Brian Windhorst: LeBron Letting Cavs Suck On Purpose
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Will Kevin Love leave?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Will Kevin Love leave?

He has a player option for next year....but my bet is he goes where Lebron goes...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lebron tried a little different leadership after the game, getting into it with Kyrie in the locker room. I wondered how long it would take for him to see that Kyrie is only in it for himsefl.

while I agree that Kyrie is starting to not exactly seem like a team player.. I will say that if I was Kyrie, I'd probably react the exact same way.

I personally don't react very well to people who give up. Watching the way LeBron gave up vs the blazers woulda driven me nuts. You could make an argument that LeBron is trying to be too "Savy" of a leader.. that can easily make ur teammates dislike you.

Like JVG said.. "when you are winning you accept your role because you are winning.. when you are losing, yea that's when you really see some true colors"

Kyrie Irving - "Dude...you've lost more rings than you've won and have shrunk when the stage is the brightest. I don't trust you when we need you the most. You don't trust yourself or else you wouldn't be here. Give me the ball because I do believe in myself."

That message won't be effective IMO because Irving hasn't come anywhere near a ring yet. He has never even played in a playoff game or played for a .500 team yet.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Windhorst is LeBrons groupie. Of course he is going to spin everything in LeBrons favor if he can. I doubt anyone outside of Cleveland or Miami or wherever LeBron is currently playing bothers listening to what he has to say.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject:

Wait until Dion Waiters starts whining. The fun is just beginning.
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject:

Same toilet paper can be printed here:
Quote:
James is conflicted. He’s trying to decide whether to carry the Cavs or let them learn tough lessons through losses. The easy solution would be for the four-time MVP to take over games the way he used to, but James has a long-term vision for the Cavs.
Link
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject:

letting people who have always lost to continue to lose is maybe the opposite of good leadership, I could understand this if he went to like Golden State or some other 50 win team that started leaning too heavily on him, but for most of his team, 40 wins is that fairy tale that they've only seen others do.

If this bs continues, i could see Love leaving at the end of the season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
BSPN setting up Irving as the fall guy just in case the Cavs emplode.

Yup. I was shocked to hear Stephen A. already spinning the story on Monday. He said don't be surprised to see LeBron leave Cleveland if they don't surround him with what he needs.

Lebron to NY?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

The latest from 1st take lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Yup. I was shocked to hear Stephen A. already spinning the story on Monday. He said don't be surprised to see LeBron leave Cleveland if they don't surround him with what he needs.

Lebron to NY?

I hate that show. Smith and Bayless are two trolls and they are trolling the audience. Why would you be shocked to hear Smith spin anything? That's good for ratings. The stuff he says about Lebron leaving Cleveland sounds like trolling to me, and I'm not even convinced he believes that. I stopped watching that show a while ago because I got tired of those two constantly screaming at each other. But I know people will keep watching it so I'll just have to keep switching the channel whenever I see those guys on in the morning.

I'm actually okay with Irving getting a lot of the blame though. Regardless of what people think of Lebron, he has won two championships and made the Finals five times, and he made it with two different teams. He has a much better idea of what it takes to win than Irving does. He is the best player in the game. He won over 60 games twice in Cleveland with teammates clearly less talented than Irving. If Irving can't win with Lebron and Love, then what does that say about him?

Lebron is telling people to be patient, but after witnessing the disastrous failures of the 2012 Lakers and the 2013 Nets, I can't help but wonder if the Cavs will be added to the list of super teams that failed. The Cavs however are much younger than those teams, but they do have some significant issues.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
22 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Lebron to NY?

I hate that show. Smith and Bayless are two trolls and they are trolling the audience. Why would you be shocked to hear Smith spin anything? That's good for ratings. The stuff he says about Lebron leaving Cleveland sounds like trolling to me, and I'm not even convinced he believes that. I stopped watching that show a while ago because I got tired of those two constantly screaming at each other. But I know people will keep watching it so I'll just have to keep switching the channel whenever I see those guys on in the morning.

I'm actually okay with Irving getting a lot of the blame though. Regardless of what people think of Lebron, he has won two championships and made the Finals five times, and he made it with two different teams. He has a much better idea of what it takes to win than Irving does. He is the best player in the game. He won over 60 games twice in Cleveland with teammates clearly less talented than Irving. If Irving can't win with Lebron and Love, then what does that say about him?

Lebron is telling people to be patient, but after witnessing the disastrous failures of the 2012 Lakers and the 2013 Nets, I can't help but wonder if the Cavs will be added to the list of super teams that failed. The Cavs however are much younger than those teams, but they do have some significant issues.

I was shocked b/c while 90% of what is said on first take is just hype they do let little nuggets out. Stephen A may be just a talking head, but he is connected to the players and is frequently used as their mouth piece. He was talking about Lebron going back to Cleveland long before most were saying it was possible.

So for him to say that likely means it's a real possibility for LeBron
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
22 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Lebron to NY?

I was shocked b/c while 90% of what is said on first take is just hype they do let little nuggets out. Stephen A may be just a talking head, but he is connected to the players and is frequently used as their mouth piece. He was talking about Lebron going back to Cleveland long before most were saying it was possible.

So for him to say that likely means it's a real possibility for LeBron

(bleep) LEQUIT!!!!!
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Windhorst is LeBrons groupie. Of course he is going to spin everything in LeBrons favor if he can. I doubt anyone outside of Cleveland or Miami or wherever LeBron is currently playing bothers listening to what he has to say.

I haven't intentionally clicked on an article of his in years and can count on one hand the unintentional times. I have zero interest in reading or listening to anything from LeBron's propaganda machine.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron apologists to the rescue.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Windy might be on Lebron's payroll under a fake alias

Not that he cares, covering Lebron has been his golden ticket.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject:

I don't think he's letting them lose on purpose but he's also refraining from playing hero ball. If people remember he did the same in Miami at the start. He didn't take ownership of that team until the 2nd season.

Remember he went to Irving's team. Although he is the better player, it's quite obvious LBJ is more patient in the transition and wouldn't want to make Irving feel like he's a roe player. Like I said, he did the same thing in Miami with Wade. It took them a while to realize that LBJ had to be the clear cut #1 and when Wade would pick his parts and attack.

Now that's not to say that if CLE were really going to be a powerhouse that they would lose with LBJ playing this way. CLE has issues on D as were expected. Miami was the much much better team defensively. In order to win in CLE they'll need to play more of a western conference brand of basketball.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

So, the theory goes that they have been losing for years and letting them lose more will somehow convince them to look for new answers? Like the previous losing wasn't enough to convince them that they don't know what they are doing? Seems like a pretty convoluted explanation to me, i.e. a B.S. one.

I will say Lebron has looked different. Part of it looks like lack of effort, the other part looks like some diminished strength and athleticism. He hasn't been bullying opponents the same way.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

This has nothing to do with LeBron.... they got Kevin Love... the notorious mediocre stat-stuffer... that guy is a curse.... and as long as he's on a NBA team... that team will not do much...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

So Lebron doesn't lose? He lets his team "not win".

Reminds me of when religious people say, God "lets" disease and genocide wipe out populations.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Wind from the Horse's Ass
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: