Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

angus wrote:
... lin has roller coaster games because he's never been given the chance since the Knicks to be trusted to be a/the leader of the team and is yanked in and out to not allow him to get on a roll... Byron Scott needs to remember that while Boozer and Bryant at their age and stage of career need all that rest on the bench, no need to limit Lin's minutes, and lets stop seeming like we're stetching to make Price the co-leading-PG of the team

I'd rather Lin rest in the first half than second. Looking at Rose (I know, always injured), Westbrook, Rubio maybe it is good not to play Lin more than 33 minutes. He plays hard, falls hard, gets fouled hard. He played a lot in the 4th tonight and Ronnie did fine while he was in. Kobe and Lin have to stay healthy, at least until Young gets back and hopefully not be out for long if at all in the season.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Hurray! We finally won a game. Lin has a good game. But it can be better if the bigs are more willing to set high picks for him. We have been saying a lot that Davis needs to start with Lin and they will p&r all day. But Scott seems deaf to the voice of the fans, still starting Boozer. Come on Scott, the attacking guards of today need someone to set high picks. We may not be too lucky to have a weak opponent next time. Lin needs his bigs to set picks to attack. Don't blame him for hesitation if Scott fails to help him. But let's celebrate this win when it lasts. Go Lakers.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Today was a good team effort. But, yes Lin is unusual. Not going to be like Kobe, but difinitely can keep game going if he is trusted. Starters gelling a bit more.

autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
driver wrote:
I remember people saying earlier in this topic Lin was no good...

You have to get used to how Lin plays. He's unorthodox and he isn't really like a PG or an SG, he's something in between. He played well enough tonight but this still isn't a Lin A game and as I was trying to tell the board, he comes alive in the 2nd half, 4th quarter particularly and makes clutch plays.

I don't like the jump and at the last moment pass on the way down habit he does, don't know why he does that and sometimes he still dribbles too much but he played a good B B+ game and pretty much took care of the ball (not forcing bad passes, handling double teams well tonight especially)
you have really summed lin up in a nutshell. he is a good player and learning. once he becomes consistent he will become dangerous and lakers will win games. this team desperately needs a good pg, it's up to lin to seize the opportunity he has in front of him and really no excuses this time regarding coaches, etc because scott is sticking with him. i hope all goes well with him and he continues this.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/charles-barkley-ice-cream-and-churros.png

Saved him!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
This win is due 60% to the determination and performance of Jeremy Lin, 20% due to Boozer, Hill, Davis and Sacre, 10% Kobe for letting the tea win instead of shooting for 30 points and 10% for the others who fought hard.

LINK

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

angus wrote:
Can someone please explain why Ed Davis is only averaging 20 minutes a game (and only 22 tonight despite 100% shooting) and players like Wes get 35 minutes a game (more than any other player)?

Theres your answer....
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

Nick Young is injured so they have to play him lots of minutes.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

hopandskip wrote:
Boozer is the key to getting the offense going. Gotta run plays for him or he disappears. He Kobe and Lin worked well off one another. And Hill in the high post worked too.

Sorry man. I stopped reading at "Boozer is the key" ...

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

@eddavis32: Charles your fat a$$ can eat now
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
It was a good win against a bad offensive team in the Hornets. Enjoy this one because there won't be many wins with how tough the schedule is.

That's the spirit!
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
diando wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
How about that new server, tho?

The Server is DA REAL MVP!!
the new server was why we won tonight.. it didn't go down tonight, lakers / server = no frustration.

I freaking damn agree!
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Beethoven22 wrote:
emjacl wrote:
This win is due 60% to the determination and performance of Jeremy Lin, 20% due to Boozer, Hill, Davis and Sacre, 10% Kobe for letting the tea win instead of shooting for 30 points and 10% for the others who fought hard.

that's not true. Lin played a very good game today, but boozer, hill, davis, and price also played well today. No way lin can win this alone.

Teamwork and determination won the game today

If people follow Lin's game. You should notice that usually when he play well and win, it is a team win. He usually not take away other people's shot to have high scoring game. When people see he play well and score a lot, it usually means he is being very efficient and making a lot of his shot or shooting a lot of FT.

Which means that his teammate all have a fair chance of scoring

During Linsanity he would score a lot but at the same time Tyson would have double digit, Steve Novak become very deadly, etc...

So more often then not, when Lin was the player of the game, it would be a team win.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Only his third tweet since August.

And I thought I could not like Ed Davis any more than I did already.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Get Em ED!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The new Wes looked a lot like the old Wes, but great win today as the rest of the lot stepped up. Great game for Lin today, and Boozer killed it in the third quarter. Ed Davis continues to be an amazing pickup.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

back2backlakers2010 wrote:
autoprt wrote:
diando wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
How about that new server, tho?

The Server is DA REAL MVP!!
the new server was why we won tonight.. it didn't go down tonight, lakers / server = no frustration.

I freaking damn agree!

Can't agree more
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

FEED CHUCK TACOS!!!!!!

LINSANITY is exactly what this team needs to win. Jeremy > 10 FGA = VERY GOOD FOR THE TEAM.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
bws94 wrote:
driver wrote:
I remember people saying earlier in this topic Lin was no good...

You have to get used to how Lin plays. He's unorthodox and he isn't really like a PG or an SG, he's something in between. He played well enough tonight but this still isn't a Lin A game and as I was trying to tell the board, he comes alive in the 2nd half, 4th quarter particularly and makes clutch plays.

I don't like the jump and at the last moment pass on the way down habit he does, don't know why he does that and sometimes he still dribbles too much but he played a good B B+ game and pretty much took care of the ball (not forcing bad passes, handling double teams well tonight especially)
you have really summed lin up in a nutshell. he is a good player and learning. once he becomes consistent he will become dangerous and lakers will win games. this team desperately needs a good pg, it's up to lin to seize the opportunity he has in front of him and really no excuses this time regarding coaches, etc because scott is sticking with him. i hope all goes well with him and he continues this.

Mr. Bryant believes in him so he just may. How long it takes for good consistency is the big question.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
Beethoven22 wrote:
emjacl wrote:

that's not true. Lin played a very good game today, but boozer, hill, davis, and price also played well today. No way lin can win this alone.

Teamwork and determination won the game today

If people follow Lin's game. You should notice that usually when he play well and win, it is a team win. He usually not take away other people's shot to have high scoring game. When people see he play well and score a lot, it usually means he is being very efficient and making a lot of his shot or shooting a lot of FT.

Which means that his teammate all have a fair chance of scoring

During Linsanity he would score a lot but at the same time Tyson would have double digit, Steve Novak become very deadly, etc...

So more often then not, when Lin was the player of the game, it would be a team win.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I had to go look. OMG that's the real tweet! Awesome!
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Bobcats fans are so depressed right now - If you go to their forum, it sounds like they all want to die.

Now wait a second......theres a Bobcats forum?

LOL took the words right out of my mouth.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

angus wrote:
Can someone please explain why Ed Davis is only averaging 20 minutes a game (and only 22 tonight despite 100% shooting) and players like Wes get 35 minutes a game (more than any other player)?

Only Byron Scott can.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
angus wrote:
... lin has roller coaster games because he's never been given the chance since the Knicks to be trusted to be a/the leader of the team and is yanked in and out to not allow him to get on a roll... Byron Scott needs to remember that while Boozer and Bryant at their age and stage of career need all that rest on the bench, no need to limit Lin's minutes, and lets stop seeming like we're stetching to make Price the co-leading-PG of the team

I'd rather Lin rest in the first half than second. Looking at Rose (I know, always injured), Westbrook, Rubio maybe it is good not to play Lin more than 33 minutes. He plays hard, falls hard, gets fouled hard. He played a lot in the 4th tonight and Ronnie did fine while he was in. Kobe and Lin have to stay healthy, at least until Young gets back and hopefully not be out for long if at all in the season.

I think Lin needs to play > 30 minutes but more toward the end. He keep improving so you don;t see him fall on the ground after drive much any more.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I like Lin a lot, but I don't think he is the long term answer as a starting pg. He'd be killer to have as a backup pg.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Maybe Barkley is responsible for the win. The team didn't want Sir Charles to be hungry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44
Jump to: