Byron Scott rips team for lack of D

i am wondering what change he can get?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LOL

Byron throws team under the bus...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Lakers are too easy to defend...teams just sink around Kobe and know eventually they'll wear him down. No one else on the team scares anybody. Inside defense was awful however. Just weird...knowing that the team is going to lose. It's not even a surprise.

When Kobe shoot well, guys will defer to him as he is hot. When he is not shooting well, he would want to shoot more to get out of the shooting slump.

As result, team's offense is predictable and easy for opposing team to defend. Guys in the team feeling not involved in the play get discouraged and under-performed.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

actually the offense as a team has been very solid except the first couple of games... they just could not defend, if they can defend better, they will get more transition points, the offense will be even better
ShowTimeNow
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

[url=http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11868151/los-angeles-lakers-coach-byron-scott-rips-team-lack-defense?ex_cid=espnapi_public][/url]
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Lakers are too easy to defend...teams just sink around Kobe and know eventually they'll wear him down. No one else on the team scares anybody. Inside defense was awful however. Just weird...knowing that the team is going to lose. It's not even a surprise.

When Kobe shoot well, guys will defer to him as he is hot. When he is not shooting well, he would want to shoot more to get out of the shooting slump.

As result, team's offense is predictable and easy for opposing team to defend. Guys in the team feeling not involved in the play get discouraged and under-performed.

don't think anything can change Boozer, he will NOT defend whatsoever,
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

butterfingerz10 wrote:
Lin should've worked on his handles over the summer. They're still god awful

Who needs handles when they are a PG?
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Defend Kobe, limite Lin's penetration. Live with Hill and Boozer's medium range shots. Force Kobe into a lot of shots, rebound his misses. Lakers need 3 point gunners to open floor.
Tonnny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Tonnny wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

don't think anything can change Boozer, he will NOT defend whatsoever,

he may at least raise his hand up, lol
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject:

Tonnny wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Great point.
If the Lakers have a great center who can dominate the rebound, they have second chance to score after Kobe's missing.
But Jordan Hill and Boozer are not great rebounder.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject:

rtype wrote:
daytrader wrote:
I actually like the idea that Kobe gets more points so he passes Jordan soon. He is already 36. Just in case there was an injury (knock the woods), it'd be a devastating if he didn't achieve it. He deserved it after what he brought to the franchise.

yup looks like hes going all out to get it, then its retirement for him imo... which frees up a huge salary space for the lakers..

i hope julius randle returns strong like blake griffin after his rookie yr injury...

You believe as soon as Kobe passes MJ on all-time scoring list he will just retire and leave next season off the table not finishing his two year 48.5 million dollar contract.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject:

Our defense sucks.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject:

What bugs me is that when we play good defense we can't catch a break...like against the Clippers and the Grizzlies...two games that we could of had...but calls didn't go our way.

I'd like to see one game where the calls go our way. But I'm not sure that will happen.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
People need to relax... we have the worse starting schedule in the league...

things will be better after Nov 18. you will see...

we will be breaking .500 record by christmas

Breaking 0.500 is incredibly optimistic, but I do agree that our schedule is making us look worse than we actually are right now.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Defend Kobe, limite Lin's penetration. Live with Hill and Boozer's medium range shots. Force Kobe into a lot of shots, rebound his misses. Lakers need 3 point gunners to open floor.

I blame BS. The offensive system is stagnant. There are hardly ever any 2nd (hockey) assists because they get passed up. Lin doesn't have nearly as many shots as Kobe because he only takes what is there from the 3 or makes a play for the basket, using his speed if he sees any sort of a lane open. They are hardly every there. Conversely Kobe shoots no matter what and he does make some amazing shots. However amazing or not, consistently below 40% spels another loss.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
butterfingerz10 wrote:

I'm still surprised that he hasn't developed some sort of go-to offensive move. You would think that a guy who has the ball in his hand that much could create a shot for himself when needed, even if it's a not-so-great shot. His handles is suspect because he launches himself into traffic with no idea of what he's going to do.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

[quote="catman2u"]
bws94 wrote:
I blame BS. The offensive system is stagnant. There are hardly ever any 2nd (hockey) assists because they get passed up. Lin doesn't have nearly as many shots as Kobe because he only takes what is there from the 3 or makes a play for the basket, using his speed if he sees any sort of a lane open. They are hardly every there. Conversely Kobe shoots no matter what and he does make some amazing shots. However amazing or not, consistently below 40% spels another loss.

the ball simply does not move in this offense. they have practiced and installed exactly one set on offense and it worked the first few times we used it but now that teams have film on it, they're taking it away.

that set is designed to get kobe the ball with a clean look. once opponents take that away, we don't have a counter. either that or kobe refuses to go to option 2 and jacks up a low percentage shot. kobe wants others to be more involved and aggressive. well, they need the ball to be able to do something with it. just because the ball goes to him first to shift the D, doesn't mean it should end with him. he's right though - maybe he SHOULD pass on those bail-out shots and actually move the ball to the weak side so someone that has a cleaner look can take the shot.

the reason we get such low assist numbers as a team is because everyone takes low percentage contested shots. these shots are contested because the D is set and we're not doing anything to move the defense by moving the ball. when we do, like in the Charlotte game, we get good looks. and the guy that started moving the ball in that game? kobe. he gave lin a few open 3's on the weakside in that game and that made a difference.

maybe they need more practice time to figure out how to move without the ball so kobe can find them when he's double and triple teamed, or off of lin penetrations? i don't know, but there are way too many low percentage contested shots taken by this offense.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
What bugs me is that when we play good defense we can't catch a break...like against the Clippers and the Grizzlies...two games that we could of had...but calls didn't go our way.

I'd like to see one game where the calls go our way. But I'm not sure that will happen.

People dont appreciate those games when they happen. They just don't complain about the officiating much that day. I learned that quickly from my umpiring days. If even one close call goes the other way, the fans are convinced the refs are on the other teams payroll.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
MorlockO wrote:

Breaking 0.500 is incredibly optimistic, but I do agree that our schedule is making us look worse than we actually are right now.

I checked the schedule and I dont see if/when it gets any easier.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MorlockO wrote:

I checked the schedule and I dont see if/when it gets any easier.

December Schedule:

Tue, Dec 2 @Detroit (Winnable)

Wed, Dec 3 ( a t ) Washington (Winnable)

Fri, Dec 5 @Boston (Winnable)

Sun, Dec 7 vsNew Orleans (Lose)

Tue, Dec 9 vsSacramento (Winnable)

Fri, Dec 12 @San Antonio(Lose)

Sun, Dec 14 -at- Minnesota (Winnable)

Mon, Dec 15 ( a t ) Indiana (Winnable)

Fri, Dec 19 vsOklahoma City (Winnable)
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Does Byron really run a Princeton offense? I remember for the Kings it was a lot of layups and 3s from passes and cuts. Byron's offense looks nothing like that.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................1-0
K0BEE 2.0.........................0-2
diando..............................0-2
Don Draper.......................0-2
Laker Intervention.............0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pio2u is killing the competition right now.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Does Byron really run a Princeton offense? I remember for the Kings it was a lot of layups and 3s from passes and cuts. Byron's offense looks nothing like that.

Princeton offense needs a very good Big that can pass from the high post.

Lakers does not have that.

If we have Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol , Tim Duncan type players, our offense would have been better.

then again, our offense is not the problem, its Defense, and rebounding.
rayfantastic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

AT least we're still unbeaten against the east
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

brunel wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
butterfingerz10 wrote:

I'm still surprised that he hasn't developed some sort of go-to offensive move. You would think that a guy who has the ball in his hand that much could create a shot for himself when needed, even if it's a not-so-great shot. His handles is suspect because he launches himself into traffic with no idea of what he's going to do.

Tripping over yourself twice a game isn't a go-to move?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: