Reggie Jackson being blasted by teammates for selfishness; says he "doesn't play for the fans."
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Telleris wrote:
The Thunder loves to demonize its players through the media in order to drive their price down when they see a contract dispute incoming.

Problem is, no one made Reggie say the things he said.

He didn't have to say things that can be construed as him just checking out "while he's here.". Nobody made him go on twitter and complain and then delete his tweet. Nobody made him say he doesn't play for the fans.

There's only so much the Thunder can do to you if you keep your mouth shut but he's giving them the ammo thus far and that is on him.

Yeah, and I'm not sure what the Thunder organization has even said. It was Ibaka and Perkins. Unless one is to think that there is some nefarious plan between some players and the organization just to undermine RJ's future contract.

With that said, I have zero problems with his play.

If we are being honest, this was the worst possible situation for the Thunder FO.

He has 25-30 games to prove he is more than a role player, and out price himself from OKC's budget.

Then we can see a trickle down situation where KD wants to leave (LAKERS ) because they can't keep anyone.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Am i the only person who finds it amusing that Jackson is replacing the epitome of a selfish guy in Westbrook.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I think they are taking shots at Westbrook through Jackson. There is no way after playing with Westbrook and Durant all these years that their gripe would only be with Jackson after only a handful of games. Makes no sense.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I see 2 vets mad at the new guy.....if that crap happened to Westbrook or Durant these guys would be on the trading block.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject:

USCLakers and Lakersken80 both on the mark here.

The established vets (Ibaka/Perkins) feel they should shoulder the load with Durant/Westbrook out. RJax grabs the mantle of leadership and runs with it. Yes, he is taking a larger number of shots than his previous seasons, but he literally is the only guy who can create his own shot at this point.

Ibaka is a moody diva and his game is basically catch and shoot long 2s or dunk at the rim. He's not getting as many touches and I bet you he thought he could up his stats in the absence of KD/Russ.

I still am on the RJax train, though Lakers probably spend more $ on an older and injury-prone Rondo.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
USCLakers and Lakersken80 both on the mark here.

The established vets (Ibaka/Perkins) feel they should shoulder the load with Durant/Westbrook out. RJax grabs the mantle of leadership and runs with it. Yes, he is taking a larger number of shots than his previous seasons, but he literally is the only guy who can create his own shot at this point.

Ibaka is a moody diva and his game is basically catch and shoot long 2s or dunk at the rim. He's not getting as many touches and I bet you he thought he could up his stats in the absence of KD/Russ.

I still am on the RJax train, though Lakers probably spend more $ on an older and injury-prone Rondo.

Lol, yes those offensive juggernauts should take control of scoring.

They want to reign him in, fine. But not through scoring. That team needs help with their two best out.

Bye.
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
On an equally offensively deprived team he is taking 18 shots and is the only guy on that team able to create for himself. So Perkins wants more shots? Please.
perkins and ibaka both thought "oooo KD and Russ are both out. Time to put up Da NUMBERS." and then Jackson was like,... .NOPE. i'm putting up the numbers you two aint that good at scoring.

Thats whats upsetting these dudes.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LOL @ Perkins and Ibaka complaining about shot attempts.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

I for one, want to Kendrick getting 10 shots per quarter.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Mitch better be giving a call to OKC to see if he's available.

Expiring contract and doesn't sounds like he will be back...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: