Knicks are almost as shat as we are
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
DimesnD wrote:
To judge a team trying to learn the triangle in the first 10 games is completely premature. The shat part doesn't even come into play until mid season.

I've heard this learning curve argument a couple of times, and I don't understand it. Neither the 2000 Lakers nor the 1990 Bulls experienced much of one in their first years of running the triangle.

The conclusion to all this is that the TRIANGLE really only works for REAL SUPERSTARS (Kobe, Pippen, Shaq and MJ). Not for some of these "just because I make the super max, that means I am a superstar" players.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

There's only a learning curve with the tri if the players have poor IQ... and then the triangle is a nightmare regardless of the curve with dumb players You go from being awful at it to being really bad. With the Lakers, Shaq was dominant so there was no curve even when we messed the tri up. Same with Chicago and Jordan. 2006? Kobe was like MJ and he bailed us out whenever we needed it. Melo can't bail out the Knicks...

FAs have to think about this... assuming we get a top 5 pick: Would you rather come to LA where you have Randle, a top 5 pick and all the cap space in the world with Kobe expiring in 1 year OR do you want to go to NY with a 31 yo Melo taking 20+ mil of cap space for years, a lottery pick and far less cap space than LA?

Decision seems pretty easy to me. The better situation is going to be LA.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
There's only a learning curve with the tri if the players have poor IQ... and then the triangle is a nightmare regardless of the curve with dumb players You go from being awful at it to being really bad. With the Lakers, Shaq was dominant so there was no curve even when we messed the tri up. Same with Chicago and Jordan. 2006? Kobe was like MJ and he bailed us out whenever we needed it. Melo can't bail out the Knicks...

FAs have to think about this... assuming we get a top 5 pick: Would you rather come to LA where you have Randle, a top 5 pick and all the cap space in the world with Kobe expiring in 1 year OR do you want to go to NY with a 31 yo Melo taking 20+ mil of cap space for years, a lottery pick and far less cap space than LA?

Decision seems pretty easy to me. The better situation is going to be LA.

I agree, our situation looks more appealing than the Knicks situation but I will never underestimate the allure of Phil to these players, its almost the same as Pat Riley's we currently don't have that.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: