JaVale McGee

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: JaVale McGee

Everyone is going to say I'm dreaming, I'm crazy etc. etc. and you might be right, but that's the purpose of these forums, so pass the pipe!

JaVale McGee seems to be on the outs in Denver, somewhat like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole, it's just not happening and with Mozgov, Hickson and Faried, its relatively crowded in the front court for the Nuggets, so in steps the LA LAKERS!

McGee's contract is bloated and could use some ROLAIDS for Denver considering they have 2 more years to pay him 11mil. Send Steve's expiring contract for McGee and the Nuggets lose nothing but salary and gain some cap space. The Lakers get the rim protector that they need, a true center to protect the middle. He won't provide much offensively, but he will bring toughness, defense and size.

This deal is workable, maybe LA can add some cash or a second round pic to sweeten the deal, but it should be feasible for both teams to get it done. Will they... I doubt it!

Lin + Kobe + Johnson + Boozer + McGee
Price + Clarkson + Young + Davis + Hill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject:

I've been saying this since last off season. However now we might better served just to wait until the offseason. If we don't get a C we like we can absorb him for a tpe.

By having McGee start and Ed Davis off the bench our rim protection improves dramatically. Good fit next to randle too. We would just need a defensive wing to be a good defensive team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject:

Mcgee may be what the lakers need right now, so the Laker's need to start talking to Denver. Lets get this ball rolling!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

No thanks. Don't want to eat 12m into the cap next summer.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Is it the 12 mil or the player, gonna have to pay someone to play center. We have some nice pieces but the team is incomplete without a center.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Is it the 12 mil or the player, gonna have to pay someone to play center. We have some nice pieces but the team is incomplete without a center.

That's why they have bill on a team option in case they can't grab a center. I think I like hill on a 1 year $9m deal over McGee.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough, cause I like Hill also, just not at center. Not enough height. We need a legit big man over 7ft who can defend and not be bullied.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mde24 wrote:

That's why they have bill on a team option in case they can't grab a center. I think I like hill on a 1 year $9m deal over McGee.

Not me. Another year of Hill as our starting C would spell disaster. 0 rim protection.

I'll take McGee at $12m over Hill at $9m
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
mde24 wrote:

Not me. Another year of Hill as our starting C would spell disaster. 0 rim protection.

From what I've read he's still not recovered from his injuries, can't stay on the floor. I just think he's not the type of super low BBALL IQ guy that will survive with Kobe. Dude will literally kill him next season on the court.

I get the intrigue, but let's be honest, McGee got his ridiculous contract for 2 reasons: 1) 3 playoff games against the Lakers in the playoffs; 2) athletic 7 footer. That's about it.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised a lot of Kobe's past and current teammates these past 2 years haven't come up missing. Come to think of it where's Ryan? This whole team is full of low BBall IQ guys A few more blowout losses like last night's GS's only 2 people will exit the plane coming home to Lax . Kobe & Bryan. Somewhere over California and the Pacific the Plane Doors opened and players "Jumped?" Bring on Mcgee IQ wise he fits in with this bunch, he'll get a pass if he can defend the rim, if he can't he will join the rest of the team with their faces on milk cartons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
I'm surprised a lot of Kobe's past and current teammates these past 2 years haven't come up missing. Come to think of it where's Ryan? This whole team is full of low BBall IQ guys A few more blowout losses like last night's GS's only 2 people will exit the plane coming home to Lax . Kobe & Bryan. Somewhere over California and the Pacific the Plane Doors opened and players "Jumped?" Bring on Mcgee IQ wise he fits in with this bunch, he'll get a pass if he can defend the rim, if he can't he will join the rest of the team with their faces on milk cartons.

I was intrigued until you see he can't even get off the bench on a horrible Denver team, and he's still injured (may be something that lingers). Couple that with Wes Johnson level low BBALL IQ and no thanks. I think Lakers will look for better upgrades at $12m. Could get an Asik, or for a bit more, Hibbert, or even R.Lopez at that price.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
mde24 wrote:

From what I've read he's still not recovered from his injuries, can't stay on the floor. I just think he's not the type of super low BBALL IQ guy that will survive with Kobe. Dude will literally kill him next season on the court.

I get the intrigue, but let's be honest, McGee got his ridiculous contract for 2 reasons: 1) 3 playoff games against the Lakers in the playoffs; 2) athletic 7 footer. That's about it.

Crap I thought he was healthy again.

Well screw that. I'm done with injured goods. I'd rather not have either him or Hill next year
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

We would have quite possibly the lowest bball IQ ever for a front court if we pulled that off
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Pass. I'd rather spend the money on a Greg Monroe, Julius Randle, Ed Davis front court. McGee has injury problems and zero bball iq.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I'll accept JaVale McGee as a Laker if I can have his mother.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: