+++ Lakers @ Grizzlies +++ 11/11/14 5:00pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject:

truthinbasketball wrote:
Let's face it. Lin is an absolute disaster on the court. For every point he makes, he concedes 3. His decision-making is the worst of any PG in the league.

This game was lost because Lin was on the court for too long and was running things that he is not qualified to run. How he screwed up that last play is beyond comprehension.

If Lin keeps running PG, starts being more "aggressive", and goes on to taking more shots, the Lakers will be lucky to win 15-20 games this season.

We now see what a "Lin-led" team would look like: last in the entire NBA. That's what it'll be.

Go back to ClutchFaps. I'm surprised you didn't try to compare Lin to Beverley or Canaan as you do in your previous posts.

Last edited by 13th Man on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

Emajc - Kobe is still the best player on our team. Even at his age - as he starts to get in form he will be a 10-15 player in the league. Some nights he still has the ability to look like the best.

Granted, he will still have to be a high volume shooter, and at times may shoot us out of momentum and take bad shots. But that's who he's always been. His defense though has surprised me a lot. Coming off such an injury he's hustled and played hard on that end for the most part.

Truthinbasketball - The game was not lost because of Lin. He had a solid 1st half. We know he can't stay in front of Conley, but he wasn't bad. He's also getting used to being that guy. He's never had this role before. Kobe is trying to bring that relentless beast out from him. Does he have the ability? We'll see. Maybe he is best as a 6th man. But for now he's our starting PG. He's had moments, he's just been inconsistent. Got to give him a chance to learn.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

There's just more work to do. The starting 5 isn't the best fit for one-another but they are figuring some things out. The bench was severely outscored by the Grizzles bench but are missing key guys. Ulrich had a big game, he just got in a groove.

The Kobe-less 4th quarter offense looked lost. Why? The team runs the same play over and over down the stretch. Why? Defense wasn't terrible last night and the refs whistles didn't help. I don't think any player had a really good game but no one had a really bad game either. Kobe had a pretty good game.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

truthinbasketball wrote:
Let's face it. Lin is an absolute disaster on the court. For every point he makes, he concedes 3. His decision-making is the worst of any PG in the league.

This game was lost because Lin was on the court for too long and was running things that he is not qualified to run. How he screwed up that last play is beyond comprehension.

If Lin keeps running PG, starts being more "aggressive", and goes on to taking more shots, the Lakers will be lucky to win 15-20 games this season.

We now see what a "Lin-led" team would look like: last in the entire NBA. That's what it'll be.

Stop trolling here, go back to your desperate Houston Clutch fan website.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
truthinbasketball wrote:

lol? can't tell if sarcasm or not. troll vs troll

I smell a racist and someone who will not ever give Lin the credit he deserves.

what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

didn't watch game.

looks like their bench > ours
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:
Emajc - Kobe is still the best player on our team. Even at his age - as he starts to get in form he will be a 10-15 player in the league. Some nights he still has the ability to look like the best.

Granted, he will still have to be a high volume shooter, and at times may shoot us out of momentum and take bad shots. But that's who he's always been. His defense though has surprised me a lot. Coming off such an injury he's hustled and played hard on that end for the most part.

Truthinbasketball - The game was not lost because of Lin. He had a solid 1st half. We know he can't stay in front of Conley, but he wasn't bad. He's also getting used to being that guy. He's never had this role before. Kobe is trying to bring that relentless beast out from him. Does he have the ability? We'll see. Maybe he is best as a 6th man. But for now he's our starting PG. He's had moments, he's just been inconsistent. Got to give him a chance to learn.

Kobe rebounded, dished and had 4 steals in the game. He knocked down some big shots in the big 4th quarter run. He hustled on defense.

Jeremy blocked a Conley shot and forced Conley into a number of bad shots. I thought Lin's D was strong except in a stretch of the 4th against Conley.

I think team-wise, the Grizzles were more organized on both the offensive and defensive ends and Ulrich and Koufos were big reasons for the loss.

Last edited by bws94 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

sfca wrote:
truthinbasketball wrote:

wow, you sound very familiar to a poster from the another site, why so much negativity

because they're one and the same. troll account for sure.
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Laker Intervention wrote:

Kobe rebounded, dished and had 4 steals in the game. He knocked down some big shots in the big 4th quarter run. He hustled on defense.

Jeremy blocked a Conley shot and forced Conley into a number of bad shots. I thought Lin's D was strong except in a stretch of the 4th against Conley.

I think team-wise, the Grizzles were more organized on both the offensive and defensive ends and Ulrich and Koufos were big reasons for the loss.

Agreed - Kobe was hustling all over the place. But you're also going to have that energy and opportunity when you're guarding Allen and can play off like that. Allen wasn't really making him work on the other end. If he can do this same effort when he plays guys like Harden or Klay - that will be awesome. I know he can as he'll get back to game rhythm/shape.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

Kobe was +8 last night.
truthinbasketball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

emjacl wrote:
truthinbasketball wrote:

I smell a racist and someone who will not ever give Lin the credit he deserves.

So where are the moderators on this board? Cheflinda? Is a person allowed to post a basketball opinion without being called names, a troll, racist? I think the moderation is failing if that is allowed.

((ONE WARNING TO BOTH OF YOU: KNOCK IT OFF! READ THE BOARD, LEARN THE RULES, AND TRY REALLY HARD TO FIND A NICHE THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE BEING THE CLASHING NEW POSTERS WITH COMICALLY ONE-SIDED VIEWS - JMK))
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

Thanks God we have another game tonight so we won't have to dwell on this game for too long.

Can't blame Kobe though for last night though, our bench was horrid and he brought us back into the game.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
ragga92 wrote:
Would Kobe have been better if we had better players around him? Almost certainly but we don't and he is the only one who can score so he has to take the shots that probably he shouldn't at times.

Coming into this season he had hardly played in two season and is 36. What do people expect from a guy who is 36 and has hardly played for so long?

I love Kobe and always will, he is a legend of the sport and more importantly of the Lakers but he is no where near the player he was and I think people should stop treating him like he is a top 20-30 player in the NBA because he is not and I am sure he knows it as well.

For the people who want him traded, he is the only thing we have left that makes us half attractable to watch. With out Kobe, the Lakers are irrelevant. Who are we going to watch Price, Sacre, Johnson, Boozer and Kelly play, that would be rock bottom.

Our only way up is bringing in some young talent and developing them over a year or two and that will make our team attractive in terms of big names wanting to join the Lakers. Ed Davis is a start, Randle will be decent after he gets over this sad setback. A top 3 pick in this draft hopefully top 2 should get us a very good player that we can build a team with.

Kobe wont be there when we become a play offs side but his contribution to this group of players especially the two that I think will be part of a successful Lakers side in Davis and Randle is so important for our future. Kobe is arguably the most professional hard working player in the NBA. Just by watching him and training with him will make them better players.

Don't worry about his shooting because we are no good regardless of how he shoots but the role he will play in developing these young guys is the most important role he has with us in the next two seasons.

We will be back!

Who are these 20-30 players better than Kobe right now? Please list them that's silly.

There is certainly not 20-30 players with a greater legacy than kobe. but statistically speaking take your pick... he was clutch tonight though for sure.

This isn't a legacy debate but who are these 20-30 players that are better than Kobe currently list them.

We have to face the fact that many haters pose as Laker / Kobe fans on the interwebz.

I'm not posing as a kobe fan hater or something in between. However there are 30 teams in the league kobe is not better than most #1 options and many #2's at this point in his career in terms of fg%'s assists rebounds etc. that's probably 45ish players that are statistically better than him right now at 36 years of age and coming off a serious injury. I'm not "hating" on Kobe.

To name a few players with more market value towards winning right now..
(No particular order)
1. Lebron james
2. Kevin durant (injured)
3. Dwight Howard
4. Blake griffin
5. Tony Parker
6. Russell Westbrook (injured)
7. Serge Ibaka
8. Al Jefferson
9. Anthony Davis
10. Kevin Love
11. Chris Paul

12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Demar derozan
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Goran dragic
16. John wall
17. Bradley Beal
18. Kay Thompson
19. Stephen curry
20. Kyrie Irving
21. Kevin Love
22. Demarcus cousins
23. Deandre Jordan
24. Kawhi Leonard
25. Dirk nowitski
26. Monte Ellis
27. Mike Conley
28. Eric Bledsoe
29. Gordon hayward

30. Lamarcus Aldridge
31. Damian lillard
32. Nicholas Batum
33. Derrick rose
34. Dwayne wade
35. Chris Bosh

Again, these are few and simply based on statistics (fg% ft% 3pt % rebounds assists win share, PER etc.) Kobes definitely the best 36 and older player outside of nowitski. And arguably better than certain players on this list depending on health (wade, rose). By no means do I think kobe isn't greater than anyone on this list but you can't tell me 40 year old Jordan was a superstar and he had even less mileage than kobe at that point. So it's not an insult to realistically assess his current ability to produce at an elite level in all these statistical categories.

Those names you mentioned in bold are straight up hilarious. BTW you mentioned Kevin Love twice come on man. Please try harder next time before you make bogus list like this.

Some people are so clouded by their hate of Kobe that they would churn out bogus lists....I think I know what type of fan you are by looking at the join date....Kobe is the best player on this team...deal with it.

Moderators -- Categorizing people as Lin fans should be banned based on join date should be banned.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
ragga92 wrote:
Would Kobe have been better if we had better players around him? Almost certainly but we don't and he is the only one who can score so he has to take the shots that probably he shouldn't at times.

Coming into this season he had hardly played in two season and is 36. What do people expect from a guy who is 36 and has hardly played for so long?

I love Kobe and always will, he is a legend of the sport and more importantly of the Lakers but he is no where near the player he was and I think people should stop treating him like he is a top 20-30 player in the NBA because he is not and I am sure he knows it as well.

For the people who want him traded, he is the only thing we have left that makes us half attractable to watch. With out Kobe, the Lakers are irrelevant. Who are we going to watch Price, Sacre, Johnson, Boozer and Kelly play, that would be rock bottom.

Our only way up is bringing in some young talent and developing them over a year or two and that will make our team attractive in terms of big names wanting to join the Lakers. Ed Davis is a start, Randle will be decent after he gets over this sad setback. A top 3 pick in this draft hopefully top 2 should get us a very good player that we can build a team with.

Kobe wont be there when we become a play offs side but his contribution to this group of players especially the two that I think will be part of a successful Lakers side in Davis and Randle is so important for our future. Kobe is arguably the most professional hard working player in the NBA. Just by watching him and training with him will make them better players.

Don't worry about his shooting because we are no good regardless of how he shoots but the role he will play in developing these young guys is the most important role he has with us in the next two seasons.

We will be back!

Who are these 20-30 players better than Kobe right now? Please list them that's silly.

There is certainly not 20-30 players with a greater legacy than kobe. but statistically speaking take your pick... he was clutch tonight though for sure.

This isn't a legacy debate but who are these 20-30 players that are better than Kobe currently list them.

We have to face the fact that many haters pose as Laker / Kobe fans on the interwebz.

I'm not posing as a kobe fan hater or something in between. However there are 30 teams in the league kobe is not better than most #1 options and many #2's at this point in his career in terms of fg%'s assists rebounds etc. that's probably 45ish players that are statistically better than him right now at 36 years of age and coming off a serious injury. I'm not "hating" on Kobe.

(No particular order)
1. Lebron james
3. Dwight Howard
4. Blake griffin
5. Tony Parker
7. Serge Ibaka
8. Al Jefferson
9. Anthony Davis
10. Kevin Love
11. Chris Paul

12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Demar derozan
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Goran dragic
16. John wall
17. Bradley Beal
18. Kay Thompson
19. Stephen curry
20. Kyrie Irving
21. Kevin Love
22. Demarcus cousins
23. Deandre Jordan
24. Kawhi Leonard
25. Dirk nowitski
26. Monte Ellis
27. Mike Conley
28. Eric Bledsoe
29. Gordon hayward

30. Lamarcus Aldridge
31. Damian lillard
32. Nicholas Batum
33. Derrick rose
34. Dwayne wade
35. Chris Bosh

Again, these are few and simply based on statistics (fg% ft% 3pt % rebounds assists win share, PER etc.) Kobes definitely the best 36 and older player outside of nowitski. And arguably better than certain players on this list depending on health (wade, rose). By no means do I think kobe isn't greater than anyone on this list but you can't tell me 40 year old Jordan was a superstar and he had even less mileage than kobe at that point. So it's not an insult to realistically assess his current ability to produce at an elite level in all these statistical categories.

Those names you mentioned in bold are straight up hilarious. BTW you mentioned Kevin Love twice come on man. Please try harder next time before you make bogus list like this.

Some people are so clouded by their hate of Kobe that they would churn out bogus lists....I think I know what type of fan you are by looking at the join date....Kobe is the best player on this team...deal with it.

Moderators -- Categorizing people as Lin fans should be banned based on join date should be banned.

You just can't stand it when we are willing to defend our franchise player. As another poster pointed out his list was inherently flawed.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
ragga92 wrote:

We will be back!

(No particular order)
1. Lebron james
3. Dwight Howard
4. Blake griffin
5. Tony Parker
7. Serge Ibaka
8. Al Jefferson
9. Anthony Davis
10. Kevin Love
11. Chris Paul

12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Demar derozan
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Goran dragic
16. John wall
17. Bradley Beal
18. Kay Thompson
19. Stephen curry
20. Kyrie Irving
21. Kevin Love
22. Demarcus cousins
23. Deandre Jordan
24. Kawhi Leonard
25. Dirk nowitski
26. Monte Ellis
27. Mike Conley
28. Eric Bledsoe
29. Gordon hayward

30. Lamarcus Aldridge
31. Damian lillard
32. Nicholas Batum
33. Derrick rose
34. Dwayne wade
35. Chris Bosh

You just can't stand it when we are willing to defend our franchise player. As another poster pointed out his list was inherently flawed.

I'm a Lakers fan from the Showtime era and supported Kobe in his squabbles with Shaq. So we're on the same side. I just don't like it when "Lakers" fans try to put themselves on pedestals based on join date.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50
Jump to: