Bill Cosby accused of rape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I saw a CNN special on the Cosby affair(s) and they interviewed famous model Beverly Johnson. She was one of the pioneering African-American models in the 70s, first black woman on Vogue, etc. They did a timeline of her life. When she was discovered, she was on a full-ride scholarship at Northwestern Uni, so she's not a dummy. To make this story short, she's the kind of witness on the stand that would make the defense sweat. Her speech and presentation were calm, smart, and convincing. She's not vaguely odd or an emotional shell like some of the other accusers. She comes off as a nice, caring person -- they showed her longtime involvement with a sick children's charity so she's got moral substance. Not only that, having lived in NYC for years, she had some level of real life smarts. From NPZ's POV, she sounded highly believable and I -do- believe her.

She said in the 80s, Cosby called her into a brownstone apartment in NY furnished by the network to audition, perhaps for the Cosby Show or some other project. At the time, she was looking to transition into TV. She said Bill was raving about his new cappuccino machine and insisted she try a cup. He gave it to her and she drank it and their convo went on. At some point, the story winds up in the same place as the others. She felt dizzy, very drowsy, and was slurring her words. She wanted to lay down and she said Bill put his hands on her hips.

At some point she realized that he pulled something on her because she knew that she never felt that way before. She backed away from him, cocked her head, glared at him and said, "Yer a mother (bleeper) aren't you?", meaning "I KNOW you drugged my ass bleepity bleep..." She said he was taken aback (he knew the jig was up) and he had her taken downstairs and taxi'd away. Beverly had enough self-awareness to get out of that. Seeing her talk about it, it's clear she has no reason to lie. She said all the same reasons for why she didn't say anything, namely, she knew no one would believe her and her desires to get into TV would be dashed.

It's hard to imagine Coz doing sh like that, but it looks like he was using that old tried-n-true 70s method of knocking chics out with Quaaludes, a la Roman Polanski. Quaalude was discontinued because of rampant misuse, as was Halcion iirc. Another weird road to take is to consider what his issue was. If that was truly his style, the guy had a paraphilia at best, or a rapist's mentality at worst. You never know........people can shock you with their ability to compartmentalize their lives.

I saw that interview as well. It's not looking good for Bill.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I saw a CNN special on the Cosby affair(s) and they interviewed famous model Beverly Johnson. She was one of the pioneering African-American models in the 70s, first black woman on Vogue, etc. They did a timeline of her life. When she was discovered, she was on a full-ride scholarship at Northwestern Uni, so she's not a dummy. To make this story short, she's the kind of witness on the stand that would make the defense sweat. Her speech and presentation were calm, smart, and convincing. She's not vaguely odd or an emotional shell like some of the other accusers. She comes off as a nice, caring person -- they showed her longtime involvement with a sick children's charity so she's got moral substance. Not only that, having lived in NYC for years, she had some level of real life smarts. From NPZ's POV, she sounded highly believable and I -do- believe her.

She said in the 80s, Cosby called her into a brownstone apartment in NY furnished by the network to audition, perhaps for the Cosby Show or some other project. At the time, she was looking to transition into TV. She said Bill was raving about his new cappuccino machine and insisted she try a cup. He gave it to her and she drank it and their convo went on. At some point, the story winds up in the same place as the others. She felt dizzy, very drowsy, and was slurring her words. She wanted to lay down and she said Bill put his hands on her hips.

At some point she realized that he pulled something on her because she knew that she never felt that way before. She backed away from him, cocked her head, glared at him and said, "Yer a mother (bleeper) aren't you?", meaning "I KNOW you drugged my ass bleepity bleep..." She said he was taken aback (he knew the jig was up) and he had her taken downstairs and taxi'd away. Beverly had enough self-awareness to get out of that. Seeing her talk about it, it's clear she has no reason to lie. She gave all the same reasons for why she didn't say anything, namely, she knew no one would believe her and her desires to get into TV would be dashed.

It's hard to imagine Coz doing sh like that, but it looks like he was using that old tried-n-true 70s method of knocking chics out with Quaaludes, a la Roman Polanski. Quaalude was discontinued because of rampant misuse, as was Halcion iirc. Another weird road to take is to consider what his issue was. If that was truly his style, the guy had a paraphilia at best, or a rapist's mentality at worst. You never know........people can shock you with their ability to compartmentalize their lives.

True. On another forum I am LeBronJamesMilesDavis

But seriously, it's not looking good for the Cos, and black folks don't have his back because he jumped down our throats about social issues but left out any sort of historical context or economic/social realities. OTOH. Cosby is Cosby. He's rich and will always be so. He's going to ride off into the sunset and when all is said and done, affluent black folks will steep their children "Cosby" just as Americans are steeped in noted white supremacists and slave "owners" Washington, Jefferson etc....
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LBJ/MD wrote:
But seriously, it's not looking good for the Cos, and black folks don't have his back because he jumped down our throats about social issues but left out any sort of historical context or economic/social realities. OTOH. Cosby is Cosby. He's rich and will always be so. He's going to ride off into the sunset and when all is said and done, affluent black folks will steep their children "Cosby" just as Americans are steeped in noted white supremacists and slave "owners" Washington, Jefferson etc....

Sh, Jefferson's a primo example. By day, eloquent spokesman for the natural rights of man, and at night...let's not go there. Talk about compartmentalizing. These are also men that can be characterized as great men in certain refrains. Problem is the OTHER refrains that give you the whole picture of them with their all-too-human foibles and hypocrisies aren't delved into too much. Judging by that, Cos might be looking good again in 200 yrs.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

If you're the famous Bill Cosby and you're drugging women to sleep with you, it's like robbing a free-sample cart at Costco.

I'm sure some of the women would've slept with him anyways. But they weren't given the choice to do so.

Of course some of the women weren't attracted to him at all and were looking for a platonic friendship. Those aren't the one's I'm talking about.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-cosby-said-got-drugs-women-sex-212247466.html
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and "other people," according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents; Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and "other people," according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents; Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Read that in New Hampshire or Virginia? One of the women is going for criminal charges because there isn't a statute of limitations...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

When Quaaludes were pulled out of the marketplace because of rampant abuse and misuse, the people rallying against the drug had no clue what Bill was up to.

I read the name brand Quaalude was an abbreviation of "quiet interlude" with the AA spelling as a play on the brand name Maalox, which the same company also developed. It quickly gained a bad connotation as a catch all phrase (ludes) for illicit sedatives. Spicoli: "People on ludes should NOT drive!..."
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

So, what's the deal here? This guy guilty or is this one of the biggest stings in the history of framing someone?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
So, what's the deal here? This guy guilty or is this one of the biggest stings in the history of framing someone?

He's got over 30 accusers and has confessed to buying drugs with the intent to use them on women. If you're unclear about his guilt at this point I'm not sure anything can get us there.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby is no different from Darren Sharper.....he should get jail time.
Unlike Darren Sharper, Bill is loaded, so he will get the best lawyers money can buy, and we know justice in this country depends on how much $$$$$$$$$ you have.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Statcat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I'd laugh too if it wasn't so serious. The guy I watched from the days of Fat Albert, I Spy, the jello commercials; the guy I admired on screen is a predatory drugging rapist, and I despise him for being such lovable characters in public, only to see what his real character is in real life.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Statcat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

:lol:

I'd laugh too if it wasn't so serious. The guy I watched from the days of Fat Albert, I Spy, the jello commercials; the guy I admired on screen is a predatory drugging rapist, and I despise him for being such lovable characters in public, only to see what his real character is in real life.

what did the guy hate so much about himself?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

At some point she realized that he pulled something on her because she knew that she never felt that way before. She backed away from him, cocked her head, glared at him and said, "Yer a mother (bleeper) aren't you?", meaning "I KNOW you drugged my ass bleepity bleep..." She said he was taken aback (he knew the jig was up) and he had her taken downstairs and taxi'd away. Beverly had enough self-awareness to get out of that. Seeing her talk about it, it's clear she has no reason to lie. She gave all the same reasons for why she didn't say anything, namely, she knew no one would believe her and her desires to get into TV would be dashed.

Got mello huh?

This is a case of the tearing down of a Black idol by himself.

He'll ride off into the sunset but not as the once vaunted idol of the Cosby Show. He's lost the Black audience he once had.

What's not been asked, that I've seen, is why? A man with his wealth and fame usually doesn't have to resort to such tactics for sex. Bill is obviously a sexual deviate. Likes zombies. Freak of the week.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

What's not been asked, that I've seen, is why? A man with his wealth and fame usually doesn't have to resort to such tactics for sex. Bill is obviously a sexual deviate. Freak of the week.

Sexual assault isn't about the inability to engage in consensual sex.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What's not been asked, that I've seen, is why? A man with his wealth and fame usually doesn't have to resort to such tactics for sex. Bill is obviously a sexual deviate. Freak of the week.

Sexual assault isn't about the inability to engage in consensual sex.

Not talking about inability, speaking on what he likes, I added zombies to my post.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) GT. Slayed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJUvzfZWEAAvSmR.jpg

Totally 'Shopped.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

lol! You're an a-hole GT. Literally spit out my coffee. Seriously, it's all over my shirt.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJUvzfZWEAAvSmR.jpg

Totally 'Shopped.

Yeah, a few of the pixels in the upper left seem off. Otherwise, that photo looks 100% legit.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

GT. Why you bagging on my man Steph Curry?

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

So RajaBellKennyG is someone else then?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce Says It Won't Remove Bill Cosby's Star On Walk Of Fame

LINK

I'll bet the star with be vandalized. It's probably just a matter of time before it has to be removed.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12
Jump to: