legs led to tired basketball for the whole team, down the stretch.

Where the Lakers had to really work for their points, the Warriors ran their offense almost seamlessly. That's the difference between a Laker team trying to find their identity, and a Warrior team with their identity firmly established.

ZOOM!

We are talking the 4th game of the regular season here...off an Achilles injury...on a back to back game...with byron just starting to ease his minutes up to 36mpg.

Kobe has been amazing putting everything into perspective...and he's only going to get better with each game.

Stop calling that game a good game for Kobe standards. He was horrible for three quarters and was good one quarter when he got really hot but completely forgot he had teammates and litteraly took every shots down the court.

I put this loss on Kobe. I expect the others to have bad games and be inconsistent, he should show the way every night and if he's tired he doesn't have to jack up 28 shots...

Yeah, it's all kobe's fault they lost by 23. you people are ridiculous.

The team fell asleep watching Kobe chucking. The game was close in the first half and it wasn't because of him. The least he can do when he gets hot and commands double team is share the ball. And I love Kobe but 12/28 and 6 TO is pretty terrible.

Yes, they gave up 127 points because of Bryant shooting a lot and not because they're a terrible team playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on the road against one of the best offenses in the league. lol this place is funny.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:

5 rings. 7 Finals. But I'm sure you know better than him right.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Check the stats and individual accomplishments, Melo and TMac are not in the same ball park as Kobe Bean Bryant, take your hyperbole somewhere else, it doesn't belong here.

Of course, Kobe's better than both, and is one of the great of all time. I just try to point out that he can be more complete if he play team basketball more consistently.

Just like Tim Duncan, plays team basketball consistently and always makes his teammates better. Tony Parker, Manu, leonard like players flourish as TD always share the stage.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

How about the years without Jackson and Shaq?
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
fafan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Playing a 4th game, in 5 nights, on the back end of a back to back, after a hard fought game against the Clippers, against the young, fresh legs of teh Warriors....

Where the Lakers had to really work for their points, the Warriors ran their offense almost seamlessly. That's the difference between a Laker team trying to find their identity, and a Warrior team with their identity firmly established.

ZOOM!

We are talking the 4th game of the regular season here...off an Achilles injury...on a back to back game...with byron just starting to ease his minutes up to 36mpg.

Kobe has been amazing putting everything into perspective...and he's only going to get better with each game.

Stop calling that game a good game for Kobe standards. He was horrible for three quarters and was good one quarter when he got really hot but completely forgot he had teammates and litteraly took every shots down the court.

I put this loss on Kobe. I expect the others to have bad games and be inconsistent, he should show the way every night and if he's tired he doesn't have to jack up 28 shots...

The team fell asleep watching Kobe chucking. The game was close in the first half and it wasn't because of him. The least he can do when he gets hot and commands double team is share the ball. And I love Kobe but 12/28 and 6 TO is pretty terrible.

Yes, they gave up 127 points because of Bryant shooting a lot and not because they're a terrible team playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on the road against one of the best offenses in the league. lol this place is funny.

Team played great team basketball the game before and 1st quarter of this one. All start from Kobe's initiation and stop when Kobe start play hero ball in the 2nd quarter of this game.

Kobe is the big big boss of this team, when he play team basketball, everyone follows and when he do the opposite, no one can stop him and go passive.

Kobe did excellent job in the game with Clippers and dished 7 assists, but stop doing the same in this game. He did not allow himself to have an off night and ruined team ball to get back his rhythm. He did that in the 3rd quarter and found his rhythm while the team's rhythm lost.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
fafan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

ZOOM!

You take it too literraly. I just don't think Kobe maximised our chances to win this game with his performance... And that's what I expect him to do.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Of course, Kobe's better than both, and is one of the great of all time. I just try to point out that he can be more complete if he play team basketball more consistently.

That I agree with, but don't compare Kobe with Tmac and Carmelo. Tmac had Yao Ming and did squat, you don't know what he would've done with Prime Shaq, and you don't know what Melo would have done with Shaq either. It takes a special type of player to win with an egomanic big baby like Shaq ask Penny.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
I agree with both Treble Clef and zePokar, Kobe freezing out his teammates trying to win a game by himself is a recipe for disaster not only will it deplete their confidence and team morale but it will wear Kobe out and make him unable to perform when we do need him to help close teams out in the 4th quarter

I agree. Concurrently there is something just wrong with the Lakers offensive sets. Very few transition points of which Lin is usually excellent and if they are running the triangle its not working. The middle is often clogged and perimeter shooters rarely get easy open looks. And the team D is just not there often enough, e.g. Thompson getting to the basket. Guards even "defensive specialists" often get beat off the dribble. Without secondary help it will be no better than last year.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Wow! Are you saying every great player needs help? DUH. How did Jordan do without Pippen and Jackson? How did LeBron do without Bosh and Wade? That's what I thought. Your logic is ridiculously silly. Nobody is winning with the bottom 3 roster in the league the Lakers have now.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Wow! Are you saying every great player needs help? DUH. How did Jordan do without Pippen and Jackson? How did LeBron do without Bosh and Wade? That's what I thought. Your logic is ridiculously silly. Nobody is winning with the bottom 3 roster in the league the Lakers have now.

Jordan and LBJ's team would still be competitive losing their 2nd best or even 3rd 4th best players together, might not be a title contender, but a competitive team still.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Jordan and LBJ's team would still be competitive losing their 2nd best or even 3rd 4th best players together, might not be a title contender, but a competitive team still.

Based on what example?
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Based on what example?

LBJ without all star bosh and wade in cavalier still challenging the titles for multiple years.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
MorlockO wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:

Based on what example?

LBJ without all star bosh and wade in cavalier still challenging the titles for multiple years.

How many Finals appearances on a weak eastern conference?

He was also always surrounded by vets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58
Jump to: