Ramona Shelburne: Lakers won't stand pat this year... will make moves to be relevant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

If Hill was a good shot-blocker and a rim protector he would be a all-star player.... nonetheless.... as long as his stats rise there is gonna be a lot of teams calling for him during the TD...... if we stay afloat and some team offers a good deal and Hill accepts the trade... that might put us into the playoffs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If Hill was a good shot-blocker and a rim protector he would be a all-star player.... nonetheless.... as long as his stats rise there is gonna be a lot of teams calling for him during the TD...... if we stay afloat and some team offers a good deal and Hill accepts the trade... that might put us into the playoffs.

PLAYOFFS?? .... not happening

(looking forward to a very high draft pick and new young talent for next season)
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

You can throw the high-pick scenario out the window with Young back.... now the offense will be more smooth and the Lakers will have more opportunities to spread the floor.... Mitch has no plan to throw this season into the dirt.... that is what the pro-tankers fantasy is.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Find a way to trade for Rondo, then in the summer resign Rondo and sign Jimmy Butler. 2016, with Hill and Kobe coming off the books, we can chase Durant and a center.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

In your scenario, Hill does well and he will get traded to another team for a player that is even better than Hill?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Find a way to trade for Rondo, then in the summer resign Rondo and sign Jimmy Butler. 2016, with Hill and Kobe coming off the books, we can chase Durant and a center.

Instead why not trade lin/houston pick /kelly for perkins/r jackson

Or hill/houston pick/kelly for perkins/jackson
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I would be very happy with the first trade. Reggie would be my preferred target this offseason. Getting him now would be even better.

I would rather trade Lin over Hill though. Hill is doing a good job for us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Rondo is literally the last guy in the NBA I would want leading a team of young players going forward.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I don't know why OKC would to that. I guess if Jackson walks after the season we would still have that cap space.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I would be very happy with the first trade. Reggie would be my preferred target this offseason. Getting him now would be even better.

Plus if Hill doesn't want to spend his winter in OKC, that trade would never happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Plus if Hill doesn't want to spend his winter in OKC, that trade would never happen.

My pipe dream? Lin/Hill/Houston 1st and 2nd for Perkins/RJax/fillers.

Get a backup PG, better big man AND a 1st.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

OKC will not help us.

Not going happen. OKC wants to win a championship and show Durant that they are not rebuilding.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
Sounds like Ramona's speculating, as opposed to reporting.

that's pretty much what she does all the time. it's a sorry and pathetic way to try to get herself "out there".

piss poor "reporter" to say the least.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Can't the Lakers remove Hill's no trade status by picking up his 2nd year? They don't need to use him as an expiring anyway since they have Nash's deal Anyone looking to acquire Hill is to keep him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Can't the Lakers remove Hill's no trade status by picking up his 2nd year? They don't need to use him as an expiring anyway since they have Nash's deal Anyone looking to acquire Hill is to keep him.

They can. But not sure they want to chop off $9m in cap space for 2015. Depending on whether we get a top 5 pick, that means we don't have enough room to offer a max contract, which the FO has repeatedly targeted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

The problem is that the second year might make Hill less tradable.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

They can. But not sure they want to chop off $9m in cap space for 2015. Depending on whether we get a top 5 pick, that means we don't have enough room to offer a max contract, which the FO has repeatedly targeted.

The leverage with hill is that if he vetoes a trade, he kisses the 9 mil goodbye, along with his bird rights. It would be better to take a trade and have the new team able to pick up the option, or if not, still be able to get larger raises on a new deal.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

So with the current record at 3-11 how much longer will the Lakers wait to make moves to be relevant? or is this management full of themselves and think everything will be okay by the AS break?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
So with the current record at 3-11 how much longer will the Lakers wait to make moves to be relevant? or is this management full of themselves and think everything will be okay by the AS break?

Its not OK, but I'm pretty sure the lack of moves during the summer was an indication of where this season was going....if you figured they were gonna go 9-1 or 10-0, then I don't know what to say to you....
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Like I said in the previous post on another thread.... Scott fooled the Lakers with the hire... he keeps saying the right things and I got fooled thinking that he was gonna make sure players understand the value of wearing the P&G jersey... I was wrong... like a lot of fans....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Like I said in the previous post on another thread.... Scott fooled the Lakers with the hire... he keeps saying the right things and I got fooled thinking that he was gonna make sure players understand the value of wearing the P&G jersey... I was wrong... like a lot of fans....

I don't think he fooled them at all...they interviewed him 5 times, they did their due diligence....not to mention they already know his past coaching records...the fact that they took their sweet time making that coaching hire not to mention they only hired him after they made their relatively paltry free agency haul tells me they had the perfect coach to accomplish the job.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The Lakers are thin in the Assets category and likely don't have enough of those Assets to make the needed moves to be relevant this season.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

OKC will not help us.

Not going happen. OKC wants to win a championship and show Durant that they are not rebuilding.

Then why didn't they keep Harden and trade away Green for Perkins? IMO that shows they weren't willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I don't think he fooled them at all...they interviewed him 5 times, they did their due diligence....not to mention they already know his past coaching records...the fact that they took their sweet time making that coaching hire not to mention they only hired him after they made their relatively paltry free agency haul tells me they had the perfect coach to accomplish the job.

If he was the perfect coach... I would think they would have surround the roster with good defenders...... if you look at his previous coaching stunts he's always had multiple good defenders on his team.... this team has no defender on the squad... so the hire is kind of suspicious.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The Lakers are thin in the Assets category and likely don't have enough of those Assets to make the needed moves to be relevant this season.

thin is a generous word. they have no assets right now. Randle is hurt.

Hill/Lin gets u same players as they are...they are not going to bring back anything of value. I would trade hill to atl for 1st

just let it sink to rock bottom and start over in summer.

4picks + randle + 22mil cap space.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18
Jump to: