TEASER: Better Call Saul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: TEASER: Better Call Saul

Oh man. Mike and Saul. Can't wait!

Sneak Peek: Better Call Saul: No Parking

(I know there is a thread for this somewhere, but since the search function on LG is for (bleep) these days, I was unable to bump it - sorry)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I heard Odenkirk (Saul) on the radio doing some kind of promo for it and it sounded interesting. But that teaser left a lot to be desired.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
But that teaser left a lot to be desired.

That teaser doesn't need to create desire. BB already accomplished that.

Can't freakin' wait!
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Didn't know Mike was in this. My desire to see this spinoff just jumped up dramatically now.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject:

Meh.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
But that teaser left a lot to be desired.

That teaser doesn't need to create desire. BB already accomplished that.

Can't freakin' wait!

Exactly. This teaser left nothing to be desired at all. It was a perfect taste of seeing two favorite characters interacting again and it was great!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Didn't know Mike was in this. My desire to see this spinoff just jumped up dramatically now.

Apparently Mike is not the only BB character Saul may encounter. Oddenkirk has hinted in interviews that the fact that this is a prequel opens the door to seeing other BB characters briefly return to the screen including Walter and Jesse.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Meh.

I feel the same way towards this show. I loved Breaking Bad, and I loved Saul, but a spinoff, a comedic one at that, doesn't really interest me that much. I'll watch it once in a while, but I don't think I'll be intently following it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:

can't wait for this... love Breaking Bad so bad... anyways, was it established Walter White did die at the end? like no shocking 24-ish Tony reincarnation?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Meh.

I feel the same way towards this show. I loved Breaking Bad, and I loved Saul, but a spinoff, a comedic one at that, doesn't really interest me that much. I'll watch it once in a while, but I don't think I'll be intently following it.

It's actually not going to be a comedy - at least not in the sense it was originally envisioned. Once they got into actually producing the show, it became clear that the material wasn't going to play as straight comedy. Thus they changed format from half hour to one hour and became darker than originally envisioned.

But by all means, don't watch if it doesn't interest you.

Just don't complain about people posting "spoilers" when you find yourself trying to catch up because the show turns out to be more "must see TV".
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Meh.

As Mule said, it's not going to be a comedy at all. It's just that Sauls's character is inherently humorous. It'll try to have the same vibe as BB did.

I once convinced a woman I was Kevin Costner.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Meh.

As Mule said, it's not going to be a comedy at all. It's just that Sauls's character is inherently humorous. It'll try to have the same vibe as BB did.

I once convinced a woman I was Kevin Costner.

Because YOU believed you were him.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Meh.

It's actually not going to be a comedy - at least not in the sense it was originally envisioned. Once they got into actually producing the show, it became clear that the material wasn't going to play as straight comedy. Thus they changed format from half hour to one hour and became darker than originally envisioned.

Just don't complain about people posting "spoilers" when you find yourself trying to catch up because the show turns out to be more "must see TV".

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of that. Admittedly, I hadn't been aware of anything regarding the show other than its existence, the fact that it would be revolved around Saul, and that characters from the original series may be making cameos. That actually does sound intriguing.

I was planning on watching the series premiere and then gauging my interest from there, but reading more about it has peaked my interest
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
tony smith wrote:
Meh.

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of that. Admittedly, I hadn't been aware of anything regarding the show other than its existence, the fact that it would be revolved around Saul, and that characters from the original series may be making cameos. That actually does sound intriguing.

I was planning on watching the series premiere and then gauging my interest from there, but reading more about it has peaked my interest

We'll see how it all turns out. My confidence in the show's pedigree is definitely mixed with a large degree of hope. Hopefully that confidence is not misplaced.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Need a new show to get into and run with. Finished Dexter a few months ago , SoA is over in 1 week. Walking Dead is the only one I'm following at the moment. Hoping this will have the same tone as BB. i liked Mike's character and was sad to see him get taken out. ( I doubt that's a spoiler anymore)

**I can't help but remember him as the bad guy in Beverly Hills Cop, though. lol
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Need a new show to get into and run with. Finished Dexter a few months ago , SoA is over in 1 week. Walking Dead is the only one I'm following at the moment. Hoping this will have the same tone as BB. i liked Mike's character and was sad to see him get taken out. ( I doubt that's a spoiler anymore)

**I can't help but remember him as the bad guy in Beverly Hills Cop, though. lol

To my mind, Mike Ehrmantraut was one of the most intriguing characters we have seen on TV - outside of the obvious in regards to main characters and supporting roles).

On one hand, he's just a hired gun to take of matters, no matter how ugly they may be.

On the other, he's clearly a guy who has a legitimate sense of decency and honor.

Every scene Mike was in, there was something deeper going on just by his presence. Whether it be when felt like he was the most dangerous guy in the room, but he was the last one you needed to worry about. Or, when was the most callous one in a room full of ruthless people, while still being the most compassionate.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

To my mind, Mike Ehrmantraut was one of the most intriguing characters we have seen on TV - outside of the obvious in regards to main characters and supporting roles).

On one hand, he's just a hired gun to take of matters, no matter how ugly they may be.

On the other, he's clearly a guy who has a legitimate sense of decency and honor.

Every scene Mike was in, there was something deeper going on just by his presence. Whether it be when felt like he was the most dangerous guy in the room, but he was the last one you needed to worry about. Or, when was the most callous one in a room full of ruthless people, while still being the most compassionate.

+1. Thinking back on it. A show about Mike and Jesse would have been awesome, too... if things had gone differently. It was cool to see the dynamic between those 2, as opposed to how it was with Jesse and Walt.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I'll never forget Mike's story about half measures and full measures. That was one of the most powerful scenes in BB for me.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Another sneak peek.....

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/23/7439371/better-call-saul-teaser

Better Call Jimmy doesn't really have the same ring...

Kiss my Converse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: