Bill Cosby accused of sexual assault
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 39381
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Didn't President Reagan delay the Super Bowl for a half hour so the country could watch the Cosby Show?


Considering that the show aired on the Thursday night line-up and was not a live show (meaning it aired twice - East Coast and then West Coast 3 hours later), I can't see how that would be true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16393

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
So I guess we can consider "Bengazi-Gate & Email-Gate" to be officially closed and we've now moved on to a reconsideration of "Billy's Pecker-Gate"?


Only in America would 8 years and $85 million be considered "Not Enough" to close a subject...


That's basically it in a nutshell. Succinctly put, but Trump has been a scumbag of mass proportions his entire adult life. It's to be expected. He's the most dangerous man with the possibility of controlling the nuclear football since Barry Goldwater, and that's saying something because Goldwater was practically unhinged.


You say this as if the world isn't in dangerous hands already...Putin has access to all of Russia's nukes and Emperor Xi is trying to change the world order by bullying all his neighbors.


Last take on this, moving away from Trump (wrong thread).

Duly noted. All the more reason to have a wiser person in the big chair. Think JFK. I know, another p-hound (not again...), but I'll tell you what. During the early 60s and especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis, if the President were Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, or Nixon, it's very difficult to imagine that there wouldn't have been a nuclear war and for various reasons. Kennedy called on Truman's man Dean Acheson for advisement and he later told others in a meeting that the country had no leadership because Kennedy made the cautious decision to blockade before taking steps that were harder to undo. There were all these belligerent hawks from the CIA and military branches (Curtis LeMay, an extraordinary belligerent) surrounding him in his national security and CMC (EXCOMM) committees. What did Jack do that the others probably would not have done in the guise of toughness? He asked questions on top of questions and this was after doing all he could to find common ground with Khrushchev. He pissed off most of his military advisers, many of the same ones to whom he gave the benefit of the doubt in the Bay Of Pigs fiasco. Ultimately, he diverted the worst possible scenario by allowing the customary Russian prick on the other side to save face and extract his country from a situation that had grown out of his control. Kennedy showed he was tougher than Khrushchev initially thought, but that didn't come by swinging his D around like some people do.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL

WILBON PROPS NPZ's MAGIC MAN MIX ON PTI!


Last edited by non-player zealot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
So I guess we can consider "Bengazi-Gate & Email-Gate" to be officially closed and we've now moved on to a reconsideration of "Billy's Pecker-Gate"?


Only in America would 8 years and $85 million be considered "Not Enough" to close a subject...


That's basically it in a nutshell. Succinctly put
, but Trump has been a scumbag of mass proportions his entire adult life. It's to be expected. He's the most dangerous man with the possibility of controlling the nuclear football since Barry Goldwater, and that's saying something because Goldwater was practically unhinged.


You say this as if the world isn't in dangerous hands already...Putin has access to all of Russia's nukes and Emperor Xi is trying to change the world order by bullying all his neighbors.


Duly noted. All the more reason to have a wise man in the big chair. Think JFK. I know, another p-hound (not again...), but I'll tell you what. During the early 60s and especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis, if the President were Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, or Nixon, it's very difficult to imagine that there wouldn't have been a nuclear war and for various reasons. Truman's man in Kennedy's cabinet told others in public that the country had no leadership. There were all these belligerent hawks in there from the CIA and military branches (Curtis LeMay, an extraordinary belligerent). What did Jack do that the others probably would not have done in the guise of toughness. He asked questions on top of questions. He pissed all his advisers off, many of the same ones he gave the benefit of the doubt to in the Bay Of Pigs fiasco. Ultimately, he diverted the worst possible scenario by allowing the customary Russian belligerent on the other side to save face and disentangle his own bad decisions. Kennedy showed he was tougher than Khrushchev initially thought, but that didn't come by slinging his D around like Trump does and would. Besides that, he has shown much less geopolitical knowledge than Marco Rubio, a guy how many years younger than he? He's an idiot on top of being an ahole. That's something that is getting lost in the reporting because he so excels in being the latter.

JFK's handling of the Cuban missile crises was classic Theodore Roosevelt 'Walk softly and carry a big stick'. Pun intended.

If elected The Donald's need to be the BMOC will backfire on him. Putin doesn't impress me as a man who will be bullied. He made a cologne in his essence. It's selling like hotcakes.

TBO this election has me on edge. On one hand I hope Trump wins the primary because I think he will be defeated in the general election for the office.

On the other hand I have much angst because governments current leaders are so mistrusted people may elect him POTUS out of dismay.

At the bold underlined italicized
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Didn't President Reagan delay the Super Bowl for a half hour so the country could watch the Cosby Show?


Considering that the show aired on the Thursday night line-up and was not a live show (meaning it aired twice - East Coast and then West Coast 3 hours later), I can't see how that would be true.

OK, makes sense. I remember Reagan delaying an event, my fogged memory was the SB. Do you, or any in the forum, remember what the event was or even if there was one?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 18108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of sexual assault!!!


LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2700
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual sexual assault?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position was and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous offense.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 2700
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position is and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he understands and is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous misstep.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.


I follow most posts, but you're the only one who regularly advocates for atrocious celebrity behavior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 19314
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position is and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he understands and is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous misstep.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.


Of course he follows your posts. He is CMB after all...
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position is and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he understands and is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous misstep.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.


Of course he follows your posts. He is CMB after all...

Well I'll be damn! One of my favorite people in the forum. Wuz up Cuz?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position is and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he understands and is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous misstep.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.


I follow most posts, but you're the only one who regularly advocates for atrocious celebrity behavior.

We're not on the same page when it comes to advocating. I've never taken a position on OJ, I don't advocate for Vick, I'm a believer in the system. Cosby is a disappointment. How you deem my posts as advocating for him is beyond me.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 39381
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How you deem my posts as advocating for him is beyond me.


Here's a hint:

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 78620
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


Let it go? Why? And who cares if they ever let it go?

Yes! Why beat a dead horse. He's been destroyed, most likely will be bankrupt from lawyer fees. Why the sadistic need to see a person already destroyed kicked when he's down?

He's a sexual deviant. He obviously has a problem. The man is sick. Just because he's Bill Cosby doesn't mean he can't be ill.

What he did is deplorable. He deserves whatever happens in the courts. Even if he's found not guilty he's done. He's been vilified, ruined, what pleasure is derived by continuing to demean a publicly condemended man?

Who cares? I do.


Let it go.


Why couldn't this logic apply to any other news story?

What the heck man. You're pushing for more BLM when people are saying ok enough is enough, and then calling for people to back off Cosby???

I can only assume the different standards are because you can't relate to Cosby's victims and thus care less.

What stories are you talking about? Let me know and I'll give an opinion on them.

I'm not pushing for anything. I'm posting opinions in a thread. It's people prerogative regarding whether enough is enough.

Relating to your assumption, apply a very old adage assume makes a ASS out of U and ME

In the case of Cosby it's me saying 'enough is enough' you make your decision on how you shelf it. I also got tired of hearing about Inflategate.

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!


LINK


A mediatakeout link, jodeke? Of all the tabloids, this is the least credible.

Could one of your idols commit any crime too heinous for you to apologize for? So far you've pleaded (unconvincingly) for online amnesty on behalf of the leisurely torture and electrocution of dogs, attempted murder, actual murder, and now...alleged serial sexual assault?

I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.
Quote:
read this article and decide for yourself.


The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.

I haven't pleaded for the amnesty of Vick, that's what you drew. I'm an advocate for the system.

My position is and remains, he did a crime, did the time, should be allowed to return to society to prove he understands and is sorry for his misstep. That's not excusing his heinous misstep.

We're a society of second chances, why not Mike?

I see you follow my posts. Thank you.


I follow most posts, but you're the only one who regularly advocates for atrocious celebrity behavior.

We're not on the same page when it comes to advocating. I've never taken a position on OJ, I don't advocate for Vick, I'm a believer in the system. Cosby is a disappointment. How you deem my posts as advocating for him is beyond me.


Because anyone with a 70 iq or better can see you're trying to have it both ways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
How you deem my posts as advocating for him is beyond me.


Here's a hint:

MTO SHOCKER: New Evidence Suggests That Bill Cosby MIGHT BE INNOCENT AFTER ALL . . . Look At The BACKGROUND . . . Of The Women . . . Accusing Him Of assault!!!

Quote:
I don't follow tabloids and believe very little of what they print. I didn't post the article for believably.

This article says things that, IMM, don't excuse Cosby, it sheds light on some of his accusers.

I don't call that advocating. If you've read my posts concerning Cosby you know I think he's shamed himself and our community.

I wrote:
Quote:
IMO Cosby's done something that will tarnish his image forever. I don't see any way it can be repaired. In my eyes it's irreparable.

When is the media going to let it go?


I wrote:

Quote:
The number of women in the article is minuscule compared to the number of accusers. I'm of the school Bill has shamed himself and he being a Black icon I'm saddened.

I say again, it's difficult for me to watch a Black icon fall from grace.


IMM I'm not a advocate for Cosby, I'm ashamed for him.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Quote:
Because anyone with a 70 iq or better can see you're trying to have it both ways.

Have it, see it anyway you choose.

I don't feel I'm advocating for Bill, I feel I'm being ashamed for him, something he's not doing.

I've never advocated for Vick, my position is with the system.

EDIT: If you consider asking the public to consider giving Vick a second chance after serving his time and showing contriteness advocating then I concede that point.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 2626
Location: Globo Gym

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Standard lawyer horse (bleep). First thing you do as a defender is attack the accusers credibility. So, then they find out they stole lunch money from some kid in the 8th grade and had a DUI when they were in high school. Basically character assassination.

Mr Huxtable maybe should have not been (bleep) skanks with drugs while being married and being Americas dad. (bleep) hypocrite. Let him burn. We all know he did it. You can see it in his eyes and you can see it from his gravy training enabling wife.
_________________
Because we're better than you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Standard lawyer horse (bleep). First thing you do as a defender is attack the accusers credibility. So, then they find out they stole lunch money from some kid in the 8th grade and had a DUI when they were in high school. Basically character assassination.

Mr Huxtable maybe should have not been (bleep) skanks with drugs while being married and being Americas dad. (bleep) hypocrite. Let him burn. We all know he did it. You can see it in his eyes and you can see it from his gravy training enabling wife.

IA O R the reasons you inked are why I'm ashamed for him, he doesn't seemed to be ashamed for himself.

I think Bill is guilty as sin. I also believe some of his accusers are in it for money. That's why I posted the article from a suspect site.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jan 2002
Posts: 6589
Location: Los Angeles/Barcelona

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

All 476 women accusing Cosby of sexual assault are LIARS!

It's actually quite easy to get 476 people to conspire against a single person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27941

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby will be dead before he sits a day in jail....My guess is that while what his accusers are saying are probably true, the fact is the evidence all disappeared into thin air because nobody reported their sexual assaults right after it happened. Not only that but most of the accusers are several decades old so it'll be hard to convict him on evidence so it'll be their word against his.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119656
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject:

No charges in the two LA cases.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 7023
Location: L.A

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No charges in the two LA cases.


jodeke is having a party. OJ and Michael Vick are invited. Donald Sterling isn't . He's white and Jewish.
_________________
It's winnin' time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27941

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No charges in the two LA cases.


jodeke is having a party. OJ and Michael Vick are invited. Donald Sterling isn't . He's white and Jewish.


OJ might be a bit preoccupied....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 41290
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LINK



I tear as I ink this......Why Bill, Why????? DAMN
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 18108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No charges in the two LA cases.


jodeke is having a party. OJ and Michael Vick are invited. Donald Sterling isn't . He's white and Jewish.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB