LAKERS -at- PELICANS - 11-12-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject:

ghostowl wrote:
Few things to note.

Davis needs to start because our bigs are too soft. Both Boozer and Hill are not rebounders and (Boozer especially) doesn't play defense. Starting Davis will give our team at least a paint that is semi-guarded.

The thing that pisses me off about Boozer is not his no defense, no rebounds, no guarding opposing guards off of PNR. The thing that pisses me off the most is his contested 2 point jumpers he takes all day over passing. Sometimes, you just have to read what the defense gives you. Contested long 2 is the most inefficient shot in the game, and Boozer LOVES to take them. I have not seen him pass a ball back after he got his hands on it (except twice to Kobe).

This guy is the perfect representation of a negative asset with high points. When he gives us 16 points, it might look impressive, but there are so many downsides he gives us that it's actually not good. The most important downside he gives us besides the contested 2? The more he plays, the less Davis plays.

Boozer's got bad habits, and I'm not sure he can change.
Davis is the player the Lakers want to keep past this year. Not Boozer. They should be more interested in his development, and in keeping him happy.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject:

Davis should have started a while ago. No reason we start games with Boozer and Hill letting everyong go in the paint giving the other teams easy points and confidence.

Start tough with Davis to set the tone. Let Boozer dominate the other team's second unit bigs.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
ghostowl wrote:
Few things to note.

Davis needs to start because our bigs are too soft. Both Boozer and Hill are not rebounders and (Boozer especially) doesn't play defense. Starting Davis will give our team at least a paint that is semi-guarded.

The thing that pisses me off about Boozer is not his no defense, no rebounds, no guarding opposing guards off of PNR. The thing that pisses me off the most is his contested 2 point jumpers he takes all day over passing. Sometimes, you just have to read what the defense gives you. Contested long 2 is the most inefficient shot in the game, and Boozer LOVES to take them. I have not seen him pass a ball back after he got his hands on it (except twice to Kobe).

This guy is the perfect representation of a negative asset with high points. When he gives us 16 points, it might look impressive, but there are so many downsides he gives us that it's actually not good. The most important downside he gives us besides the contested 2? The more he plays, the less Davis plays.

Boozer's got bad habits, and I'm not sure he can change.
Davis is the player the Lakers want to keep past this year. Not Boozer. They should be more interested in his development, and in keeping him happy.

To be fair, Boozer shots almost 50% from the field. It is really not bad...
ShowTimeNow
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Davis should have started a while ago. No reason we start games with Boozer and Hill letting everyong go in the paint giving the other teams easy points and confidence.

Start tough with Davis to set the tone. Let Boozer dominate the other team's second unit bigs.

I agree, but Ed does get into foul trouble alot though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: