PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?

Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviate. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

A negative Q Score is generally not looked upon as fair punishment for 55+ assaults.

How many are acceptable? I only ask based on the recent political talk about our former esteemed President.

I think there's a pretty wide gulf between Clinton and Cosby, but certainly Clinton's behavior was innapropriate and should be fair game for discussion.

As much as I don't like admitting it, The Donald has a point.

How you can discuss raping more than 40 women in the same breath as getting a hummer from a willing woman of legal age is beyond me. Cosby is a rapist who deserves the death penalty. Clinton got spanked by his wife, which is what he deserved as it is their business and no one else's
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviate. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

A negative Q Score is generally not looked upon as fair punishment for 55+ assaults.

How many are acceptable? I only ask based on the recent political talk about our former esteemed President.

I think there's a pretty wide gulf between Clinton and Cosby, but certainly Clinton's behavior was innapropriate and should be fair game for discussion.

How you can discuss assaulting more than 40 women in the same breath as getting a hummer from a willing woman of legal age is beyond me. Cosby is a rapist who deserves the death penalty. Clinton got spanked by his wife, which is what he deserved as it is their business and no one else's

Clinton's affairs with Lewinsky and Flowers were personal matters that mean nothing to me. But he was accused of assault and/or harassment by at least 3 other women.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

How you can discuss assaulting more than 40 women in the same breath as getting a hummer from a willing woman of legal age is beyond me. Cosby is a rapist who deserves the death penalty. Clinton got spanked by his wife, which is what he deserved as it is their business and no one else's

You discuss it by putting in context with The Donald saying Clinton's behavior is fair game for discussion. Don't parallel it with Cosby. Are you serious?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Clinton's affairs with Lewinsky and Flowers were personal matters that mean nothing to me. But he was accused of assault and/or harassment by at least 3 other women.

So I guess the comparison is assaulting 3 women vs. assaulting 50+ women?
Not much of a comparison.

If someone wants to hold those 2 people in the same regard, so be it.

But to use Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct as a way to undermine Hillary's campaign is disingenuous. Pretty disgusting on alot of levels.
Off the top of my head.

1) Implies women are responsible for their husband's sexual transgressions.
2) Implies Hilary isn't her own individual and is just Mrs. Bill Clinton (sexist).
3) Uses Bill Clinton's victims as political pawns.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:

But to use Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct as a way to undermine Hillary's campaign is disingenuous. Pretty disgusting on alot of levels.
Off the top of my head.

2) Implies Hilary isn't her own individual and is just Mrs. Bill Clinton (sexist).

Well I didn't make the comparison, and agree there's a big difference between the two. I just think Clinton's behavior should be fair game to discuss, especially if he's going to be front and center during her campaign. It may not bother you, and it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand why it would bother people.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:

Off the top of my head.

Well I didn't make the comparison, and agree there's a big difference between the two. I just think Clinton's behavior should be fair game to discuss, especially if he's going to be front and center during her campaign. It may not bother you, and it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand why it would bother people.

I know you didn't. Didn't mean to imply you were the bad guy.
My disgust is directed at Trump, his supporters, and right wingers who will use Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct as a means for undermining Hillary's presidential campaign.

Clinton's victims aren't like Cosby's. Their assaults have been well documented, and they have been run throw the media circus (willingly) long ago.
Is anybody asking Clinton's victims if they want to be used as a means for undermining the 2016 election? I doubt it. I'm sure they want to try and move on and live their lives at this point.

Besides, didn't Trump donate to Clinton's campaign? So if we're blaming other people for Bill Clinton's transgressions put Trump on the list as well.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

So I guess we can consider "Bengazi-Gate & Email-Gate" to be officially closed and we've now moved on to a reconsideration of "Billy's Pecker-Gate"?

Only in America would 8 years and $85 million be considered "Not Enough" to close a subject...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:

Off the top of my head.

I know you didn't. Didn't mean to imply you were the bad guy.
My disgust is directed at Trump, his supporters, and right wingers who will use Bill Clinton's sexual misconduct as a means for undermining Hillary's presidential campaign.

Clinton's victims aren't like Cosby's. Their assaults have been well documented, and they have been run throw the media circus (willingly) long ago.
Is anybody asking Clinton's victims if they want to be used as a means for undermining the 2016 election? I doubt it. I'm sure they want to try and move on and live their lives at this point.

Besides, didn't Trump donate to Clinton's campaign? So if we're blaming other people for Bill Clinton's transgressions put Trump on the list as well.

Trump is a slimeball, but he's also not the only other candidate to bring it up. It's a legitimate issue.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
So I guess we can consider "Bengazi-Gate & Email-Gate" to be officially closed and we've now moved on to a reconsideration of "Billy's Pecker-Gate"?

Only in America would 8 years and $85 million be considered "Not Enough" to close a subject...

Get the feeling you wouldn't be as cavalier about 3 reported incidents by 3 different women if the accusations were leveled against someone on the other side of the aisle. And I understand that impulse. I like Bill Clinton in general, and would rather him not be a sexual predator. I think we all tend to look the other way when it's somebody we admire.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Get the feeling you wouldn't be as cavalier about 3 reported incidents by 3 different women if the accusations were leveled against someone on the other side of the aisle. And I understand that impulse. I like Bill Clinton in general, and would rather him not be a sexual predator. I think we all tend to look the other way when it's somebody we admire.

For the Record, I'm not a Bill Clinton fan. He's the primary reason I made the mistake of voting for GW in 2000.

That said, I'm simply unmoved by allegations which survived the scrutiny of nearly 2 decades of examination and $85 million of combined investigation. After that level of attention and scrutiny, I'd probably need to see video evidence to be moved at this point. Sorry, but this just reeks of more politically motivated adventurism...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
I'd probably need to see video evidence to be moved at this point.

This is why a lot of women aren't believed.

In any event, it may not move you, but I think it's certainly understandable that it would move others. At best his behavior was predatory and profoundly inappropriate and at worst he's a serious criminal.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Personally, after 30 sexual assaults, you've lost me.

In all seriousness, how anyone can plead for mercy for this guy is beyond me. He deserves whatever is coming to him. I hope that the remainder of his life is ruined. It's the least that should happen for him ruining the lives of 50 people who, unlike him, did nothing to deserve it.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

In any event, it may not move you, but I think it's certainly understandable that it would move others. At best his behavior was predatory and profoundly inappropriate and at worst he's a serious criminal.

If proven, it certainly would be. But again, after 2 decades and $85 million in combined investigations, I need more than the current accusations provided. THAT amount of scrutiny should find us arriving at a lot more that just an accusation. SOME evidence would be necessary at that point. That guys pecker has been investigated more than any in the history of man, and yet we still not gone past the accusation level? This isn't some average Joe He said She said scenario. A gargantuan amount of time and money has been leveraged.

Bill Cosby has admitted to some of his actions, and that obviously lends all the credibility necessary. But I would have found the striking similarity of more than 50 women over a course of decades to have been sufficient. This is how TRUE sexual predators operate. Over time, they engage their "Thirsts" again, and again. Sorry, but if Bill Clinton were of that same ilk, we'd have seen it by now. There'd be more than unsubstantiated inuendo. We'd have SOME evidence that he was something more than your run of the mill philanderer. His propensity towards Sexual predation would have yielded more evidence than has come to light to date, Especially considering the unparalled scrutiny.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

If proven, it certainly would be. But again, after 2 decades and $85 million in combined investigations, I need more than the current accusations provided. THAT amount of scrutiny should find us arriving at a lot more that just an accusation. SOME evidence would be necessary at that point. That guys pecker has been investigated more than any in the history of man, and yet we still not gone past the accusation level? This isn't some average Joe He said She said scenario. A gargantuan amount of time and money has been leveraged.

Bill Cosby has admitted to some of his actions, and that obviously lends all the credibility necessary. But I would have found the striking similarity of more than 50 women over a course of decades to have been sufficient. This is how TRUE sexual predators operate. Over time, they engage their "Thirsts" again, and again. Sorry, but if Bill Clinton were of that same ilk, we'd have seen it by now. There'd be more than unsubstantiated inuendo. We'd have SOME evidence that he was something more than your run of the mill philanderer. His propensity towards Sexual predation would have yielded more evidence than has come to light to date, Especially considering the unparalled scrutiny.

Physical evidence isn't so easy to come by in these scenarios. Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of groping her and forcing her hand on his genitals during a private meeting. What kind of evidence do you expect her to provide in this situation? Juanita Broaddrick accused Clinton of making an aggressive pass at her, biting her lip and forcing himself on her while she repeatedly asked him to stop. This was alleged to have occured in 1978. I don't know what evidence you can expect when she finally went public in 1999. Again, it's not just one person. There have been multiple accusations. Not 50+, but multiple. And to dismiss them as innuendo isn't accurate. There have been several, detailed, specific accusations.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Physical evidence isn't so easy to come by in these scenarios. Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of groping her and forcing her hand on his genitals during a private meeting. What kind of evidence do you expect her to provide in this situation? Juanita Broaddrick accused Clinton of making an aggressive pass at her, biting her lip and forcing himself on her while she repeatedly asked him to stop. This was alleged to have occured in 1978. I don't know what evidence you can expect when she finally went public in 1999. Again, it's not just one person. There have been multiple accusations. Not 50+, but multiple. And to dismiss them as innuendo isn't accurate. There have been several, detailed, specific accusations.

Commentary from those at the venue who witnessed the slap marks on his face after he pulled that move perhaps?

Heck, how about the corroborating testimony from a few of her friends that she told about that horrific experience right after it happened?

Her dogs depression after she couldn't show it the same attention after her traumatic experience?

Heck, anything. Something that makes it something more than He said she said? Women generally react to strangers grabbing their girly bits. Maybe the next door neighbor noticed something strange about her demeanor? Anything. Just provide something in the way of potential evidence, no matter how far fetched. I'm simply unwilling to accept this level of character assasination without something more than what could very easily be sour grapes.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Ever notice no matter how smart, how athletic, how famous, how iconic a man can be, he still let's that golden triangle control all his thoughts and wants to the point where he will risk all the good deeds he has done for it.

Just amazing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Ever notice no matter how smart, how athletic, how famous, how iconic a man can be, he still let's that golden triangle control all his thoughts and wants to the point where he will risk all the good deeds he has done for it.

Just amazing.

Mans urge to procreate and spread his seed is up there with eating and breathing. Even those people that try to repress their urges end up doing far worse, for example, the Catholic Church....

Last edited by lakersken80 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Commentary from those at the venue who witnessed the slap marks on his face after he pulled that move perhaps?

Heck, how about the corroborating testimony from a few of her friends that she told about that horrific experience right after it happened?

Her dogs depression after she couldn't show it the same attention after her traumatic experience?

Heck, anything. Something that makes it something more than He said she said? Women generally react to strangers grabbing their girly bits. Maybe the next door neighbor noticed something strange about here demeanor? Anything. Just provide something in the way of potential evidence, no matter how far fetched. I'm simply unwilling to accept this level of character assasination without something more than what could very easily be sour grapes.

Unfortunately these kinds of things are a little more complex, and if any of your suggested silly and dismissive bits of evidence were provided you'd shrug them off as insufficient. These types of assaults don't always result in the dropping of a bloody glove. You said it yourself: you need a videotape. Well a camera isn't always rolling. I suppose it's possible that multiple people over the course of several decades are all making it up out of thin air, but I maintain this is more about your political leanings.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Heck, anything. Something that makes it something more than He said she said? Women generally react to strangers grabbing their girly bits. Maybe the next door neighbor noticed something strange about here demeanor? Anything. Just provide something in the way of potential evidence, no matter how far fetched. I'm simply unwilling to accept this level of character assasination without something more than what could very easily be sour grapes.

Unfortunately these kinds of things are a little more complex, and if any of your suggested silly and dismissive bits of evidence were provided you'd shrug them off as insufficient. These types of assaults don't always result in the dropping of a bloody glove. You said it yourself: you need a videotape. Well a camera isn't always rolling. I suppose it's possible that multiple people over the course of several decades are all making it up out of thin air, but I maintain this is more about your political leanings.

The striking difference between the Clinton and Cosby allegation is that with Clinton, none of the accusations show a similarity is technique and approach, whereas those of Cosby show a glaring similarity in technique and approach - hence they easily meet the criteria we've learned about PREDATION. Is Bill Clinton likely a womanizing creep? HECK YES!!!!. Is he likely a sexual predator? Sorry, but there just isn't enough information supporting that conclusion.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

That's basically it in a nutshell. Succinctly put, but Trump has been a scumbag of mass proportions his entire adult life. It's to be expected. He's the most dangerous man with the possibility of controlling the nuclear football since Barry Goldwater, and that's saying something because Goldwater was practically unhinged.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who cares? I do.

Let it go.

That is not what is being discussed. What is being discussed is Cosby's assaults on women and Clinton's assaults on women.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:

Off the top of my head.

I am sure those 3 women would be sorry to hear that there weren't enough of them to make their assaults worthy. What a horrible thing to post.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

And the point of bringing it up in regard to Hillary is that she tries to come off as a women's rights champion when in reality she was the one who tried defending her husband by putting blame on the victims. So it is definitely fair game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

That's basically it in a nutshell. Succinctly put, but Trump has been a scumbag of mass proportions his entire adult life. It's to be expected. He's the most dangerous man with the possibility of controlling the nuclear football since Barry Goldwater, and that's saying something because Goldwater was practically unhinged.

You say this as if the world isn't in dangerous hands already...Putin has access to all of Russia's nukes and Emperor Xi is trying to change the world order by bullying all his neighbors.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ocho wrote:

Off the top of my head.

I am sure those 3 women would be sorry to hear that there weren't enough of them to make their assaults worthy. What a horrible thing to post.

That wasn't my post.
Their assaults are worthy.
Their assaults have been documented and reported on.
I highly doubt Donald Trump (or the right) has contacted the victims and asked their permission to rehash their traumatic events that occurred over 15 years ago for political means now.
That's what is (bleep) up. They are victims, not political pawns.

Their situation is different than what Bill Cosby's victims are facing now. These victims are coming forward just now. They're fighting for their justice, since alot of the assaults have passed the statute of limitations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12
Jump to: