+++ Lakers vs Suns +++ Season Starts Today! 11/4/14 7:30pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Hey, were only 5 games back from Houston.....
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

If it's gonna be like this I want Kobe shooting all the shots. Go for the Wilt record, lol.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
If it's gonna be like this I want Kobe shooting all the shots. Go for the Wilt record, lol.

Or everyone takes turn and have their career high...
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
You won't believe this but Kobe shot at a higher percentage than Lebron today.

Lebron's legs are just as tired as Kobe's....

Well if Lebron came to the Lakers in Free agency, we wouldn't have this problem would we?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe did shoot poorly... and a lot.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

if kobe would have shot 7 shots less and JLin 7 shots more--the lakers win this one. godddamnit this one sucked to lose. jeremy has to get 10 FGA a game. would've helped if BS brought him back a little sooner. he was parading to the FT line late to bring them back. not enough aggression. MOAR!
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
songunsw wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
how open do you need to be for Kobe to pass you the ball?

Jeremy was wide open basically EVERY PHX run into Kobe.

and Kobe still decided to shot a contested shot on a 1 on 5 and miss.

It seems Kobe only cares his own stats. He has to understand no team can win without playing like a team!!

And how would they do that? They don't have anybody going on the offense...Boozer can't post up, Wes Johnson stinks, Lin passes up way too many shooting opportunities and ends up dumping it to Boozer or Hill.

In the fourth, Lin scored about half as much as Kobe, who took six times as many shots. The problem wasn't Lin passing up opportunities, it was Kobe going 1 on 3 every time down the court.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I really think Kobe needs to shoot more. At least 20 shots per half. But at the same time his minutes should be reduced to 35mpg.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

He shot a higher percentage than a lot of players did today but who cares. 37 shots is way too many.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject:

This team is all talk at this point. Boozer is all talk, Byron is all talk, even Kobe is all talk. I'am sure tomorrow he'll have an interview and he'll talk about how they're trying to figure things out and how they want to play as a team and that they're dogs on defense.

Then he'll go into the game and jack up 37 shots on a very low efficiency and have one assist and that will be it. Can't believe someone as smart as him thinks they have a shot at winning a game playing like that. He probably just doesn't give a (bleep) anymore actually.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Any post-game interview link, preferably on Youtube??
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

He shot a higher percentage than a lot of players did today but who cares. 37 shots is way too many.

At 38% Kobe's average was higher than others tonight, sure. But it was lower than Lin (50%), Boozer (46%), Ellington (43%) and Hill (40%). Those guys were all out on the court with him tonight and he should have considered getting them a bit more involved.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Basically he freeze every of his teammate. The Offense was stagnant again. With 4 points down, Lin wide open on the corner, three defenders on him, he did not pass, he forced the shot, did not go in, tucker 3, game over...
This is how disruptive Kobe can be at times, coach is not holding him accountable
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

At 38% Kobe's average was higher than others tonight, sure. But it was lower than Lin (50%), Boozer (46%), Ellington (43%) and Hill (40%). Those guys were all out on the court with him tonight and he should have considered getting them a bit more involved.

I know what I'm saying was it was higher than Lebron's. It's an interesting example I think.

37 shots isn't a bad thing coming from your best player. Lebron defers to his teammates after shooting poorly and they lose by 20. Kobe shoots 37 shots and we were competitive the whole game.

Be an interesting stat to see how many put backs we got on Kobe's misses since he attracts so much attention. As long as Kobe's shots are within the half court offense, they are good shots imo.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

I know what I'm saying was it was higher than Lebron's. It's an interesting example I think.

If he played like a teammate, it should have been a win.
37 shots isn't a bad thing coming from your best player. Lebron defers to his teammates after shooting poorly and they lose by 20. Kobe shoots 37 shots and we were competitive the whole game.

Be an interesting stat to see how many put backs we got on Kobe's misses since he attracts so much attention. As long as Kobe's shots are within the half court offense, they are good shots imo.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Be an interesting stat to see how many put backs we got on Kobe's misses since he attracts so much attention.

So LeBron and Kobe both had forgettable games. Cool.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject:

In the end, the Lakers still lost
everything else is window dressing
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
MJST wrote:
One question.

If we had Nick Young would we have won this game?

Can Nick Young play defense? Because thats your answer.

Defense wasn't the biggest issue today.

Twas free throws and momentum plays and dry spells offensively in the 2nd quarter. Other than that we played them pretty well the entire night. Probably would trust Young with the offense more than Ellington at some points and I'm sure Kobe would too.

But a majority of Kobe's forces were him trying to force the refs the blow the whistle.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Be an interesting stat to see how many put backs we got on Kobe's misses since he attracts so much attention.

So LeBron and Kobe both had forgettable games. Cool.

If it isn't obvious, I'm trying to show you why Kobe has more championships than Lebron. Lebron is going to shy away at a certain point because he was shooting poorly...and he will be less aggressive which is more detrimental to the team than just having a bad shooting night. He will defer when the game is tough for him.

Kobe will keep being aggressive regardless if he shoots poorly or not. If you are the best player on the team, you need to be aggressive the whole game. The only reason the Lakers had a fighting chance this game was because Kobe was aggressive. If Kobe didn't play we probably would have lost the game by 30 points.

When Lebron isn't aggressive, that's what happens...Portland took advantage, and won by 20.

If Kobe had the mental midget mentality that some of you guys want him to have, he wouldn't have 5 rings.

Last edited by Jeggs on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:

Kobe is our best player, but let's leave that aside for a second.

Basketball is fundamentally a game of statistics, and taking low percentage shots will not win a game, no matter how many of those you take.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Basketball is fundamentally a game of statistics, and taking low percentage shots will not win a game, no matter how many of those you take.

If it was fundamentally about statistics, mathematicians would be playing out there. Basketball has nothing to do with statistics....Fantasy basketball is fundamentally about statistics. You've never played ball at any competitive level it would seem.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Too bad percentages don't tell the entire story....Volume shooters will never have the highest percentages on the team. That doesn't mean they aren't the best player on the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
appwrangler wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

If it was fundamentally about statistics, mathematicians would be playing out there. Basketball has nothing to do with statistics....Fantasy basketball is fundamentally about statistics. You've never played ball at any competitive level it would seem.

Exactly, too many people watch the stat lines instead of the game.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

appwrangler wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

This is what you don't get. Your looking at the stat sheet. The reality is these guys can't create their own shots. And when they realize it, there is 5 seconds left on the shot clock, looking to pass to Kobe for the bail out.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
I really think Kobe needs to shoot more. At least 20 shots per half. But at the same time his minutes should be reduced to 35mpg.
Kobe won't make it through Jan if he plays this many minutes and shoot so many shots. I think it could hurt his legacy as well, trying to chase records shooting 40% on a bad team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43
Jump to: