Bill Cosby accused of rape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

Another woman came out yesterday. I think that makes 14 accusers for Bill all with a very similar story. It seems old Bill had a go to strategy. The accuser says she came up with the plan of telling Bill that she had an infection, and that if he raped her his wife would find out he cheated, but all it did was divert him to another orifice.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby didn't like this cartoon.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

That was hilarious.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

If they used his name and image didn't he get paid?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Nope. They didn't make money on it. The series was part of a weekly film contest. Winning gets you bragging rights and the honor of making more episodes for the club to watch.

They had to stop because they got a cease and desist order from Cosby.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I think you are free to use the name and image of any public figure. If you use someone's fictional character like Homer Simpson for example, you would have to pay.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject:

Janice Dickinson says Bill Cosby sexually assaulted her; NBC, Netflix distance themselves from comedian

LINK

And the beat goes on. Crosby's image is in ruins. He's going to be hard pressed to halt the skid.

I remember when he had the Cosby show and Lisa Bonnet did a sex scene in the movie Angle Heart he thought it wasn't appropriate and it's reported he had her written out of the show. If he did that's really hypocritical.

I hate to see him go down in flames but if all the allegations are true he bought it on himself.

I would have included the sex scene short in my post but it's a bit revealing, in fact it reveals a lot and it's really graphic.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised we don't hear about these kinds of accusations about more powerful celebrities.

I remember hearing something about Cory Feldmen saying that there were a lot of powerful people that liked to molest young boys as well as people who take advantage of women. Everything is just kept quiet for some reason.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby had a lot of pull during the 80's, not to mention he had a family friendly show that was a ratings blockbuster. I'm guessing people behind the scenes probably knew about it but kept their mouths shut.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I'm surprised we don't hear about these kinds of accusations about more powerful celebrities.

I remember hearing something about Cory Feldmen saying that there were a lot of powerful people that liked to molest young boys as well as people who take advantage of women. Everything is just kept quiet for some reason.

I'd guess that it's because going public as a victim risks ruining one's own personal and professional reputation as well as legal consequences for defamation/unprovable allegations.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I'd guess that it's because going public as a victim risks ruining one's own personal and professional reputation as well as legal consequences for defamation/unprovable allegations.

Not to mention that Hollywood will often defend these creeps. Look at Polanski.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bill Cosby had a lot of pull during the 80's

And apparently a ton of push, amirite?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Don Lemon asking a victim why she didn't just bite his wee-wee.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Camille Cosby, another victim of the controversy?

LINK

Much has been said about Bill not much about Camille. This is a interesting article. It doesn't give much relating to how she's coping. I was intrigued by how much she's responsible for his success.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if he's guilty or innocent, but I wonder why with all the money he has, doesn't have a lawyer by his side when he's making media appearances during this past week.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I don't know if he's guilty or innocent, but I wonder why with all the money he has, doesn't have a lawyer by his side when he's making media appearances during this past week.

I'd guess he's being advised. It looks to me as if he's guilty and trying to be as non antagonistic as possible.

He seems to be in the mode the less he says the quicker this will go away.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I remember when he had the Cosby show and Lisa Bonnet did a sex scene in the movie Angle Heart he thought it wasn't appropriate and it's reported he had her written out of the show.

No, she just went off to college. Like a good dad, he paid her tuition. She was dorm mates with Marissa Tomei before she got all sexy on us.
magickobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CBS New at 11:00am reporting dozens of women in the past made the same allegations. Maybe Bill was a PLAYA back in the day.
all of these allegations are old. they are being rehashed because of the meme thing. thats it and thats all. now that doesnt mean that some or all of them are not true. it also doenst mean any of those allegations are true at all.

The thing about the 17 yr girl story is if you really read it. You will see, that they had sex on multiple occasions. Which tells me if that did go down like that. yes bill is a dirty birdy for messing with a 17 year old. But she kept the thing going as well why? to be a star thats why. She admitted as much.

Which then goes into another point. lets say every allegation about bill is true. Ask yourself were these women in hollywood only touched by cos? i say No way. What they are describing most likely happened with a few of these hollywood types. doesnt make it right. but it tells you the culture of hollywood especially back in the 80's and on. see we're only discussing bill because of the meme thing. NOt because he's the only one that have touched these women. if that even happened. The entire casting couch little side joke is real.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject:

The statue of limitations ran out a while ago, so legally they can't do anything about it or prove it. But his reputation is tarnished and he probably won't be getting those residual checks if they stop re-running his shows.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Sad to see if true.

I don't know. I can see both sides of this.

First off, it's a nine year old allegation that never went anywhere, no proof, no mention of a police report in the article. Cosby has for decades been known as a mentor, spoken of well by the great majority of people he's helped and worked with. When a woman makes an allegation against a famous rich man in today's environment, it's almost always taken at face value without at least considering the character of the man involved, which in Cosby's case is pretty solid. It does make you go "hmm" that he's been accused of stuff like this before, but the article said a previous accuser was actually convicted of extortion.

This almost sounds like the Kobe situation. How far did the media and outside observers initially go with that story before he had his day in court and before her story was destroyed by Dr. Baden's findings? I remember Shelley Smith actually giving the most hyper-dramatic outcomes of Kobe getting convicted. It was disgusting, that cow said that he could be barred from access to children and PETS, the allusion that he had the capacity to abuse an effin animal and his kids. All that even before he had his first appearance in court. Again, I'm not saying Cosby didn't do these things for certain, because I don't know, but I tend to be patient when it's a rich man involved because of the specter of someone looking for a payday or a pay-OFF (a la Kate F).

On the other side, there's a chance all or at least SOME of their stories are true (it might be true that he had a teen girl at his house and gave her a Halcion or something), it's just impossible to know without proof. The guy from 7th Heaven, there was actually a recording by his wife where he admitted to some abuse of kids. That's the kinda thing that gives me reason to consider the women's side as well. From all indications, the 7th Heaven guy's public persona was clean too. It would just be much more convincing if there was an initial police report. That even happened in Polanski's case, the girl's mother made sure to get that accomplished and there was evidence to at least force him to admit to "consensual" sex. Even though there wasn't a sex crime in Clinton and Monica's case, Billy got caught up because he left a love stain. That's a linchpin in these kinda things. Probably why Cosby is acting confident.

I think unlike the 7th Heaven actor, Bill Cosby never admitted anything on tape. Not to mention he had the #1 show in Primetime television for 5 consecutive seasons on NBC, so he's not hurting for money.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I remember when he had the Cosby show and Lisa Bonnet did a sex scene in the movie Angle Heart he thought it wasn't appropriate and it's reported he had her written out of the show.

No, she just went off to college. Like a good dad, he paid her tuition. She was dorm mates with Marissa Tomei before she got all sexy on us.

No (bleep) way! That is the HOTTEST dorm room in history.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Seriously? You never saw "A different World?"
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope, I was too young to be interested in that show. But now I'm old enough to appreciate a dorm room containing Lisa Bonet and Mona Lisa Vito.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope, I was too young to be interested in that show. But now I'm old enough to appreciate a dorm room containing Lisa Bonet and Mona Lisa Vito.

And the show had a very young and very hot Jada Pinkett before she became a terrible parent. She was smokin'
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CBS New at 11:00am reporting dozens of women in the past made the same allegations. Maybe Bill was a PLAYA back in the day.
all of these allegations are old. they are being rehashed because of the meme thing. thats it and thats all. now that doesnt mean that some or all of them are not true. it also doenst mean any of those allegations are true at all.

The thing about the 17 yr girl story is if you really read it. You will see, that they had sex on multiple occasions. Which tells me if that did go down like that. yes bill is a dirty birdy for messing with a 17 year old. But she kept the thing going as well why? to be a star thats why. She admitted as much.

Which then goes into another point. lets say every allegation about bill is true. Ask yourself were these women in hollywood only touched by cos? i say No way. What they are describing most likely happened with a few of these hollywood types. doesnt make it right. but it tells you the culture of hollywood especially back in the 80's and on. see we're only discussing bill because of the meme thing. NOt because he's the only one that have touched these women. if that even happened. The entire casting couch little side joke is real.

That is bothersome.

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people out there that "play the game". They know that sex is part of that game and do it in hopes of it helping them succeed.

I'm sure they also feel dumb and burned if they don't end up successful. They probably regret some of the choices they made.

It's still pretty disgusting that the industry can be like that, and that certain high profile celebrities probably expect to have a steady stream of wannabes willing to trade sex for opportunity.

There's a fine line though. And I'm sure that some celebrities are so used to it that they can't fathom the possibility of an aspiring actress or actor really didn't want to play the game.

What's thousands of times more disgusting is when children are involved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12
Jump to: