OFFICIAL Kobe Play Discussion and P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 113, 114, 115  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So I guess I won't be having that crow pie after all?

Did u even watch the game? He played the 4th with one arm.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he was busy patting himself on the back after predicting the obvious...a guard coming off a torn achilles and busted knee.

i think most laker fans like myself wanted to see kobe do well. the least we could of done is make the workload easy for kobe but mitch kupchak made the absolute dumbest moves in the offseason.

People blame scott, i blame mitch....surrounding kobe with the worst possible cast put too much of a load on kobe in the beginning. And I do not see any other star in the nba that could replace kobe and make this a playoff team...not kd, lebron, harden, etc.

The blame falls on Mitch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't understand your comment. He got hurt dunking a ball, which should tell you how hurt his body must be at this point. The time to shut him down for this season is coming up very soon. I'd rather have him re-group and try to make one more run next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he was busy patting himself on the back after predicting the obvious...a guard coming off a torn achilles and busted knee.

i think most laker fans like myself wanted to see kobe do well. the least we could of done is make the workload easy for kobe but mitch kupchak made the absolute dumbest moves in the offseason.

People blame scott, i blame mitch....surrounding kobe with the worst possible cast put too much of a load on kobe in the beginning. And I do not see any other star in the nba that could replace kobe and make this a playoff team...not kd, lebron, harden, etc.

Reading this thread, it appears it was far from "obvious."

Again, I wanted him to exceed expectations but Kobe is a man. To be fair, I still think it's remarkable that he's come back after his injuries. But I never expected him to reach his usual all-NBA levels; others expected nothing less than top 5, all-NBA levels.

A quick 2 minute search and here's some of the top Jeggs comments:

Supporting and applauding the FO.
Quote:
We made the right moves. We got some youth and proven vets. In a way we are kind of like the spurs.

Talking about guys eating crow.
Quote:
It's time to make a list of the guys that are going to eat crow once Kobe silences them this season. This is in no particular order. Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. This is Kobe's fuel so this is important.

This gem
he can still average 25ppg without a doubt. To say he cannot if he is healthy is absurd and just means you don't know his skill level or you underestimate his skill level.

Predicting the Lakers will be at least a 6 seed.
1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Dallas
4. Clippers
5. Portland
6. Lakers
7. Hornets
8. Houston / Golden State / Memphis

I'm sure there are more, but yeah...
fan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Again, I wanted him to exceed expectations but Kobe is a man. To be fair, I still think it's remarkable that he's come back after his injuries. But I never expected him to reach his usual all-NBA levels; others expected nothing less than top 5, all-NBA levels.

Quote:
We made the right moves. We got some youth and proven vets. In a way we are kind of like the spurs.

Quote:
It's time to make a list of the guys that are going to eat crow once Kobe silences them this season. This is in no particular order. Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. This is Kobe's fuel so this is important.

This gem
he can still average 25ppg without a doubt. To say he cannot if he is healthy is absurd and just means you don't know his skill level or you underestimate his skill level.

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Dallas
4. Clippers
5. Portland
6. Lakers
7. Hornets

Ouch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

fan4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This gem

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Dallas
4. Clippers
5. Portland
6. Lakers
7. Hornets

Ouch.

It's one thing to talk ISH, it's another to be well...full of it.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

I heard Kobe going to have MRI on his shoulder. How long do you expect him to be out for?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
I heard Kobe going to have MRI on his shoulder. How long do you expect him to be out for?

3-4 weeks. Just a guess...
villavs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

My guess is that he'll try to make it back before All Star weekend regardless of whether he's fully healthy and shut it down after.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:

All I got from his post-game interview was...

"It's been bothering me for a while now"

For everyone wondering why Kobe would sit games to "rest" there is your answer. It was to rest a sore shoulder aka an injury.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell ✔ @LakersReporter

The MRI on Kobe Bryant's right shoulder showed "a tear of the rotator cuff." Full press release attached:
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he can return this seaon, this might be the last we see of him. I put a 5% chance he retires after this season yesterday, I am upping that to 15-20% now. As I posted before, sitting another half season won't suddenly allow him to play more than 50-60 games next season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

villavs wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

My guess is that he'll try to make it back before All Star weekend regardless of whether he's fully healthy and shut it down after.

I hope he does just that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Just great.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Since Kobe is now injury prone...

Kobe tore an Achilles, had a knee injury, and now a shoulder tear in each of the last 3 years. The definition people often use when other guys are consistently injured is "injury prone."

A lot of questions are now raised, including: 1) Is it wise to count on Kobe to be a part of a playoff push, maybe a championship run if the right guys are available, building a team around him? 2) Should they look for a quality guy who plays his position (as Eddie Jones did) since old Kobe is no longer ironman?

I'm sure many will be angry at the thought of this post, but would you bet your house on the likelihood that he'll make it through the next season healthy, especially because he missed a lot of games BEFORE the injury was diagnosed? Does spending a lot of money on KLove make sense for this team now?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I do not think that Kobe would make it through next season injury free. And I would not spend a lot of money on Kevin Love.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I do not think that Kobe would make it through next season injury free. And I would not spend a lot of money on Kevin Love.

Whatever we thought we knew about management's intentions, this changes everything.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Since Kobe is now injury prone...

lakersboy wrote:
Kobe tore an Achilles, had a knee injury, and now a shoulder tear in each of the last 3 years. The definition people often use when other guys are consistently injured is "injury prone."

A lot of questions are now raised, including: 1) Is it wise to count on Kobe to be a part of a playoff push, maybe a championship run if the right guys are available, building a team around him? 2) Should they look for a quality guy who plays his position (as Eddie Jones did) since old Kobe is no longer ironman?

I'm sure many will be angry at the thought of this post, but would you bet your house on the likelihood that he'll make it through the next season healthy, especially because he missed a lot of games BEFORE the injury was diagnosed? Does spending a lot of money on KLove make sense for this team now?

I guess we will continue to tank next season. Not much different from this season.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

That 48.5 millions looks FANTASTIC right now. I was so angry when he was offered and took that salary and I look like a fool right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I think that next season will look much different than this season.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
That 48.5 millions looks FANTASTIC right now. I was so angry when he was offered and took that salary and I look like a fool right now.

take 5 banners off Staples and Kobe will give back that 48 mils.

sftu
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

You thought he should get more?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has always been injury prone. It just so happens he's older now and can't bounce back
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Whatever we thought we knew about management's intentions, this changes everything.

I have a bad feeling they are going to offer Love the max. After the Melo offer, I think they're going for a big name first and foremost. I'm praying I'm wrong but Love as a centerpiece at max money could turn out disastrous.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

take 5 banners off Staples and Kobe will give back that 48 mils.

sftu

HA! Best comeback of the year! Well said sir, well said.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 114 of 115
Jump to: