OFFICIAL Kobe Play Discussion and P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
That 48.5 millions looks FANTASTIC right now. I was so angry when he was offered and took that salary and I look like a fool right now.

take 5 banners off Staples and Kobe will give back that 48 mils.

sftu

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I do not think that Kobe would make it through next season injury free. And I would not spend a lot of money on Kevin Love.

Whatever we thought we knew about management's intentions, this changes everything.

I have a bad feeling they are going to offer Love the max. After the Melo offer, I think they're going for a big name first and foremost. I'm praying I'm wrong but Love as a centerpiece at max money could turn out disastrous.

I wouldn't go after Love either, but knowing the front office they are after big names to sell tickets.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Kobe has always been injury prone. It just so happens he's older now and can't bounce back

Prior to the Achilles' injury, Kobe never had major injuries.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Since Kobe is now injury prone...

lakersboy wrote:
Kobe tore an Achilles, had a knee injury, and now a shoulder tear in each of the last 3 years. The definition people often use when other guys are consistently injured is "injury prone."

A lot of questions are now raised, including: 1) Is it wise to count on Kobe to be a part of a playoff push, maybe a championship run if the right guys are available, building a team around him? 2) Should they look for a quality guy who plays his position (as Eddie Jones did) since old Kobe is no longer ironman?

I'm sure many will be angry at the thought of this post, but would you bet your house on the likelihood that he'll make it through the next season healthy, especially because he missed a lot of games BEFORE the injury was diagnosed? Does spending a lot of money on KLove make sense for this team now?

I don't think many people are expecting a playoff push from Kobe next year or ever at this point. I just hope he gets a decent farewell tour alongside a healthy Randle and we gather draft assets with trades and FA's with our cap room next year.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
That 48.5 millions looks FANTASTIC right now. I was so angry when he was offered and took that salary and I look like a fool right now.

sftu

If thats the case, why dont we give Pau, Shaq, Horry, Fox , Fish, PJax and etc some money off the cap too? I can't ask my boss for a raise because I had a good couple years 2011- 2012. If I ain't up to snuff RIGHT NOW-- I'm SOL.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Kobe has always been injury prone. It just so happens he's older now and can't bounce back

Ummm what? Kobe is one of most durable toughest players to ever play the game he has GOAT longevity he never missed many games his whole career until Achilles injury and blowing out his knee out. I'm not sure what your talking about. Kobe has played 19 seasons close to high level most years not many if any all time greats do this.

Last edited by Nightwalker on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Since Kobe is now injury prone...

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Kobe tore an Achilles, had a knee injury, and now a shoulder tear in each of the last 3 years. The definition people often use when other guys are consistently injured is "injury prone."

A lot of questions are now raised, including: 1) Is it wise to count on Kobe to be a part of a playoff push, maybe a championship run if the right guys are available, building a team around him? 2) Should they look for a quality guy who plays his position (as Eddie Jones did) since old Kobe is no longer ironman?

I'm sure many will be angry at the thought of this post, but would you bet your house on the likelihood that he'll make it through the next season healthy, especially because he missed a lot of games BEFORE the injury was diagnosed? Does spending a lot of money on KLove make sense for this team now?

I don't think many people are expecting a playoff push from Kobe next year or ever at this point. I just hope he gets a decent farewell tour alongside a healthy Randle and we gather draft assets with trades and FA's with our cap room next year.

This.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

sftu

If thats the case, why dont we give Pau, Shaq, Horry, Fox , Fish, PJax and etc some money off the cap too? I can't ask my boss for a raise because I had a good couple years 2011- 2012. If I ain't up to snuff RIGHT NOW-- I'm SOL.

If they wanted to give them that loot, they could have easily slid him 25 million under the table. You know it can be done. The Angels will see the same thing probably on the back end of that Pujols deal. Current Production not equaling Current Pay.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Klay's gotta shot at Kobe's 3 point record tonight. he's at 11 with at the end of the 3rd.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115
Page 115 of 115
Jump to: