+++ Lakers @ Grizzlies +++ 11/11/14 5:00pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emjacl
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
kobe was the best player on the team tonight BY FAR. and not just offensively. i notice nobody is talking about the excellent defensive game he had. anyone blaming him for this loss is an idiot.

If he had let Lin run the offense and take more shots (and less of Kobe's bricks), we would have won.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
ragga92 wrote:
Would Kobe have been better if we had better players around him? Almost certainly but we don't and he is the only one who can score so he has to take the shots that probably he shouldn't at times.

Coming into this season he had hardly played in two season and is 36. What do people expect from a guy who is 36 and has hardly played for so long?

I love Kobe and always will, he is a legend of the sport and more importantly of the Lakers but he is no where near the player he was and I think people should stop treating him like he is a top 20-30 player in the NBA because he is not and I am sure he knows it as well.

For the people who want him traded, he is the only thing we have left that makes us half attractable to watch. With out Kobe, the Lakers are irrelevant. Who are we going to watch Price, Sacre, Johnson, Boozer and Kelly play, that would be rock bottom.

Our only way up is bringing in some young talent and developing them over a year or two and that will make our team attractive in terms of big names wanting to join the Lakers. Ed Davis is a start, Randle will be decent after he gets over this sad setback. A top 3 pick in this draft hopefully top 2 should get us a very good player that we can build a team with.

Kobe wont be there when we become a play offs side but his contribution to this group of players especially the two that I think will be part of a successful Lakers side in Davis and Randle is so important for our future. Kobe is arguably the most professional hard working player in the NBA. Just by watching him and training with him will make them better players.

Don't worry about his shooting because we are no good regardless of how he shoots but the role he will play in developing these young guys is the most important role he has with us in the next two seasons.

We will be back!

Who are these 20-30 players better than Kobe right now? Please list them that's silly.

There is certainly not 20-30 players with a greater legacy than kobe. but statistically speaking take your pick... he was clutch tonight though for sure.

This isn't a legacy debate but who are these 20-30 players that are better than Kobe currently list them.

We have to face the fact that many haters pose as Laker / Kobe fans on the interwebz.

I'm not posing as a kobe fan hater or something in between. However there are 30 teams in the league kobe is not better than most #1 options and many #2's at this point in his career in terms of fg%'s assists rebounds etc. that's probably 45ish players that are statistically better than him right now at 36 years of age and coming off a serious injury. I'm not "hating" on Kobe.

To name a few players with more market value towards winning right now..
(No particular order)
1. Lebron james
2. Kevin durant (injured)
3. Dwight Howard
4. Blake griffin
5. Tony Parker
6. Russell Westbrook (injured)
7. Serge Ibaka
8. Al Jefferson
9. Anthony Davis
10. Kevin Love
11. Chris Paul

12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Demar derozan
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Goran dragic
16. John wall
17. Bradley Beal
18. Kay Thompson
19. Stephen curry
20. Kyrie Irving
21. Kevin Love
22. Demarcus cousins
23. Deandre Jordan
24. Kawhi Leonard
25. Dirk nowitski
26. Monte Ellis
27. Mike Conley
28. Eric Bledsoe
29. Gordon hayward

30. Lamarcus Aldridge
31. Damian lillard
32. Nicholas Batum
33. Derrick rose
34. Dwayne wade
35. Chris Bosh

Again, these are few and simply based on statistics (fg% ft% 3pt % rebounds assists win share, PER etc.) Kobes definitely the best 36 and older player outside of nowitski. And arguably better than certain players on this list depending on health (wade, rose). By no means do I think kobe isn't greater than anyone on this list but you can't tell me 40 year old Jordan was a superstar and he had even less mileage than kobe at that point. So it's not an insult to realistically assess his current ability to produce at an elite level in all these statistical categories.

Those names you mentioned in bold are straight up hilarious. BTW you mentioned Kevin Love twice come on man. Please try harder next time before you make bogus list like this.

Some people are so clouded by their hate of Kobe that they would churn out bogus lists....I think I know what type of fan you are by looking at the join date....Kobe is the best player on this team...deal with it.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Yoki24 wrote:
kobe was the best player on the team tonight BY FAR. and not just offensively. i notice nobody is talking about the excellent defensive game he had. anyone blaming him for this loss is an idiot.

He may have been the best player out there but unless he and/or BS can find a way to open the spacing and pass the ball off the Lakers are not going to win any games with Bryant consistently shooting under 40 percent. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN therefore wouldn't it be a better idea to work on other schemes?
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:

If he had let Lin run the offense and take more shots (and less of Kobe's bricks), we would have won.

Please go away.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:

Kobe was resting on the bench and they were losing by 17 at the start of the 4th quarter...yep, its all Kobe's fault. If it wasn't for his offensive threat the game would've been over right then and there if he never got back into the game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
Most of you will never admit it even when it becomes obvious, Lin at this stage in both their careers is heads and shoulders better than Kobe. The sooner Scott and Kobe accept that the quicker we get back on track for the playoffs. Sub Kobe with 3 minutes to go in the first quarter; not Lin. Lin needs 40 minutes; Kobe needs to stay at about 30. Lin needs 12-16 shots; Kobe needs to cut his shots in half.

Not sure if serious or not.....
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
Most of you will never admit it even when it becomes obvious, Lin at this stage in both their careers is heads and shoulders better than Kobe. The sooner Scott and Kobe accept that the quicker we get back on track for the playoffs. Sub Kobe with 3 minutes to go in the first quarter; not Lin. Lin needs 40 minutes; Kobe needs to stay at about 30. Lin needs 12-16 shots; Kobe needs to cut his shots in half.

You're delusional bud.

I like Lin a lot, and want him to be great for us. But he's not the same caliber player that Kobe is....even now in his relative dotage.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
emjacl wrote:

You're delusional bud.

I like Lin a lot, and want him to be great for us. But he's not the same caliber player that Kobe is....even now in his relative dotage.

He is trolling hard, no need to respond
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: chicken and egg

Yoki24 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Anyone else getting tired of the same pattern every game? The players don't do enough so Kobe has to go into chuck mode. Some games he feels it more than others but the end result is the same. Kobe ends up with 25 shots, many of them difficult rather than 15 quality shots as it should be.

Its kind of a chicken and egg thing. The ball doesn't always have to stick to Kobe's hand. Often when Kobe is forcing one of his all time league leading missed shots there is another play open. A long range contested fallaway 2 is not a better choice of shot than a more open 3.

Top 6 in field goals made all-time but go ahead and ignore that.

And there's no open anything because the lakers spacing is awful but i suppose thats bryant's fault too. these haters are are ridiculous.

And more missed shots than any other player in league history. Can't always ignore that either. 3-10 from 3, 7-16 from 2 are not going to win many games.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: chicken and egg

catman2u wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Anyone else getting tired of the same pattern every game? The players don't do enough so Kobe has to go into chuck mode. Some games he feels it more than others but the end result is the same. Kobe ends up with 25 shots, many of them difficult rather than 15 quality shots as it should be.

Its kind of a chicken and egg thing. The ball doesn't always have to stick to Kobe's hand. Often when Kobe is forcing one of his all time league leading missed shots there is another play open. A long range contested fallaway 2 is not a better choice of shot than a more open 3.

Top 6 in field goals made all-time but go ahead and ignore that.

And there's no open anything because the lakers spacing is awful but i suppose thats bryant's fault too. these haters are are ridiculous.

And more missed shots than any other player in league history. Can't always ignore that either. 3-10 from 3, 7-16 from 2 are not going to win many games.

19th year in the NBA. Still the #1 offensive threat on the team. Still commands double teams. Show me how many other players in the NBA that were around that long and playing at that level and then we can talk.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:

This is a Laker's board, we are used to better trolling...
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
emjacl wrote:

You're delusional bud.

He is trolling hard, no need to respond

Nobody, even with him being 36 is better at the fallaway jumper. Its just that kind of play and all the contested shots he takes will win Laker games. If Kobe could pass on a few unrealistic shots he might shoot more than 40% overall and more than 30% from the arc.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
emjacl wrote:

This is a Laker's board, we are used to better trolling...

The mods need to ban all these trolls once and for all.
KobesRevenge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

After the last two games, against a couple good defensive teams, I think we've shown that our offense can score on anybody. Our offense, as rudimentary as it is, is actually pretty good. It can get better, but it's not our main problem right now.

Our defense is god awful right now. The Grizzlies are not a high scoring team. You only need a league average defense to keep them under 100 points. Their P&R defense was excellent. Our P&R defense sucked. We need better rim protection and help defense.

I think we're tantalizing close to being a good team though. For our 1-6 record we were close in 3 of those games. A little better rim protection & help defense and we're easily 4-3 (and a playoff team). I'm not sure how we're going to pull that out with the current staff we have. If we could get someone like an Omer Asik, that one defender alone would be at least a +10 in defense on this team (and then we're easily a playoff team in the West).

So I guess if we're stuck with what we have the question is what we do now. If we focus on offense we might be able to squeeze another 5 PPG out of this staff, which would make us an elite offense. Or we could focus on defense, which looks like has more room to grow, since you can easily envision a team that could allow 20 fewer PPG.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

KobesRevenge wrote:
After the last two games, against a couple good defensive teams, I think we've shown that our offense can score on anybody. Our offense, as rudimentary as it is, is actually pretty good. It can get better, but it's not our main problem right now.

Our defense is god awful right now. The Grizzlies are not a high scoring team. You only need a league average defense to keep them under 100 points. Their P&R defense was excellent. Our P&R defense sucked. We need better rim protection and help defense.

I think we're tantalizing close to being a good team though. For our 1-6 record we were close in 3 of those games. A little better rim protection & help defense and we're easily 4-3 (and a playoff team). I'm not sure how we're going to pull that out with the current staff we have. If we could get someone like an Omer Asik, that one defender alone would be at least a +10 in defense on this team (and then we're easily a playoff team in the West).

So I guess if we're stuck with what we have the question is what we do now. If we focus on offense we might be able to squeeze another 5 PPG out of this staff, which would make us an elite offense. Or we could focus on defense, which looks like has more room to grow, since you can easily envision a team that could allow 20 fewer PPG.

Yep, the main reason we can't win games....we are always down because our defense is pretty atrocious. We are always playing catch up. That is always a losing formula in the NBA.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KobesRevenge wrote:

Yep, the main reason we can't win games....we are always down because our defense is pretty atrocious. We are always playing catch up. That is always a losing formula in the NBA.

boozer!!!!!!!!!
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject:

KobesRevenge wrote:

I agree. If the opposing players get past our guards or draws a double team there are too many easy baskets at the rim.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
ragga92 wrote:
Would Kobe have been better if we had better players around him? Almost certainly but we don't and he is the only one who can score so he has to take the shots that probably he shouldn't at times.

Coming into this season he had hardly played in two season and is 36. What do people expect from a guy who is 36 and has hardly played for so long?

I love Kobe and always will, he is a legend of the sport and more importantly of the Lakers but he is no where near the player he was and I think people should stop treating him like he is a top 20-30 player in the NBA because he is not and I am sure he knows it as well.

For the people who want him traded, he is the only thing we have left that makes us half attractable to watch. With out Kobe, the Lakers are irrelevant. Who are we going to watch Price, Sacre, Johnson, Boozer and Kelly play, that would be rock bottom.

Our only way up is bringing in some young talent and developing them over a year or two and that will make our team attractive in terms of big names wanting to join the Lakers. Ed Davis is a start, Randle will be decent after he gets over this sad setback. A top 3 pick in this draft hopefully top 2 should get us a very good player that we can build a team with.

Kobe wont be there when we become a play offs side but his contribution to this group of players especially the two that I think will be part of a successful Lakers side in Davis and Randle is so important for our future. Kobe is arguably the most professional hard working player in the NBA. Just by watching him and training with him will make them better players.

Don't worry about his shooting because we are no good regardless of how he shoots but the role he will play in developing these young guys is the most important role he has with us in the next two seasons.

We will be back!

Who are these 20-30 players better than Kobe right now? Please list them that's silly.

There is certainly not 20-30 players with a greater legacy than kobe. but statistically speaking take your pick... he was clutch tonight though for sure.

This isn't a legacy debate but who are these 20-30 players that are better than Kobe currently list them.

We have to face the fact that many haters pose as Laker / Kobe fans on the interwebz.

I'm not posing as a kobe fan hater or something in between. However there are 30 teams in the league kobe is not better than most #1 options and many #2's at this point in his career in terms of fg%'s assists rebounds etc. that's probably 45ish players that are statistically better than him right now at 36 years of age and coming off a serious injury. I'm not "hating" on Kobe.

To name a few players with more market value towards winning right now..
(No particular order)
1. Lebron james
2. Kevin durant (injured)
3. Dwight Howard
4. Blake griffin
5. Tony Parker
6. Russell Westbrook (injured)
7. Serge Ibaka
8. Al Jefferson
9. Anthony Davis
10. Kevin Love
11. Chris Paul

12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Demar derozan
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Goran dragic
16. John wall
17. Bradley Beal
18. Kay Thompson
19. Stephen curry
20. Kyrie Irving
21. Kevin Love
22. Demarcus cousins
23. Deandre Jordan
24. Kawhi Leonard
25. Dirk nowitski
26. Monte Ellis
27. Mike Conley
28. Eric Bledsoe
29. Gordon hayward

30. Lamarcus Aldridge
31. Damian lillard
32. Nicholas Batum
33. Derrick rose
34. Dwayne wade
35. Chris Bosh

Again, these are few and simply based on statistics (fg% ft% 3pt % rebounds assists win share, PER etc.) Kobes definitely the best 36 and older player outside of nowitski. And arguably better than certain players on this list depending on health (wade, rose). By no means do I think kobe isn't greater than anyone on this list but you can't tell me 40 year old Jordan was a superstar and he had even less mileage than kobe at that point. So it's not an insult to realistically assess his current ability to produce at an elite level in all these statistical categories.

Those names you mentioned in bold are straight up hilarious. BTW you mentioned Kevin Love twice come on man. Please try harder next time before you make bogus list like this.

Some people are so clouded by their hate of Kobe that they would churn out bogus lists....I think I know what type of fan you are by looking at the join date....Kobe is the best player on this team...deal with it.

Ive been a laker fan now for about 3 years so yes im relatively new, but growing up in the Bay Area the Warriors were always my team. Still there's no reason anyone can't be a fan because of their join date. People will have their favorite players on the team and at the end of the day everything we believe is just an opinion. There is never an absolute truth because stats can be misleading. However, at this point today objectively viewing kobe's statlines to start the season, I simply compared him to other top tier players in the league. You don't have to agree with me, it's just my opinion
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Laker Intervention wrote:
HIll was open. He makes that we're all thrilled. He's been hitting that shot. I know you want it in Kobe's hand. It's the right play. But Hill's miss won't be why we lost this game.

It's not the right play. Game on the line you get it to your top players. Lin/Kobe should have taken that shot. Plus it was awkward and not even in the flow of the offense. I'm going with Kobe's death stare on this one.

Yep, plus if u want to get a high percentage shot you wouldn't go to freaking Jordan Hill for a 20 footer....thats what all the teams want the Lakers to do.

lelbron ajmes
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:

Lin kept deferring
truthinbasketball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject:

Let's face it. Lin is an absolute disaster on the court. For every point he makes, he concedes 3. His decision-making is the worst of any PG in the league.

This game was lost because Lin was on the court for too long and was running things that he is not qualified to run. How he screwed up that last play is beyond comprehension.

If Lin keeps running PG, starts being more "aggressive", and goes on to taking more shots, the Lakers will be lucky to win 15-20 games this season.

We now see what a "Lin-led" team would look like: last in the entire NBA. That's what it'll be.
emjacl
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject:

truthinbasketball wrote:
Let's face it. Lin is an absolute disaster on the court. For every point he makes, he concedes 3. His decision-making is the worst of any PG in the league.

This game was lost because Lin was on the court for too long and was running things that he is not qualified to run. How he screwed up that last play is beyond comprehension.

If Lin keeps running PG, starts being more "aggressive", and goes on to taking more shots, the Lakers will be lucky to win 15-20 games this season.

We now see what a "Lin-led" team would look like: last in the entire NBA. That's what it'll be.

I smell a racist and someone who will not ever give Lin the credit he deserves.
TruthBomb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject:

[quote="catman2u"][quote="Honeybadger81"][quote="kray28_"]
emjacl wrote:
Nobody, even with him being 36 is better at the fallaway jumper.
Dirk Nowitzki, for starters.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:

Lol... Lin is so inconsistent and his handles and bball IQ are below average. He really is a frustrating player to watch.
sfca
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject:

truthinbasketball wrote:

wow, you sound very familiar to a poster from the another site, why so much negativity
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50
Jump to: